• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paint the Night Dining Package – Sonoma Terrace Reception vs Wine Country Trattoria

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
Paint the Night Dining Package – Sonoma Terrace Reception vs Wine Country Trattoria
- I am not sure which one we should do? We prefer seats, so sonoma looks better but we want a real meal so Wine Country looks better. Thoughts?
- We will have a 2 year old, 3 grandparents and my husband and me.

We did the reception for PtN and the WCT for the WoC package (I know, not the same thing but kinda similar :tilt:) We enjoyed both. The dinner was nice - and since you will be having dinner at some point might as well have the package. The reception was actually pretty filling for us, what we did was have a little later lunch than we usually do and we did a TS down meal instead of a CS. It was my birthday so we splurged and went to Carthay around 1pm and when the reception rolled around we were not super hungry. It was nice having those seats and not having to get there super early, especially with grandparents (which we also had with us). We were right at the railing.

Personally I would do the reception over the meal. My thinking is - there are lots of places from where to watch the parade without too much of a wait. The dining package saves you a spot that is not too hard to find (unless it is a super busy/holiday time) even w/o the package. The reception gives you something more and saves you time. I just realized I have not downloaded the photos from our trip in May onto the computer :scared: Once I do I could post what we got at the reception and our view if you'd like.

we're doing Wine Terrace package- most of my fam don't eat meat/chicken so that made it easier. Plus I like the idea of sitting in a lovely restaurant for a couple of hours before the parade and literally cooling my heels after walking around all day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter