Pack in carry on for 2yo

DisneyinDecember

Earning My Ears
What do you pack in your carry-on for a 2yo on the airplane?

This is what I have so far:
toys
coloring book/sticker book/reading book
diapers/pull ups/underwear and 2-3 changes of clothes (we are in the middle of potty training)

snacks-

What type of snacks? crackers, suckers, animal crackers

What about drinks? My DD is a chocolate milk drinker, but should I bring a small lunchsize cooler full of chocolate milk and juice and water? Should I try and stuff one of those in my carryon?

What have you done?

We're coming from Minneapolis with a 1 hour layover in Atlanta (so probably about 4-5 hours total until we get to Magic land). We couldn't pass up the $111.00 RT ticket price from Delta!!!

Help! We leave in 18 days!! :confused:

How long is the flight?

For our recent trip (2 1/2 hours), I packed diapers, wipes, a change of clothes, a sippy cup, paper, pencils, book, lollipops, crackers, cookies, and a small toy. I had hoped it would keep him occupied, but as it turned out, he freaked when the plane took off and didn't settle down until we were 30 minutes into the flight! Then, he fell asleep. :)

Whatever you would pack in the diaper bag, pack in the carry on, plus those extras like clothes and books. Have a great time! :)

Any kind of fun shaped crackers or cookies are great because that have double value.They can play and eat both. Teddy grahams , gold fish, cat -dog crackers are fun.Dry ceral is also a great idea. Something like lucky charms is fun to sort. I think with all the extra airport security and limits on carry ons right now, I would forgo the cooler and get the boxes of chocolate milk.No need to keep cool. My son at that age loved to listen to tapes.If she does not mind the ear phones ,that would be fun. You control the volume. A couple new surprise to pull out at tense moments are a winner too. Perhaphs something the two of you can do together. Best advise is to resign yourself to the fact that you may have to pretty much spend the entire time keeping her entertained and happy. Have a great trip!

Jordan's mom

What I did when my DD was 2 is I brought a couple of her favorite toys, crayons, coloring book, stickers, diapers, wipes (wasn't potty trained yet) and the best thing..... A video tape!!! WE carried on our video camera, we have one with a small screen, and before we left I taped the TV showing her favorite video. It worked perfectly!!! The plane is very loud with all the engine noise, and I kept it low enough for just her to hear, and she just sat the whole way watching her favorite video!!!! Also, I recommend putting your son/daughter in pull-ups for the flight, there would be nothing worse than an accident to happen in flight and having to have your child sit in that wet seat the rest of the flight.

We're flying to WDW on Friday and have 3 kids - 8, 5, and 2. I bought those Crayola Mess free Wonder markers. They now sell coloring books to go with them and my kids love them. My 2YO doesn't like using crayons because she sees the other two using markers. This way, everyone is happy and I don't have to worry about her making a mess with markers.
If you're not familiar with them, they only write on the special Crayola paper. They're not terribly expensive - we only get them for trips. I've packed them in my carry on bag as a surprise for them when we get on the plane.

I've also packed snacks for everyone.
Good luck!
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter