Paper Navigators?

Bonnie1222

DIS Veteran
Can you still get paper navigators? I want to disconnect from all digital devices and last few cruises when we used the app it would log out and not notify us of any plans.

You cannot. If you ask your room host, then he might be able to get you a crew navigator that lists all of the day's planned activities.

Can you still get paper navigators? I want to disconnect from all digital devices and last few cruises when we used the app it would log out and not notify us of any plans.
No, but if you bring a notepad, you can look at the app just once a day, jot things down, then lock it up. I agree, unplugging is the way to go on a cruise. The schedule is also on the TV, so you don't have to use your phone.

That stinks. Last cruise in 2019 they didn't hand them out but you could request them in your room or get one at guest services
No, but if you bring a notepad, you can look at the app just once a day, jot things down, then lock it up. I agree, unplugging is the way to go on a cruise. The schedule is also on the TV, so you don't have to use your phone.

On our last sailing on the Wish 10/14-10/17, you needed the app. All of a sudden activities would show up in the app that were not there before. So they clearly were adjusting on the fly and updating the app when they made adjustments.

My last 2 cruises were without paper navigators. The app is great in theory but it is not always right. At least they could have the correct information in there.

How modern-day travel should be. Yet I would rather kill trees so I can justify the cost of my cruise.
I don't want to be tied to a phone on a cruise - I want to completely disconnect but Disney is forcing me to keep my phone with me. And if my mother in law were to go she would be completely lost because she doesn't have a smart phone. I get it is a more modern approach - but no everyone has the ability to do it. or wants to do it.

Agree - would love to abandon my phone on a cruise.

There is a channel on the TV that scrolls the schedule. You could start each day by watching and jotting down what you want to do.

Then you need to figure out about the dinner menus.

Then you need to figure out about the dinner menus.
Dinner menu's don't worry me - this will be my 9th cruise on the fantasty and the menu has barely changed. Also if I get the head server I want I will most likely be eating whatever he brings out instead of ordering.

Are there no longer paper menus available in the dining rooms either? Or can you at least still get those?

The menus are back
Thanks! I'm happy to hear it. My husband and I were just talking about this today. I don't mind using the app for the Navigators, but I just hate the thought of sitting at a dinner table and we're all just on our phones. 🙄

I don't want to be tied to a phone on a cruise - I want to completely disconnect but Disney is forcing me to keep my phone with me. And if my mother in law were to go she would be completely lost because she doesn't have a smart phone. I get it is a more modern approach - but no everyone has the ability to do it. or wants to do it.
Tethered to a phone, tethered to a paper sheet - don't see any difference there. But your MIL's case is a genuine issue. Whether that warrants maintaining an energy-intensive printer with reams of paper fed into it every night, is a good question. Maybe the front desk can print one on demand?

Last edited:
Totally agree. I had to go get a new phone because my old one would not recognize the DCL app and we need it for the cruise. I just want to go on holiday not be attached to technology all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter