Packing tips

pixleyyy

DIS Veteran
Do you have any tips for things I should pack that I wouldn't normally think of. Someone mentioned bandaids and hand sanitizer, for example. Anything else I should think about bringing?

I always bring a rain poncho and small umbrella, in case of rain. I also pack several cheap ponchos (like the 2 for 1 packs at the dollar store) or large garbage bags to use on the wet rides. (Splash Mtn. and Grizzly River Rapids) They're small enough to fit in a purse and then you can just toss them when you're done.

My daughter and I bought small, purse-sized backpacks with water bottle holders on the sides to take on our last WDW trip. They were great and held our stuff easily!

Have a WONDERFUL time!!!!

Thanks Terri. Have ponchos but didn't think about bring umbrellas too. Might want to do that as weather forecase says possible rain :( for some of the days we are there.

I always take moleskin. It's perfect for when you feel a sore spot coming up on your foot. You can catch it before it turns into a blister. It's in the foot care section of stores. (If you buy the sheet, make sure you have scissors with you to cut it). :teeth:

After having really dry painful skin one time from hotel soaps and hard water--I bring my own soaps and lotion.

Other items:
rain ponchos from Dollar Tree (I break out in rash from GRR.. wahh)

envelopes preset with tip for housekeeping (easy to use, don't need to scrounge for cash)

bandaids/blister care

hand sanitizer

Samples : meds for tummy aches, headaches, immodium just in case :eek: , plus child ones for fevers and coughs

Airborne tablets for flight

baby wipes (multi use item! clean up tables before you eat, wipe messy hands, wipe clothing to prevent stains, and for that "fresh" feeling after toileting :thumbsup2 )

cords for electronics (found out hard way that our digital kodak camera would only charge on its base not with just the power cord)

coupons for local restaurants .. check here
http://anaheimoc.org/coupons/index.cfm

maps printed out for places we would like to see - grab map and out the door! Made it very easy for DH to go to his dialysis center .. knowing what to expect helps you deal with strange-to-you areas.

HeatherAnn23 said:
I always take moleskin. It's perfect for when you feel a sore spot coming up on your foot. You can catch it before it turns into a blister. It's in the foot care section of stores. (If you buy the sheet, make sure you have scissors with you to cut it). :teeth:
Picked that one up today. Forgot the scissors though. :idea:

funnygarcia said:
After having really dry painful skin one time from hotel soaps and hard water--I bring my own soaps and lotion.

Other items:
rain ponchos from Dollar Tree (I break out in rash from GRR.. wahh)

envelopes preset with tip for housekeeping (easy to use, don't need to scrounge for cash)

bandaids/blister care

hand sanitizer

Samples : meds for tummy aches, headaches, immodium just in case :eek: , plus child ones for fevers and coughs

Airborne tablets for flight

baby wipes (multi use item! clean up tables before you eat, wipe messy hands, wipe clothing to prevent stains, and for that "fresh" feeling after toileting :thumbsup2 )

cords for electronics (found out hard way that our digital kodak camera would only charge on its base not with just the power cord)

coupons for local restaurants .. check here
http://anaheimoc.org/coupons/index.cfm

maps printed out for places we would like to see - grab map and out the door! Made it very easy for DH to go to his dialysis center .. knowing what to expect helps you deal with strange-to-you areas.
Thank you for the link to the coupons. There are a few there I will use for our trip!

HeatherAnn23 said:

I cut the sheet into several smaller pieces in different sizes, then take those to the park with me in the fanny pack. I don't have to take the whole sheet, but the smaller pieces will last me until I can get back to the room for a more thorough job.

Like another poster, I also take sample/travel packs of immodium, tylenol/advil, pepto tablets, benadryl--anything I would want to take immediately. I take a single dose in the fanny pack--again, enough to last me until I can get back to the room.

I know others will say DL's First Aid stations carry all of the above, but I'm not a fan of finding them when I could just as easily carry all of the above in a snack baggie in my pocket.

To add to the list. . .
Sunglass straps so you don't have to stow your sunglasses or worry about them falling off during rides or leaning over the moat wall.

I'd also consider purchasing one of the DL Fast Pass Holders ($7 at almost any shop in the park) when you get there. It's a cord around your neck that has an enamel "pin" of the castle and a plastic zipper pouch just big enough for your park tickets and fast passes. It's not nearly as ugly as I make it sound! It was a great place to keep the tickets and fast passes both centralized and DRY during our December trip.

Have a magical vacation!

I always bring an empty folded up duffle bag in my luggage on the way there. Some how, when its time to pack up and leave, I always end up really needing that duffle bag!

Lately, so many airlines have been really strict about the weight limit per piece of luggage, so this could really save you some money in the end.

Snacks in your carry on for the airplane. They are so stingy now, that I try to always carry a power bar or some kind of nibble.

funnygarcia said:
immodium just in case :eek:

I agree 100% :thumbsup2 you know people dont think about how water differs from place to place and one thing I always do even in Disneyland, I dont drink water unless its bottled. Ive had too many times where mine or my daughters stomachs have been upset and when I started thinking about the water I stopped drinking it and never had any more problems but I still take the imodium with me just to be on the safe side :goodvibes

pixleyyy said:
Do you have any tips for things I should pack that I wouldn't normally think of. Someone mentioned bandaids and hand sanitizer, for example. Anything else I should think about bringing?
Everything short of the kitchen sink.Water, soda ,cereal,milk, instant breakfast's , and beer. Ice is cheap or free :rolleyes1 Always bring your own shampoo,soap and conditioner(not that i need it).Lotion if you use it.Defently sunscreen,film (o.k.darph back off). :thumbsup2

Tickets!!! Don't forget to pack the Disney Tickets!!!!
lol :teeth:

Oh, if you haven't done so already, photocopy both sides of the tickets and keep these copies separate from the tickets. I learned the hard way going to WDW a few years ago, please learn from my mistakes. lol

Pajamas. On two differant trips (not disney!) I've forgotten to pack my pj's! :blush:

Depending on your park touring style, you may want either a fanny pack or a small backpack to carry things you may need in the parks. I favor the small backpack. I find fanny packs uncomfortable, unfashionable, and I can carry more stuff and have the weight evenly distributed over both sholders. I also use it on the airplane to carry all our inflight snacks and entertainment (cd player and cd's, book, magazine etc.). Also handy for the flight home. As a previous poster suggested to bring an extra duffle bag for the trip home, I've used my park backpack for those few last minute things that I picked that I can't cram into the suitcase.

I go on no trip now (disney or not) without my little leather Pooh backpack!

Syn&Bri'sDaddy said:
Tickets!!! Don't forget to pack the Disney Tickets!!!!
lol :teeth:

Oh, if you haven't done so already, photocopy both sides of the tickets and keep these copies separate from the tickets. I learned the hard way going to WDW a few years ago, please learn from my mistakes. lol

That's just so funny that you mentioned that. My sister did just that on our last trip in Oct. My sister was traveling with her 2 yo(her dh was only coming for the disneyland portion of our trip, not san diego). Well, she was so excited to see my parents and our other sister and her family that she totally spaced on bringing her entire aaa travel package that came in the mail. She realized that she left it at home the day we were leaving san diego for anaheim, my brother in law already left home and was inflight to California. So there was no way to get her pacakge from home (parkhoppers, hotel, toontown, lanyard and pin vouchers, luggage tags, the whole works). AAA had her repurchase her pacakge. When she got home after the trip she returned the first pacakge and got her refund. So don't forget to pack ALL of your travel information/package.

There are quite a few threads of this nature on the Disneyworld portion of this chat board. Check out the "Disney Tips" section. Tons of ideas, and much more comprehensive than the threads I've seen on the DL section!

Look for threads like "what's the one thing you should bring?", "what are the top ten things you should pack?", "what do you wish you'd taken?", or "what did you pack that was a waste" to get some ideas.

spazzyjazzy said:

Oh forgot the MOST important item.T.P. The t.p. in the hotels and rest areas are HORRIBLE ,to be polite. :eek:

The best packing tip I read was on one of the WDW boards. They suggested getting one of those clear plastic over the door shoe holders to hold all your toiletries in the bathroom. Just put all the stuff for the bathroom into the pockets and roll it up. When you get to the hotel you can unroll it and hang it on the back of the door. You can see everything through the clear plastic and the bathroom stays tidy. I love it! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter