Park shoe recommendation

I take well-broke-in pair of walking shoes (Kirkland, usually) PLUS I bring two alternate pairs (sandals & crocs) and never wear the same pair two days in a row.

I came back last week from 7 days at Disney and 3 at Universal Studios. I wore my bright red Crocs 7 of the 9 days. The two days I didn't wear them were IoA with a lot of dangling feet fast coaster rides that I was afraid to lose my shoes. We also did Wild Africa Trek a behind the scenes thing at AK and they said no open toe or back shoes.

My Apple Watch had me walking 68 miles over those days and 50 must have been in the Crocs. One day was over 11 miles!

My only issue is when they get wet on water rides, they can be slippery inside.

Being a baseball family, Boombah is a brand we buy lots of gear from. I purchased a pair of their knit training shoes for our trip this past February. They were great! Lightweight, breathable, and comfy. Price is right also at $50. They have them in both men's and women's styles. I brought another pair of Nike running shoes for our 4 day trip and ending up wearing the Boombah each day.
Thanks for this suggestion! That's my main complaint about sneakers--too heavy and hot (not breathable). For the price, I'm going to give these a try!

Shoes for Disney is an "issue" each time I go. I usually alternate two pair of Asics. Normally I live in Croc flip flops but at the parks my feet start to hurt walking all day. I just found a pair of red Disney Crocs my son has outgrown and I'm tempted to wear those, but non flip flop Crocs make my size 10 feet look like Minnie Mouse feet. The Disney crocs really look huge.

KC

Speaking of TJ Maxx, I was in Marshalls the other day and these sandals caught my eye. The pair at Marshalls must have been last year's model, slightly different name and the black leather is smooth and not shiny. Super comfy foot bed. $20!

Birkenstocks don't work for my feet either, I've tried. I have flat feet, I think that's the issue.
I like a cool chunky slide too, and I just order 2 pairs of Merrell sandals to try out. Both are black one, two. I'm hoping I only like one of them...

http://www.crocs.com/p/womens-crocs-isabella-sandal/202465.html?cgid=women-footwear&cid=6N6#start=1
http://www.fitflop.com/en/womens/work-to-weekend/bon-leather-back-strap-sandals|-fitflop-official-online-store/190035320829.html
http://www.birkenstock.com/us/arizona-taupe-suede/0051461-0051463-0000000.html#start=28

I alternate between crocs (for wet ride park AK), fit flop sandals and my 10 y/o birkenstock arizona to the parks. I need well arched, great cushion to last me a day and I usually have my apple watch on so I know that I'm walking 8~12 miles each day. I just hate to wear sneakers on hotter days as cannot stand when my fit get sweaty and hot. However, I do take sneakers just incase.

I have feet problems and my Go Walks are wearing down (wore them for last Disney trip 2.5 years ago...). Now an having issues with my little toe again and even new Go Walks (3 or 4) aren't as comfortable.

So then I started looking at open toed shoes. The lady suggested birkenstock, but I wonder
  1. How do they do in the heat?
  2. Can you stay in them for long periods of time? They seem harder underneath so not sure if they would get uncomfortable?

I just happened to go on about a 2 mile walk in some shoes I would probably take to the park, and they are amazing! These sandals are like pillows. People ask for recommendations all the time on park shoes. No one ever posts when they find a great park shoe and these really did it for me, and were also, very reasonably priced:

http://www.zappos.com/p/sam-edelman..._content=nan&nan_pid=1859324073&ad_id=2576501

Ya'll got any new shoes that you're excited about for summer weather?

Those are so cute! I wish I could wear sandals in the parks. Unfortunately I have to wear an ugly ankle brace (which honestly doesn't look great with tennis shoes eithe) and I have to have supportive shoes. After I went Last time to wdw I started having issues with my feet. (An extra bone or something came loose :sad2: of course this would happen to me) My doctor recommended vionic shoes but they are so darn expensive and I haven't been able to find a store that carries them so I can try them on. I hate ordering things and guessing sizes.
I'm worried about my next trip and what shoes to wear :furious:

I have feet problems and my Go Walks are wearing down (wore them for last Disney trip 2.5 years ago...). Now an having issues with my little toe again and even new Go Walks (3 or 4) aren't as comfortable.
So then I started looking at open toed shoes. The lady suggested birkenstock, but I wonder
  1. How do they do in the heat?
  2. Can you stay in them for long periods of time? They seem harder underneath so not sure if they would get uncomfortable?
They seem hard but you need to break them. You should wear them a few hours a day for at least for a week if not longer before you wear them all day at Disney. Cork footbed will mold to your feet. I've worn my birkenstocks during July/Aug/Sep as well as somewhat cooler weather like Nov/March. They do fine in the heat. Only tricky park is that you shouldn't get them wet since they are made of suede/leather. I've seen plenty of people wearing Birkenstocks.

Bumping for more input.

Looking at the Keen Newport H2. Has anyone worn these with thin little socks?

The Chaco sandal Z1 classic seemed a little hard on the footbed, but I like the idea of minimal straps.

Ecco sandals are the most comfortable sandal I've ever owned. They are really well designed. Certain styles are more comfy and cute than others. Pricey, but well worth it, IMO, and I have often found them on sale.

This is the style I've worn most, because it's SO comfy and stylish. It feels like walking on clouds:

http://us.shop.ecco.com/damara-strap-sandal-248153.html?dwvar_248153_color=54893#cgid=women-sandals

This one is great with dresses:

http://us.shop.ecco.com/touch-ankle-sandal-266033.html?dwvar_266033_color=57745#cgid=women-sandals

They have other great styles as well. I probably will never wear any other brand of sandal.

If you really must have more arch support, though, check out Taos sandals. They make some cuter styles.

This is such a great thread!!
I spent last 4-5 days online and in stores looking for something I would wear when in WDW.
We are leaving on the 20th, and I still have not decided :s
Have no clue what to bring for kids too. My Son hates sandals, and it will be so hot that his feet would just boil in his sneakers. For kids I always go with Geox. They are pricey but extremely good quality and comfortable.
Myself....most of my shoes are high heels, which are out in this case. I don't want to spend lots of $ now, so I will definitely explore few options that I have seen on this thread here. Thanks!

I just got some Sketcher lace up shoe. Usually I don't do well with Sketchers they hurt my feet, but the pair I got are great, ago run or go walk type. I also wear flip flops, I like Sanuk but hate them if it rains! Which has happened before at Disney, stuck in a downpour and the Sanuk were so soggy and squeezed water out for a long time. I have some cheap Champion flip flops I like better but they're getting old.

I just got some Sketcher lace up shoe. Usually I don't do well with Sketchers they hurt my feet, but the pair I got are great, ago run or go walk type. I also wear flip flops, I like Sanuk but hate them if it rains! Which has happened before at Disney, stuck in a downpour and the Sanuk were so soggy and squeezed water out for a long time. I have some cheap Champion flip flops I like better but they're getting old.

I haven't encountered rain yet (lucky!), but I'm realizing now, your point about the soggy cushioning is a good thing to think about when considering footwear for WDW.

I wear Teva Mush flip flops almost exclusively at the parks. I have flat feet, so any kind of shoe with strong arch support (Chacos and Vionic, I'm looking at you) are super uncomfortable. Tennis shoes in hot weather make my feel break out in itchy hives, so those are out, too.

I go all day every day for a week in my Teva Mush flip flops, though, with no troubles!

Years ago, I had some athletic Nike sandals that just felt amazing. They lasted me for YEARS and worked like a charm at Disney. But I haven't been able to find a pair that are as comfortable since. I also had a pair of Xrider sandals that I bought in Spain 3 years ago. Again, super comfy, but they broke just a few months ago. I checked the Xrider site and they don't have the ones I had. Sad.

See, now I've been a fan of Croc sandals for years at the parks, but NOT when it's raining - they turn into death shoes! I've had my feet slip out from under me in Crocs on wet surfaces, and it's not pretty. YMMV.

I'm thinking of trying Tevas - I do like sandals or at least openweave shoes in the heat.

KC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter