• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we generally stay off property due to costs so if there was a way to pay to get those top tier FPs that we are challenged to get now (assuming not an astronomical cost) it could work out well for us
Yeah, but I can’t imagine why they would make offsite + paid FP cheaper than staying on site. Seems like that would incentivize people to stay offsite and make things more difficult for onsite guests.

What I mean is that if there is a paid FP option, the paid FPs might only be available to onsite guests (like the current CL paid FPs), or onsite gets priority or a cheaper rate, or the rate for offsite guests is very high.

The way they operate, I just don’t see how/why they would make paid FPs a better deal for offsite guests.

its been rumored for some time that WDW will add a paid FP option.

According to Martin at WDWmagic later this year this will go into place.

sorry, I only read the first post and responded without realizing this was a 100 page thread. So I’m deleting my response because I doubt I have anything new to add

Yeah, but I can’t imagine why they would make offsite + paid FP cheaper than staying on site. Seems like that would incentivize people to stay offsite and make things more difficult for onsite guests.

What I mean is that if there is a paid FP option, the paid FPs might only be available to onsite guests (like the current CL paid FPs), or onsite gets priority or a cheaper rate, or the rate for offsite guests is very high.

The way they operate, I just don’t see how/why they would make paid FPs a better deal for offsite guests.

It's possible - but (especially as a family of 5 we don't fit in a value) it is soooooo much cheaper to stay off site. We can stay for a week in a 2 bedroom condo for ~$1,000 ... Even if we add in $200-300 for paid FP we would still be way cheaper than what it would cost to stay on property

And it is finding that right price point. We are already staying off property in most cases so now they would be getting that extra $200-300 from us that they aren't currently

a few paid FPs, after hours events, Early Morning Magic and a much nicer room would be a better trip for my family, even if the price equals or goes slightly above staying onsite.

Yes and no. Early morning or after fireworks yes it’s packed but that’s not unexpected. You can’t really do anything about that.

The Skyliner has been a really nice addition IMO.

Transportation would be my main concern. While I love the Skyliner, it does NOT make Pop worth $200 a night. And I love Pop.

In truth we might be driving more in the future, or just renting a car. I really like having a car at WDW.

Transportation would be my main concern. While I love the Skyliner, it does NOT make Pop worth $200 a night. And I love Pop.

In truth we might be driving more in the future, or just renting a car. I really like having a car at WDW.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the busses. My husband would prefer to let Disney drive us, but that's because he's never experienced it. Standing in a long line for a shared resort bus at the end of the night, then being crowded on said bus with two kids, our bags, my aching back, waiting while *that* guest argues with the driver on why she has to fold up her stroller, and lots of noise... Not magical. I missed having our own car so much.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the busses. My husband would prefer to let Disney drive us, but that's because he's never experienced it. Standing in a long line for a shared resort bus at the end of the night, then being crowded on said bus with two kids, our bags, my aching back, waiting while *that* guest argues with the driver on why she has to fold up her stroller, and lots of noise... Not magical. I missed having our own car so much.

We waited an hour for a bus from AK on Thanksgiving night. The Pop line was overflowing and not a single bus came for an HOUR. Someone in line called and complained and one finally showed up. 4 buses for CBR came in that hour. It was infuriating.

We waited an hour for a bus from AK on Thanksgiving night. The Pop line was overflowing and not a single bus came for an HOUR. Someone in line called and complained and one finally showed up. 4 buses for CBR came in that hour. It was infuriating.
We stayed at POP in September and same thing - overflowing lines past the queues, but we noticed Coronado buses coming one after another.

It's possible - but (especially as a family of 5 we don't fit in a value) it is soooooo much cheaper to stay off site. We can stay for a week in a 2 bedroom condo for ~$1,000 ... Even if we add in $200-300 for paid FP we would still be way cheaper than what it would cost to stay on property

And it is finding that right price point. We are already staying off property in most cases so now they would be getting that extra $200-300 from us that they aren't currently
But if the passes a 50 a day PP that is 250 extra a day for your family. I doubt they will be less than that.

But if the passes a 50 a day PP that is 250 extra a day for your family. I doubt they will be less than that.

But we could pick and choose which ones to get - so right now we might only need it on 1 or two days for Slinky Dog and 7 DMT or something.

And yeah, if they are $50/FP/Person then that might be the point where it makes more sense to stay on property ... guess I was thinking more in the $20/FP

But we could pick and choose which ones to get - so right now we might only need it on 1 or two days for Slinky Dog and 7 DMT or something.

And yeah, if they are $50/FP/Person then that might be the point where it makes more sense to stay on property ... guess I was thinking more in the $20/FP
But Disney has zero incentive to make offsite more attractive than onsite and I think 20 will be too low for them to bother with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter