Paid parking is coming to WDW resorts March 2018

Will the new resort parking fees impact your travel (planned or future)?

• Not at all

Votes: 234 28.6%
  • I might consider staying off site

Votes: 245 30.0%
  • I will keep my currently booked trip, but will not stay on site after that

Votes: 161 19.7%
  • I will cancel my booked trip and stay off site instead

Votes: 37 4.5%
  • I will not be returning to Disney parks in the foreseeable future

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 61 7.5%

• Total voters
Just means that we'll likely not stay deluxe in the future, which for us means looking at off-site stays. :confused3
Do you really feel this would stick? I ask because this amounts to a 3.9% increase on deluxe rates at the lowest season -- smaller percent at high season (around 2% increase in higher room category, peak time). This would really prompt you not to stay at a deluxe?

Last edited:
Exactly....like the Waldorf Orlando for us!!! :)

Waldorf at Bonnet Creek is a very nice option (esp as HHonors Diamond). The only drawback (if you can call it that) is the scheduled buses, if you miss one typically you have to wait an hour for the next one, but since they're scheduled they are predictable. On the other hand, the motorcoach-style buses are a very nice alternative to the "city-style" buses that Disney runs.

• Guest Services: 407-939-5277
  • Disability Services: 407-560-2547 Disability.services@disneyparks.com
  • Dining Reservations: 407-939-3463 (407-WDW-DINE)
  • Cancel Dining Reservations: 407-939-2625 (407-WDW-CNCL)
  • Harmony Barber Shop: (407) 939-7529 (407-WDW-PLAY)
  • Tour Reservations: 407-939-8687 (407-WDW-TOUR)
  • Internet Tech Support: 407-939-7765, Option 2
  • My Disney Experience technical support 407-939-4357
  • Merchandise Guest Services team by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com
  • Disney Movies Anywhere tech support: (855) 347-3722
Disney Corporate Phone Number
(818) 560-1000

Robert Iger
robert.a.iger@disney.com

Bob Chapek
Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
Robert.Chapek@disney.com

Meg Crofton
President of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations in United States and France
818-560-7401
meg.crofton@disney.com

George Kalogridis
President of Walt Disney World
407-828-2600
george.kalogridis@disney.com

Jim MacPhee
Senior Vice President of Next Generation Experiences and Walt Disney World Parks
407-560-2960
james.d.macphee@disney.com

Postal Addresses-

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Robert A. Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Bob Chapek
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Karl L. Holz
President New Vacation Operations and Disney Cruise Line
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Mr. George Kalogridis
President, Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Shareholder Inquiries
Disney Shareholder Services
c/o Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions
P.O. Box 1342
Brentwood, NY 11717

Phone:1-855-553-4763
Fax: 1-215-553-5402
Email: disneyshareholder@broadridge.com

https://aboutdisneyparks.com/about/leadership-team

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

I do find it odd that they are charging guests of the resorts to park but not day visitors. If it is day visitors at places like BW that are clogging up the lots why not charge them for parking rather than actual resort guests?
Sadly, I don't think this is being implemented to unclog the parking lot.

As DVC since 2006, I don't get that thinking at all, personally. "Perks" shift over time, but on net, it is still a great deal for us. I don't feel 'squeezed out' in the least.

Same. And actually the ticket discounts and now no parking fees, are almost secondary to all the new DVC Resort options they keep adding.

CR/AK/GF/POLY and soon Riviera-not even on the radar as possible stays in the past. Wonderful new choices on dues.

I'd guess a fair amount of DVC owners go more than just their allotted points. I'd also guess most of those trips don't involve DVC Villas. As such, even a DVC member gets charged for on-site resort parking.

DVC members aren't immune unless they are only going on points (or shelling out huge bucks anyway).

Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

I believe all DVC hotels are Deluxe Villas. All the rooms are considered Villas, not just the 3-BDRM

Wondering how going to Universal is going to work for the folks threatening that. $20+/night parking fee at the on property Loews hotels at Universal + tickets to Universal are about the same cost as WDW. I feel like this argument is like saying you're going to take American Airlines because you're mad that United implemented baggage fees, when AA charges the same fees.

I do think this is a dumb move on Disney's part, because it's one of the things that set Disney resorts apart from other area resorts. It's like Southwest not charging baggage fees, or like Disney Cruises not charging for soda. The little things really can make a difference in guest happiness.

We're finally going to Universal for a single day this August from Disney after over 6 years not going. Why? Because its too expensive if you aren't staying at Universal for multiple days. Before you say it's the same as if you stayed at Universal for a week and then went over to Disney for a day - Disney does not charge for fastpass. The price of Universal's fastpass per day is pretty high. (It's going to cost my family of 4 about $1000 to do a day at Universal with express in August - this would be less than $800 for a Disney 1 day parkhopper). People angry enough about this may just book a whole week over at Universal and choose to do 1 day at Disney instead of the other way around.

Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

I believe all DVC hotels are Deluxe Villas. All the rooms are considered Villas, not just the 3-BDRM

Yes but some DVC members go and stay at a Value or Moderate resort. I think that's what the PP was referring to. For example, we are DVC and paying cash for a stay at All-Star Music in a couple weeks. If we drove then we'd pay the parking fee even as DVC members.

Do you really feel this would stick? I ask because this amounts to a 3.9% increase on deluxe rates at the lowest season -- smaller percent at high season. This would really prompt you not to stay at a deluxe?
Look, I get it - you're DVC and this change doesn't affect you and you're all for it. You've made that clear over the past few pages.

For me, yes, this may stick and this may be my breaking point.

Same. And actually the ticket discounts and now no parking fees, are almost secondary to all the new DVC Resort options they keep adding.

CR/AK/GF/POLY and soon Riviera-not even on the radar as possible stays in the past. Wonderful new choices on dues.

Agreed. There *are* a lot of perks with DVC now. I think the perceived loss is just some with DVC have been going for 20+ years and just see less value at Disney overall. I think most of Us DVC members are with you all in thinking this fee stinks, regardless if we pay it or not. :)

So you mean when a DVC member stays in a NON-DVC room category AND pays CASH? Got it. So like when I as a DVC member paid cash to stay 2 nights at Contemporary with my daughter for Christmas. This is the only time this has happened for our family in 22 trips over 12ish years.

Wonder how many DVC members have stays of that type, and more importantly, how many of them will now NOT book those trips? Appears that Disney isn't worried about that.

Right. I have no idea how many that would be, but DVC aren't immune entirely just because they are DVC.

I don't know. I'm just mad/sad/disappointed so I'm trying to get as many people on my side as possible.

Look, I get it - you're DVC and this change doesn't affect you and you're all for it. You've made that clear over the past few pages.

For me, yes, this may stick and this may be my breaking point.
"May" stick. OK.

And maybe read more carefully:

So staying at a value resort (ASM) for 7 nights at lowest rates I could find ($110-$134/night without tax), the $91 more to park ($13/night) is equivalent to an 11% increase in the cost of the resort stay. Not insignificant.

9% increase on Mod (CB) over equivalent period, and only a 4% increase at equivalent time at Deluxe (GF).

Obviously smaller as a % of total WDW trip which is most relevant, but I do think it's a shame that this is that regressive in nature.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/

Isn't it a good thing that they are making this charge less regressive, though?

It doesn't affect me AT ALL. We're DVC.

But I like that Disney is at least charging less to those in Value category, especially. For those to whom this additional marginal charge might most make a difference in their decision to vacation in WDW.

Yes, I think I remember reading back in 2011 that Disney negotiated free ME and who knows how long the negotiation in years were. They charge for a ride out to the Cruise ship, you can bet the next charge for ME is next.

I am not surprised by the Parking Resort fee's. There are not to many resorts in Orlando, where you do not pay to park. At my dh conference, it used to be that we had to use Valet to park our cars on top of parking fee's. They finally lifted the Valet and we can park our own vehicles. After 4 days, we paid $20 a day plus at least $20 in valet service, so at least we cut that expense in half.

I wonder what kind of system they are going to use. At the convention area that we stay at The Ritz we get a key card when we arrive. We keep that card to come and go and at the end of the stay we are charged per day. At Disney when we check in with our car, we get a piece of paper and we put it in the dash. When we went to other resorts, they checked our MagicBand and at the parks we would drive up and they looked at our piece of paper in the window and you were waved thru. I will admit I did go back to the parks after we checked out and I was never stopped to pay for more parking in the parks as long as I had that piece of paper in my window. I guess I could of been towed from the parks, but it never happened.

Last three stays all at AKL with a car. Didn’t receive any sort of paper for car. Showed photo Id and said checking in at hotel gate to get in. Used magic band for gate rest of time.

When I stayed at Cabana Bay, had a keycard for parking gate.

There is nothing to stop people from parking at Monorail or Epcot IG hotel for free by saying I am shopping, then going to the parks.

Yes but some DVC members go and stay at a Value or Moderate resort. I think that's what the PP was referring to. For example, we are DVC and paying cash for a stay at All-Star Music in a couple weeks. If we drove then we'd pay the parking fee even as DVC members.

True, but you could just rent points, stay at a DVC property and cost is about the same. Now with parking cost might even be better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter