Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forming a support group....

This is crazy. I've learned to keep day 7 as my spur of the moment/ability to even make FP on reserve. I currently sit at 9 FP (3 IT made), with 7 other days that would be eligible for fp.

I fall into the twilight zone of DS combination hotels...which frustrates me because make up your mind! Is it really a disney hotel or not? And I have two stays at two different DS hotels that don't show up in my FP selection calendar...haven't for a couple of weeks. Luckily, one stay already has FP made (part of my 6) before it disappeared.

Disney's emailed response is telling me 14 days is the max number of fast pass days you can hold regardless of length of stay. I don't believe this is the case but I guess I will just have to wait until May to find out how the system will work for us...

I have always found 14 days to be the limit. (For the past 3-4 years, at least).

I tried to explain that I can’t even modify my current May FP, but they just offered to modify them for me (seemingly using those non modifiable ones instead). I thanked them and turned down the offer since I want to be able to modify day-of.

You absolutely want the 'extra experience' FPs. They won't block you from booking others once things clear up... you will end up with extra, non-blocking FPs.

You absolutely want the 'extra experience' FPs. They won't block you from booking others once things clear up... you will end up with extra, non-blocking FPs.

It wasn’t an extra experience FP...it was more like the kind that the club level ones are, specific attraction at a specific time, non-modifiable. I’d have been thrilled to be offered the other kind.

It wasn’t an extra experience FP...it was more like the kind that the club level ones are, specific attraction at a specific time, non-modifiable. I’d have been thrilled to be offered the other kind.

Other people reported they got specific 'extra experience' FPs. For a particular attraction at a specific time. Cannot be modified. But they don't 'block' other FPs from being made, so you can get double FP with those.

I have always found 14 days to be the limit. (For the past 3-4 years, at least).

Thanks for that note. Have you ever had a continuous stay go beyond 14 days and still only be able to book for 14 of those days? I feel like last year we had 16 days worth of fast passes on a 15 night stay with our AP's... I have also read others' comments elsewhere that they have been able to get more. I feel like maybe that was with people from Europe with 21 day tickets or something like that. Maybe that is a special case or something. I will report back in May re our experience. Thanks again for the info though. Greg

Thanks for that note. Have you ever had a continuous stay go beyond 14 days and still only be able to book for 14 of those days? I feel like last year we had 16 days worth of fast passes on a 15 night stay with our AP's... I have also read others' comments elsewhere that they have been able to get more. I feel like maybe that was with people from Europe with 21 day tickets or something like that. Maybe that is a special case or something. I will report back in May re our experience. Thanks again for the info though. Greg
Hi Greg - The FP FAQ ADDENDUM has the info on booking FPs for extra long stays.

Confirmed by UK residents and an AP who had a 7-week stay in a Value Resort.

This week, tried to modify one of the May FP. Error message. Cannot complete the FP booking at this time, try again later. Figured it was a normal IT glitch. Tried for a couple days with the same result. Out of curiosity, tried to add FP to our checkin day to see if the system worked. May is now unavailable completely. Can’t see it at all, the calendar ends in April.
This is at least 3 people now who have been hit with the inability to advance to May. What is the last "not-greyed" out day that you currently see on your calendar?

This is at least 3 people now who have been hit with the inability to advance to May. What is the last "not-greyed" out day that you currently see on your calendar?
April 27 is the last date. 30 days from now.

Other people reported they got specific 'extra experience' FPs. For a particular attraction at a specific time. Cannot be modified. But they don't 'block' other FPs from being made, so you can get double FP with those.
If my window ever opens, I’ll check to see if I can make other FPs at that time, but the CM on the phone said they can’t overlap with other Fastpasses. They are not “anytime.” They are like the CLFPs.

@bookbabe626 - Welcome to the (sad) club. Your info about the calendar being shut down confirmed my suspicions that something had changed.

I need to write a good email(polite but firm). I’m getting ready for my March trip, so it may have to wait until after. I encourage everyone to do the same.

April 27 is the last date. 30 days from now.
Last Question (for now). Are you a Florida resident AP holder or out of state? Trying to find things in common with those who can't see past April right now. I'm getting a bit worried about our 2 week stay in June in terms of being about to do the full 14 days of FP.

I'm getting a bit worried about our 2 week stay in June in terms of being about to do the full 14 days of FP.

As long as your window opens, you'll be able to book 14 days of FP (provided no DS hotel and no CLFP). @vinotinto has a much worse thing going on -- not having the window open at all (and potentially missing out on top tier FPs).

My guess is that the window can be 'forced' open using throwaway reservations.

As long as your window opens, you'll be able to book 14 days of FP (provided no DS hotel and no CLFP). @vinotinto has a much worse thing going on -- not having the window open at all (and potentially missing out on top tier FPs).

My guess is that the window can be 'forced' open using throwaway reservations.

Nope, just 14 straight days at Pop. Window should open the day after we check out of Pop in April. If I can't see May then I may try a 2 day reservation that spans May 31-June 1 to force June open.

Wondering if anybody in this thread has a May stay they are able to get into or not.

Last Question (for now). Are you a Florida resident AP holder or out of state? Trying to find things in common with those who can't see past April right now. I'm getting a bit worried about our 2 week stay in June in terms of being about to do the full 14 days of FP.
I’m out of state and have a platinum pass with no blockout dates.

That's what I got too. Did the CM have any idea why your FP window had not opened? And you only had 4 days of FPs prior to this May trip?

The CM did not offer an explanation. I didn’t ask directly though, just described my problem.

Yes, I only had 4 days of FP booked.

And, to add to the crazy, my FP window is now open:
Today - 4/12
and
4/27

No other days before or after. Just that one lonely day on 4/27.

The CM did not offer an explanation. I didn’t ask directly though, just described my problem.

Yes, I only had 4 days of FP booked.

And, to add to the crazy, my FP window is now open:
Today - 4/12
and
4/27

No other days before or after. Just that one lonely day on 4/27.
April 13-26 would coincide with Gold Level AP blockout dates.

I’m out of state and have a platinum pass with no blockout dates.

For those collecting stats...

Canadian, with Platinum Plus pass, just renewed since our current ones expire a few days after our May trip.

Last date not greyed out in calendar is also April 27, even though I have FPs already booked for that onsite stay in May (on March 18, and for a couple of days after that, my calendar showed May with dates greyed out except for the trip dates).

So it is sounding like perhaps an update in the last week or so has messed up AP stayers ability to get to beyond 30 days in the calendar, regardless of if they have a stay or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter