Paying During Trip

DisPhanatic

Mouseketeer
Good morning,

My trip is in a few weeks and I am curious about payment options. My son and I are travelling together and will have magic bands. We are staying at CBR for 5 nights. I have a Disney Visa rewards card and also two Disney gift cards. I would like to pay for some of our meals and souvenirs this way. However, I have a regular credit card on our room and I know that Disney is pushing contactless payment.

What are your tips for using the rewards card? Can I just use this card for a few sit down meals? Will this be acceptable?

For the gift cards, are these able to be used for purchases at stores in the parks? I think Disney Springs will depend on the store, right?

Thanks for the advice! We are so excited for our trip - we had to cancel twice in 2020 because of Covid restrictions. Fingers crossed!

DisPhanatic

The easiest may be to use the Rewards Card or gift cards at the time of purchase (restaurants or shops). Alternatively, stop by the resort front desk each evening to apply those towards your balance.

Will we be able to use Disney gift cards at all restaurants/shops in Disney Springs?

i have used Disney Gift Cards at restaurants in Disney Springs.

Multiple websites mention specifically that all stores in DS accept gift cards and Rewards Cards.

They are really trying to get rid of handling cash. During Food & Wine last Fall, I used gift cards exclusively and had many food booths that were not set up with card readers that could handle gift cards. At those locations, I had to hand my card to the CM to swipe. Not exactly contactless, but it wasn’t the much-handled fiber of cash. Six weeks later, it seemed more booths could process the card.

I’m fairly certain you’ll be coming home with $0 balances on your Rewards and Gift Cards.

Have a great trip.

There is a point in Mobile Ordering where you can add your Disney Rewards Card or gift cards as payment. My understanding is that you have to enter the number every time. We plan on doing this for our upcoming trip.

Attachments

• D0C70CC1-DA07-475D-8A54-EC1248729E98.jpeg
    D0C70CC1-DA07-475D-8A54-EC1248729E98.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 22

There is a point in Mobile Ordering where you can add your Disney Rewards Card or gift cards as payment. My understanding is that you have to enter the number every time. We plan on doing this for our upcoming trip.

It is correct that the system does not save the number for either gift cards or rewards cards.

I saved the gift card number as a note on my phone, and used copy/paste for each mobile order. Worked like a charm.

Alternatively, you could pay your hotel ahead of time with your Rewards card and (I think) the gift cards. Then you could just use your Magic Bands for food and other purchases, and let that go to your card on file for the room. That seems like the least-touch way, and you’d be sure you used it.

Alternatively, you could pay your hotel ahead of time with your Rewards card and (I think) the gift cards. Then you could just use your Magic Bands for food and other purchases, and let that go to your card on file for the room. That seems like the least-touch way, and you’d be sure you used it.
Hotels won't accept funds up front; you'll need to charge to your room with your magic band and then pay off the room charges at the front desk periodically throughout your stay.

They are really trying to get rid of handling cash.

Have a great trip.
Yes, WDW is encouraging cashless payment but I have been advised by a WDW staffer that they do, indeed, accept cash, at least for food purchases.

Hotels won't accept funds up front; you'll need to charge to your room with your magic band and then pay off the room charges at the front desk periodically throughout your stay.
No, I’m saying use it to pay FOR the room ahead of time. That way you don’t forget to use it or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter