Pay for priority for room locations?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Can DVC start a paid rewards program that would give priority for room locations to those who have paid for the rewards?

this was a rumor started by the board's sponsor. no one knows it's veracity. Can Disney do it? I suppose they can. But will they do it? I'm guessing not.

I mean the point charts already do that?
yes and no. I think we all know that certain rooms in the same category are better than others in terms of views and even room layouts. Some resorts like CCV and VGC don't even have categories altogether but all the rooms cost the same amount of points. Those rooms at VGC overlooking DCA are the same points as ground floor rooms overlooking nothing so there is room here for some kind of paid benefits system. But I think it would cause more headache than good and I don't think Disney will do it IMO.

I mean the point charts already do that?
Maybe at some resorts? But like at SSR, I got my room request in a building that was closer to the check in building than some areas of the Springs. That would probably no longer be a good chance with such a program.

But I also see Disney possibly doing this with regular hotel rooms too if they went with it.

I find this topic of great interest because I always put in a room request even though sometimes I have gotten them and sometimes I haven't.

Honestly I'm not a fan of this concept at all and I think it would be a dangerous offering for Disney to consider. Offering to charge for a preferred room opens up a can of worms. One room to me might be preferred where another owner might find it a horrible spot. Then you have the notion of guest satisfaction if the primary requests cannot be made. I think these "requests" are best suited in the booking category and leave it alone from there, but that's just my opinion.

But I also see Disney possibly doing this with regular hotel rooms too if they went with it.
They already do this with the view categories, club level, named suites in the cash rooms.

Even the buildings, like the Little Mermaid building vs the Cars building at AoA.

Maybe at some resorts? But like at SSR, I got my room request in a building that was closer to the check in building than some areas of the Springs. That would probably no longer be a good chance with such a program.

managing and making room assignments for hotel staff is not an easy endeavor. Adding this kind of amenity for DVC members would create a huge headache for the staff. If they rolled out such a program, they would probably still need to caveat it by saying that room assignments are not guaranteed. And if they're not guaranteed, then what would be the point of paying extra for such a service? this whole rumor is DOA IMO.

They already do this with the view categories, club level, named suites in the cash rooms.

Even the buildings, like the Little Mermaid building vs the Cars building at AoA.
Well I guess I am referring to standard room locations. That building at SSR I did get should have been preferred over the very last Springs building.

managing and making room assignments for hotel staff is not an easy endeavor. Adding this kind of amenity for DVC members would create a huge headache for the staff. If they rolled out such a program, they would probably still need to caveat it by saying that room assignments are not guaranteed. And if they're not guaranteed, then what would be the point of paying extra for such a service? this whole rumor is DOA IMO.
Hopefully so. But I just wonder?

Agree! It's not like they will kick out the guests staying in the room requested.

Yeah - this would just be one more free benefit going away

Can DVC start a paid rewards program that would give priority for room locations to those who have paid for the rewards?
Well, given that Disney now charges for LL for the chance to maybe get to skip the line at some unpredictable time for who knows what ride or even how many rides, I can see them trying to monetize a non guaranteed ‘priority’ for room locations w/ cash & DVC.
The key being ‘priority’ v. guarantee which means what? We’ll try harder to meet your requests, but if some guest who didn’t pay for priority but checked in before you & complained loudly enough that we gave them your room to shut them up so sorry - no guarantee, or sorry, we’re 100% booked & even though you paid $XXXX for priority our operational jig saw room assignments can only fit you into that villa w/ the dumpster view next to the elevator - priority d/n equal a guarantee.
I suspect if they went this route & actually treated some deeded points better than others apart from the current system of how many points it takes for different view categories they’d have a legal battle on their hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter