PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Just did a small Shoppers run. I had a $30/8,000 offer. Picked up paper towels (Bounty, always Bounty), TP, Milk, Delight, big can of PC coffee and a couple of bags of candy. $32 pre-tax.

These were all things I would have bought on the weekend, but I didn't have an offer at that time. PC points are back over 100,000 now.
I had the same offer. I wasn’t going to use it but I went out for a drive today and I passed a Shoppers that had maybe 7 cars out front. So I stopped in and got a few of the grocery items I would be buying this week anyhow. I figured it will make my main shopping trip a little faster.

BTW....I’m still semi dealing with the PC Opt problem. My account is up and running but I still have no response on the points that I am due from my shopping while the account was on freeze. I don’t recall if I relayed the whole ugly story about the last phone call....if I didn’t and anyone wants to hear it let me know. Anyway, I’ve left voice mails, emails and even a FB message. Still no one has responded. My next level of escalation is posting it on the public part of their FB page.

I had a 20x the points with a 50.00 purchase offer for yesterday. The ds has come down with a cold :sad2: (and it doesn't fir any symptoms for the virus ) so off to Shoppers I went o pick up some cold meds. I also needed some moisturizer, so it was easy to hit that total last night. got 21,000 points last night.

Especially since I thought I had locked all the cards...and dh comes home from going out for a run of supplies on Sunday and says he spent 140.00 worth of my points :eek: :scared1: So I'll have to dig in and see how I can lock his card :rolleyes1 so he STOPS SPENDING my DISNEY/UNIVERSAL money lol OH well...I'll quietly transfer that amount over to my fun fund after we pay bills this weekend ;)

Don't usually post here, but wanted to give a heads up that our local Loblaws has just opened up a bunch more Express timeslots for the coming weeks - I assume they are adding staff for the increasing demand. We were able to move our next order up by several days to a Monday (6th) pickup. Also note that they have changed the ordering deadline. Instead of closing the order at midnight the night of, the update order window now closes 2-days prior to the order pickup.

In light of the current situation, we have a couple of orders setup in advance so we can restock weekly. Also note that order surcharges are being waved for the duration, so you are getting the same groceries, same points, same deals as you would in store.

Don't usually post here, but wanted to give a heads up that our local Loblaws has just opened up a bunch more Express timeslots for the coming weeks - I assume they are adding staff for the increasing demand. We were able to move our next order up by several days to a Monday (6th) pickup. Also note that they have changed the ordering deadline. Instead of closing the order at midnight the night of, the update order window now closes 2-days prior to the order pickup.

In light of the current situation, we have a couple of orders setup in advance so we can restock weekly. Also note that order surcharges are being waved for the duration, so you are getting the same groceries, same points, same deals as you would in store.
I just checked with our superstore. We are still looking at over 2 weeks out yet :( Many people are using them ( which is great ) but the dh and I have had luck going early on Sunday mornings to get what we have needed. Our city has a high population of people under 40, many with young families, so they are not going out much.
We are both luckily enough still working, so our only time to head out shopping is over the weekend. So we get up early and hit the stores and try to be home by 10:30 - 11:00 at the latest. That's when people finally start to come out to shop. So far, it has been working for us. I'll leave the express for those who can't or shouldn't be going out in the public.

I'm glad that more availability has come to your area. That is great news - that means people are still applying and they are hiring more people.

For those who are interested, each day a new pick-up day opens at midnight. I believe it's 2 weeks away so my understanding is that at midnight tonight, pickup spots will open for Wed, Apr 15th.

I just found out that one of my favourite local grocery stores has started accepting orders for pickup or delivery.

I'm not going to get any points, but I'm supporting local business and getting ingredients I can't find at my normal Safeway/Superstore.

I put an order together over the phone just now, and I'm picking it up tomorrow.

If you shop at local stores in your area, it can't hurt to ask if they have pickup/delivery options now too!

I just checked with our superstore. We are still looking at over 2 weeks out yet :( Many people are using them ( which is great ) but the dh and I have had luck going early on Sunday mornings to get what we have needed. Our city has a high population of people under 40, many with young families, so they are not going out much.
We are both luckily enough still working, so our only time to head out shopping is over the weekend. So we get up early and hit the stores and try to be home by 10:30 - 11:00 at the latest. That's when people finally start to come out to shop. So far, it has been working for us. I'll leave the express for those who can't or shouldn't be going out in the public.

I'm glad that more availability has come to your area. That is great news - that means people are still applying and they are hiring more people.
My mom decided to go to Fortino's this past Sunday morning. She really wanted to go (she hadn't been out of the house in more that 2 weeks) and when she mentioned it to me I said if you really feel that you want to go now would be the time, before things get any worse. Anyway, she kept thinking about it for a few days and then decided to go on Sunday. She went right at 7am when they start seniors hour and she said there may have been 6 people in the store. It was also raining rather heavily so that may have kept people home. When she told me about it later she said she wouldn't be going again.....it was really scary.

I stretched my weekly shopping this week from my normal 7 days to 10 days. So I'm going to try and get close to 14 days for my next one. I might try Sunday morning right at opening. Now if only I could get out of having to go to Costco next week.

Last edited:
No longer going to Provigo (Loblaws) because it's too far from my house. I prefer to shop as close as possible so I go to IGA (Sobey's) instead. With so many cases in Montreal (1/4 of the cases in Canada), it is recommended to stay local and not visit to other neighbourhoods/cities. Today I did go to Shoppers since I needed vitamin D3 for my oldest and I had a 20X offer. Also bought first aid items with my kids getting more scratches and bumps in the last 2 weeks then in the whole year last year!! :crazy2:

I finally found a time slot for Zehrs and my pick up day is April 11th. I have a question ... if I put an item on my order and it’s on sale today, will I still get it for sale price when I pick up my order ? It’s 11 days away and it will be a new flyer then .

I finally found a time slot for Zehrs and my pick up day is April 11th. I have a question ... if I put an item on my order and it’s on sale today, will I still get it for sale price when I pick up my order ? It’s 11 days away and it will be a new flyer then .
I’ve wondered the same thing although I’m guessing it’s no but I could be wrong. My pickup is also Apr 11th.

Re: ordering now for a product on sale, I placed my PC Express order and some items were on sale but weren't when I was to pick up my order so I did not get the sale price, however there were some items that when I picked up my order they were on sale but weren't when I ordered. I am just happy to be able to get a pick up slot on April 13...

I think for the first time in my life I’m barely looking at prices. Normally I’m a huge price matcher. I’m just hoping to get some of what’s on our order!

And, also realizing how often we eat out and how far my shopping dollar stretches in comparison to takeout/restaurant meals. Learning some good lessons through this.

I think for the first time in my life I’m barely looking at prices. Normally I’m a huge price matcher. I’m just hoping to get some of what’s on our order!

We made the decision to use our local Fortinos for everything even though they are usually more expensive but they are offering PC Express and since I am immunocompromised this works for us. On our last order there were items that were limited (I am okay with that) and the only item not available was the pancake mix. Since it was my first order, I did not understand the ordering of meat and I wanted some chicken breasts - the picture showed a package of 2 so I requested 2 (figuring I would get 4 breasts) but I ended up with 2 club packs...that was okay, we put them in the freezer.

And, also realizing how often we eat out and how far my shopping dollar stretches in comparison to takeout/restaurant meals. Learning some good lessons through this.

I'm with you. I'm also not worried about points programs at all, for the first time in I don't remember how long. I'm trying to order/shop at the fewest places possible, and to stretch the time between trips as much as I can. Social distancing above all right now!

I agree about takeout/restaurants but I have to say...I really miss it. The convenience of ordering a pizza on a busy day, the experience of going to a restaurant, especially 'our place' where we have breakfast together once a week...I guess I'm learning that some of those costs are really worth it for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter