Paycut Rumours swirling.

Pay cuts suck. I’m in the process of looking for new employment. The jobs I’m seeing have salaries nearly 40% less than what I currently make. Not the same thing but it’s going to be tough for awhile.

I was never cut out to work for someone else, especially reading many threads here. It's much harder being an employer, way harder. But I just couldn't rely on being employed by another. I would rather rely on my self. There is a certain rush about it.

Looking elsewhere isn't always all it is cracked up to be. DH has done that more than once, usually chasing better/more affordable (or just plain ANY) benefits, and it inevitably seems to come back to bite us. Either he ends up laid off as the low man on the seniority totem or the new company cuts the benefits so drastically that the move ends up being a wash. If a whole industry is shifting its compensation standards, changing jobs isn't likely to save you.

I'm already paid below market, so for me it would probably be a deal-breaker. But if the new wage was at/above market, I'd be inclined to wait it out and see what moves other employers make before chasing greener grass elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter