Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on how they made them. Do you want to post a screenshot of the FP details?

Currently, if MDE thinks you should not be able to make FPs for a particular day, it will not let you modify them until your eligibility changes. For you, that would mean until you use your next day of booked FPs.

Are you getting nightly warning emails about the FPs that the CM setup?

Depending on how they set it up, the biggest concern I would have, is when you use your pre-booked FPs on day-1, will the system let you book a 4th for that day? (given that you have more days of FP than MDE thinks you should have). I'm not sure what would happen.

the nightly warning is for one day that I made. I keep getting it, but I'm under 7. No idea.

The fp the CMs made have the
What’s This?
Please enjoy an extra FastPass+ experience!
Experience, date and number of Guests can’t be changed.

So I have a day this Saturday that is a pre booked. I am still able to make fp on that day because the ones that the CM made "do not count" in my 3 AND I have only 6 days of FP booked. I think as long as I keep day 7 open, I am able to book.

Thanks...since we upgraded to AP and do short stays we decided to celebrate our anniversary (21 years) and birthdays with Disney this year hence the swank accommodations which makes me even more irritated with the cloud hanging over it.

When I talked to one of the CMs (as indicated I have spoken to MANY) I argued that I am only trying to hold TEN DAYS at one time! We are not in a position with our schedules etc to go for two weeks straight but if we did we could hold 14. Doesn’t seem to make a bit of sense to me.

I completely get you! We are also 21 years of marriage and everybody get a disney birthday this year (save Grumpy DH who is not a disney fan), but our big thing was only owning one house now after many, many years of two homes (military moving). I want to really enjoy this year of disney and I'm happy to "play by the rules", but they keep changing!

What’s This?

So I have a day this Saturday that is a pre booked. I am still able to make fp on that day because the ones that the CM made "do not count" in my 3 AND I have only 6 days of FP booked. I think as long as I keep day 7 open, I am able to book.

Cool, they gave you extra experience FPs. Those should not cause you any trouble in the parks with "4th" FPs, etc.

Any idea why my two May DS stays are no longer highlghted in the FP selection calendar, but remain on MDE (along with the FP for the one stay)?

So does anyone have a problem booking >7 days of FP (even over split stays) that is on-site, but doesn't have one of the following:

(1) Non-disney hotels (e.g., Disney Springs hotels)

(2) Club level FPs

?

All the problems posted here, I believe, are related to one of those two above. Or am I wrong?

FWIW all our stays are DEFINITELY considered on site as we have BWI, WL, AKL, and YC booked. No DS, no SOG, no off site stays at all. Our stays are short stays mostly over long weekends with two being back to back.
Same here. I have POR, YC, BWI and AKL. No CLFP, no Disney Springs. One week trip in March/April, one weekend in May (and a weekend in July, but I’ll worry about that one later).

the nightly warning is for one day that I made. I keep getting it, but I'm under 7. No idea.

What’s This?

I received a FP each day like that from the awesome CM. But, honestly, I would prefer to be able to book my own and be able to modify them. What was left is pretty late in the day and I would need to be able to do FPs earlier.
So does anyone have a problem booking >7 days of FP (even over split stays) that is on-site, but doesn't have one of the following:

(1) Non-disney hotels (e.g., Disney Springs hotels)

(2) Club level FPs

?

All the problems posted here, I believe, are related to one of those two above. Or am I wrong?
I am having problems and so is @Mzpalmtree. I don’t have non-Disney hotels nor CLFP.

If you can see the FP window open, but it won't let you book FP (due to a limit or ticket issue), FP planning keys will solve that problem. But... your FP window not opening, sounds like an MDE glitch of some sort.
I’ll sit tight and see if the situation improves when we use our FPs next week.

And THANKS to all the wonderful DISers trying to help and sharing their experiences!

Mine, the window won’t even open. I had already done online check-in, but may fiddle with it and magic bands and see if that helps.

You could try to force the window open with a leading & overlapping reservation (that you toss once you make the FPs). Good luck!

Is anybody having issues who only has one resort reservation? We have as stay in April that will end the day before our booking window should open up for a 14 day stay in June. We are going to be rather annoyed if we can't get the full 14 days of FPs.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info on this thread. Very frustrating for sure... We have a trip coming up June/July for 22 nights and we have AP's. I see a few different things on this thread so I just want to confirm will we only be able to book 14 days worth of fastpasses (under the best circumstances) or can you book length of stay with an AP (i.e., 23 days)... Thanks again everyone, Greg

Thanks for all the info on this thread. Very frustrating for sure... We have a trip coming up June/July for 22 nights and we have AP's. I see a few different things on this thread so I just want to confirm will we only be able to book 14 days worth of fastpasses (under the best circumstances) or can you book length of stay with an AP (i.e., 23 days)... Thanks again everyone, Greg
It is 14 days at most. This would be the limit for AP or regular tickets I believe.

Is anybody having issues who only has one resort reservation? We have as stay in April that will end the day before our booking window should open up for a 14 day stay in June. We are going to be rather annoyed if we can't get the full 14 days of FPs.

Unless you have CLFP or are staying in a Disney Springs (even the 60-day ones) hotel, you should be fine.

Unless you have CLFP or are staying in a Disney Springs (even the 60-day ones) hotel, you should be fine.
Thanks anomamatt. We are staying at Pop. I figure we will probably have issues booking for a weeklong stay in August at CBR because that booking window opens before our June stay starts, but will hope for the best.

Last edited:
Those of us that have issues have multiple resort stays. With a continued stay, I have 9 days of FPs. I think you will be just fine with one resort reservation.

It is 14 days at most. This would be the limit for AP or regular tickets I believe.

Just checking the website I see this: Passholders with reservations at a Disney Resort hotel can start making FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay. (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en-eu/faq/passholders/fast-pass-plus-advance-reservations/)

Would be nice if they were a little more clear about this... The word "entire" makes it sound like you should be able to get them for the full length of stay even if that is beyond 14 days... I am going to e-mail them... Thanks again for the info, Greg

Just checking the website I see this: Passholders with reservations at a Disney Resort hotel can start making FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay. (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en-eu/faq/passholders/fast-pass-plus-advance-reservations/)

Would be nice if they were a little more clear about this... The word "entire" makes it sound like you should be able to get them for the full length of stay even if that is beyond 14 days... I am going to e-mail them... Thanks again for the info, Greg
Yep, there is (or was) another FAQ on the Disney site that I can't find now that specifically says up to 14 days. They contradict each other.

We have a split stay coming up and the first couple of days are at a DS resort, but there are no breaks in the stays. We can only book 7 FP days, we're planning on 9 park days. So 2 of our days I'll have to book as we use one.

We have a split stay coming up and the first couple of days are at a DS resort, but there are no breaks in the stays. We can only book 7 FP days, we're planning on 9 park days. So 2 of our days I'll have to book as we use one.

Right, DS resorts have the 7-day limit regardless of being split or not.

When you hear back, let us know. I'm really curious about this, Greg. I don't go for anywhere near this long, but I want to see how they handle the wording.

I was told by IT that 14 days was the max because "that's what we do for our guests from the UK that come over for 2-3 weeks. They just have to make new ones when they use up the old."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter