Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the change made it so you had to have the fastest fingers in the West? That it shows what fast pass is available first and whoever grabs it first gets it? So if you try to grab it, but someone else beat you to it, you get the "this time is no longer available"? Which makes sense, but apparently it's vastly different that before...

Can someone explain what's different in an easy to understand post? ;) We haven't used a refresh method before, so I don't understand the hullabaloo about this change.

I thought the change made it so you had to have the fastest fingers in the West? That it shows what fast pass is available first and whoever grabs it first gets it? So if you try to grab it, but someone else beat you to it, you get the "this time is no longer available"? Which makes sense, but apparently it's vastly different that before...

Can someone explain what's different in an easy to understand post? ;) We haven't used a refresh method before, so I don't understand the hullabaloo about this change.

Yes, you have it right. Used to, if you refreshed and it showed you a time, that meant a FP was actually available, you picked the time and confirmed. Now, if it shows a time, the FP may already be gone (due to it loading faster and someone grabbing it faster on their phone, or at least we think that is what is happening). Also, the modify feature appears to be glitchy (more glitchy than normal lol), and it locks up with no way to "back" out of it.

Yes, you have it right. Used to, if you refreshed and it showed you a time, that meant a FP was actually available, you picked the time and confirmed. Now, if it shows a time, the FP may already be gone (due to it loading faster and someone grabbing it faster on their phone, or at least we think that is what is happening). Also, the modify feature appears to be glitchy (more glitchy than normal lol), and it locks up with no way to "back" out of it.

Thanks! I see how that's annoying.

Although I just posted on the other thread, I really don't think people at home should be messing with this trying to grab fast passes while you aren't even at the parks! If it's this frustrating for those at home, imagine people actually in a park trying to grab a fast pass when someone not a park grabbed it for practice.

Just my opinion, not saying it's a horrible thing to do. :)

Thanks! I see how that's annoying.

Although I just posted on the other thread, I really don't think people at home should be messing with this trying to grab fast passes while you aren't even at the parks! If it's this frustrating for those at home, imagine people actually in a park trying to grab a fast pass when someone not a park grabbed it for practice.

Just my opinion, not saying it's a horrible thing to do. :)

Unfortunately it's impacting those of us trying to get or modify FP's within our 60 day window as well, meaning it's not just "same day" FP changes. I was working on modifying a FoP FP 60+ days out and when I tried it glitched there too. The good thing is it saved my modified version, but didn't show it when it happened, it "froze." So, it seems to be across the board, not just today's picks, if that makes sense, so everyone trying to book or modify from home even 60 + days out is getting the issue, it's just not as apparent. :worried:

And I responded to you in the main thread that the home testers are looking for all the “glitches” to report it.

Today it’s not just about the fastest fingers. In my test scenario, even though I selected 1pm for a FP today, it still gave me 8pm. Each time I tried to modify it to 1:15 (which was an option each time), it still tried to assign me a time hours later.

Unfortunately it's impacting those of us trying to get or modify FP's within our 60 day window as well, meaning it's not just "same day" FP changes. I was working on modifying a FoP FP 60+ days out and when I tried it glitched there too. The good thing is it saved my modified version, but didn't show it when it happened, it "froze." So, it seems to be across the board, not just today's picks, if that makes sense, so everyone trying to book or modify from home even 60 + days out is getting the issue, it's just not as apparent. :worried:

Totally get that and understand. :)

I was mainly speaking about people trying to grab fast passes for today at home for "practice" or to see if it works may be impacting people at the parks this moment trying to to do the same thing.

But I was just taken to task on the other thread for mentioning it, so I shall not speak of this again. :rotfl:

And I responded to you in the main thread that the home testers are looking for all the “glitches” to report it.

Today it’s not just about the fastest fingers. In my test scenario, even though I selected 1pm for a FP today, it still gave me 8pm. Each time I tried to modify it to 1:15 (which was an option each time), it still tried to assign me a time hours later.

Yes, I saw it.

I was mainly speaking about people trying to grab fast passes for today at home for "practice" or to see if it works may be impacting people at the parks this moment trying to to do the same thing.

But I was just taken to task on the other thread for mentioning it, so I shall not speak of this again. :rotfl:

:teeth: Frustrations are runnin' high! I think it's like Han Solo likes to say, "I've got a baaadd feeling about this!"

No one "took you to task." I think you're reading too much into it. It was a valid question.

I agree. We stayed Club Level in 2017 and were spoiled so much we did it again twice in 2018 and have 2 CL trips booked this year. On all 3 past trips I simply asked the consierge “can we get a few extra Fastpasses?” All 3 times they did without hesitation. 3 each for each day, good anytime just not good for a few headliners. They do have extra put aside.

Right, they could give everyone in the park a ton of FPs, but that just turns FP into standby. Giving a few hundred a day out here and there for each ride is already figured into their equations. It's a cheap fixer for them.

In the parks trying to pick up FP+ by constantly refreshing and this new "enhancement" is extremely annoying! I have also found that it will show the the FP+ as available numerous times, and then give you an error. IDK if its because multiple people are attempting to book it and then no one ends up getting it? For example, I found a TSM for 7-8pm tonight 4x within 90 seconds and the first 3x it wouldn't book, then the last time it confirmed it for me. I have no idea what is going on lol

In the parks trying to pick up FP+ by constantly refreshing and this new "enhancement" is extremely annoying! I have also found that it will show the the FP+ as available numerous times, and then give you an error. IDK if its because multiple people are attempting to book it and then no one ends up getting it? For example, I found a TSM for 7-8pm tonight 4x within 90 seconds and the first 3x it wouldn't book, then the last time it confirmed it for me. I have no idea what is going on lol
Yes this has been reported. I've had it happen to me. I called Disney IT to report it but the guy just told me since I'm at home and not at the park, the system knows that and won't offer me a FP. Ok, whatever:rolleyes:

Yes this has been reported. I've had it happen to me. I called Disney IT to report it but the guy just told me since I'm at home and not at the park, the system knows that and won't offer me a FP. Ok, whatever:rolleyes:

That would be an easy thing to confirm if someone can grab a lower tier ride. Many have said they are easier to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter