Park hours in August of 2001?????

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
We visited IOA/US in June, we had prepared ourselves for the 8 pm closing time before hand but when we arrived it was 7 not 8. I've looked at the predicted hours for August of this year, showing the parks closing at 10. I'm curious if they closed at 10 last August even with fewer tourists or did it remain open longer than in June? We are staying onsite but I was kinda curious if we could slap a mid day break in. When they close at 7 its almost immpossible for a midday break.

I have an old "Times and Information" from August and it looked like this:

Aug.1-11 9am-10pm (with shooting stars fireworks nightly at the Studios and Aventures to the Stars fireworks at IOA)
Aug.12-25 9am-8pm - no fireworks listed
Aug.26-31 9am-7pm - no fireworks listed

Hours were listed the same for both IOA and the Studios at that time.

Of course, who knows what will happen this summer...hopefully the vacationers will be out in full force!

Karen

We were there last August 14-18, the parks closed at 8 with no fireworks. I was upset at first hearing the hours, but it really worked out well. By staying on site you got on all the rides, we ate after parks closing, and the weather was hot so you could stay in the pool until 11 p.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter