Packing for February - What clothes do I pack?

DVC-LEROY

DVC Member Since 2001
I'm starting to pack for our first February trip and I have no idea what kind of clothes to bring - I have out everything from polar fleece to shorts. Is it too cold for shorts and sandals? Is it warm enough for the pool? Does it get really cold at night? We've only been there when it's 80 - I'm suddenly realizing that I need to pack differently. Please lend your packing wisdom.

I have read on these boards that you can get a variety of weather from 70's to downright cold. I am keeping my fingers crossed for at least shorts weather during the day and will take joggers and tops for the evening. What I want to know is how much clothing would someone take assuming they will do laundry once, maybe twice? (Also with the Feb weather in mind)

We've been in Feb three times. First watch the long range forecast and don't pack too soon. If it looks like it's going to be cooler when you go you can cut back on shorts and sandals, if it's going to be warmer, cut back on pants. That being said on this trip I will not overpack (LOL! and FAT CHANCE!) but here's my list for 7 day trip - Will do laundry if necessary.
4 shorts
4-5 short sleeve tops
2 bathing suits
3 pants
1 set of sweats
1 set of long underwear
2-3 long sleeve tops
1 sweatshirt
daily socks and underwear
2 beach towels
nightshirt
sneakers (if I can fit, I will do two pairs)
sandals
flip flops
Poncho
will wear one pair pants with long sleeve shirt with fleece jacket
Assuming 60-80 degree weather I should not have to do laundry. If it's predicted to be cooler, I would probably add another set of dressier fleece sweats (worn with the long underwear and the fleece jacket I'd be comfortable to about 50 degrees. )

Thanks for posting this. We are making our first Feb. trip also in two weeks. We are used to the variations in fall FL weather, but Feb. I'm sure will be much cooler. I'm going to keep watching the weather. I never pack until the day before anyway, so we'll see what the weather has in store.

Gi

Thanks for the info - I started to panic when I started pulling out all tank tops, then shorts and then polar fleece, and long pants and - had three stacks of clothes and I didn't even begin to get out things for my DH and DS.

It is usually our "winter" still, but who knows this year. It has been colder than usually. I would also keep a close eye on the 7 day forecast as you get closer to your "magical" date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter