• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I've just attempted to cash out and don't see this option showing up. My only option is to change the CC I'm currently linked to.

Has anyone else found how to use PC Optimum points when ordering using PC Express?

I've just attempted to cash out and don't see this option showing up. My only option is to change the CC I'm currently linked to.

Has anyone else found how to use PC Optimum points when ordering using PC Express?
I went back and reread the link that Mel gave above (carefully). It says to login with your PCid So I've gone back and done this. I'm going to do an order on Thursday after we get the new offers and I'll let you know if, by doing that, I get the option to use my points.

I've never redeemed them online, but when I call superstore to say I'm there to pick up, they ask what form of payment I want and I can choose to use my points.

It might be something new because this is what is says in the FAQ on the PC Express site...

CAN I REDEEM PC OPTIMUM POINTS TO PAY FOR MY ORDER?
PC Optimum Points can be redeemed when picking up your order. Please inform the concierge when you arrive and have your card or device ready.

Just back from picking up my PC Express order. I was told if you want to use your points, when you call to say you are there, you can advise them then, or you can put it in the notes section of the order.

I'm back to report my experience with using PC points for my PC Express order.

When I checked out yesterday, I could not find a spot for the PC points. In the space to make notes to your picker, I noted that I wanted to use 100 000 PC points which are attached to the credit card.

When my picker called this morning, we went through a couple of substitutions and the fact that she refused to add the field cucumber to my order because they were so awful. Then, she noted that she was checking out as we talked, put the PC points on my order, and then told me the amount going on my card.

Have I said how much I love my No Frills crew? Yes, I have to walk through the exit to get the bags myself, but I love it! Oh, and because my order was scheduled for a 1:00 pick up, there was the $3 charge. I'm good with that! I was out of the car a maximum of 5 minutes with 19 bags/big items.

I had a challenge recently and am waiting for a callback from PC Express head office.

On May 9th I placed a large order (over $225 which is large for me) which included a $50 Ultimate Dining gift card.

When I received notice that my groceries were ready to be picked up, included in the list of substitutions was that they were giving me 2 x $25 gift cards rather than 1 $50. Totally okay with this! Picked up my groceries and included in one of the bags was a small clear bag with the 2 gift cards in it.

Because of everything going on, once I've sanitized my groceries and put them away, if everything was there I often throw out the receipt as it's one less piece of paper to touch.

Fast forward to last Friday when I tried to use one of the gift cards only to have it declined because the number was 'invalid'. Tried to use the second one and it was also declined.

To make a long story, long....I contacted Ultimate Dining (over an hour on hold/call) and they said someone needed to contact me. Heard back from them Wed and the cards had never been activated at the store!

Tried to look up the receipt online and only got an error message. Called the number the error message said to call and a ticket has now been raised. Waiting to hear back from them.

From what I can remember, i believe I saw a $50 charge for the gift cards on my bill but have no way to find out. Even if somehow I didn't, I don't feel the error is mine as I ordered them, accepted the substitution and the actual cards themselves. I would have thought when they scanned the items into my order it would have activated the cards but I don't know how it works.

Waiting to hear back from PC Express who are handling my ticket as the store says there is nothing they can do. :(

I will continue to use PC Express but this is disappointing!

I had a challenge recently and am waiting for a callback from PC Express head office.

On May 9th I placed a large order (over $225 which is large for me) which included a $50 Ultimate Dining gift card.

When I received notice that my groceries were ready to be picked up, included in the list of substitutions was that they were giving me 2 x $25 gift cards rather than 1 $50. Totally okay with this! Picked up my groceries and included in one of the bags was a small clear bag with the 2 gift cards in it.

Because of everything going on, once I've sanitized my groceries and put them away, if everything was there I often throw out the receipt as it's one less piece of paper to touch.

Fast forward to last Friday when I tried to use one of the gift cards only to have it declined because the number was 'invalid'. Tried to use the second one and it was also declined.

To make a long story, long....I contacted Ultimate Dining (over an hour on hold/call) and they said someone needed to contact me. Heard back from them Wed and the cards had never been activated at the store!

Tried to look up the receipt online and only got an error message. Called the number the error message said to call and a ticket has now been raised. Waiting to hear back from them.

From what I can remember, i believe I saw a $50 charge for the gift cards on my bill but have no way to find out. Even if somehow I didn't, I don't feel the error is mine as I ordered them, accepted the substitution and the actual cards themselves. I would have thought when they scanned the items into my order it would have activated the cards but I don't know how it works.

Waiting to hear back from PC Express who are handling my ticket as the store says there is nothing they can do. :(

I hope that it works out for you. I had an issue with the Ultimate Dining Card being activated by our local Fortinos a few years ago. My Mom had given me the gift card for my birthday and had paid cash. It is a good thing that I was using it at the Swiss Chalet by my office that we frequent often. The server came over and whispered that the card was not activated. I gave her my credit card and went to Fortinos with my Mom's receipt. They were giving me a hassle saying that it was activated and I think that they just scan the gift card but so not actually activate it. It took 4 days for the store to be able to verify the card was not activated and replace my gift card. We have never bought a gift card there again.

Always, always keep the receipt when you buy a gift card....keep it until after you use the card. All the info for the card activation is on the bottom of the receipt. If you had the receipt this would have been a very simple fix. Now it may take you quite a while...if at all. Be prepared to lose that money.

This happened to me recently where I needed to verify something on a receipt but I had already tossed it out (pre Covid I would save all my receipts to check against my monthly credit card statements, but not anymore). Now I started to just take a pic of the receipt before tossing it out.

A bit OT for the PC Optimum thread, but just wanted to relate my experience with ordering building supplies for projects through curbside pickup. I have done a couple of orders through Home Depot, and everything went smoothly. First order took about 4 days to fulfill, but my second order was ready in just over 24 hours. There was one item for that second order that I couldn't find online at HD, so I ordered it from Lowes. Looked at all of the items I needed, and all of them were cheaper at HD, so worth ordering from both.

So I got my HD order 2 days after placing it. Then I waited for the Lowes email, and waited, and waited. After a week, I decided to call the store. Got lost in a voice mail loop - "to speak to an operator, press 0" which immediately dropped you back to the top of the menu structure. Tried selecting the department closest to what I needed, and the phone just rang for 5 minutes with no answer. Called the toll free number on the order confirmation email several times, but it always rang busy. Gave up and waited a couple of more days. Called the store again, and with a bit more perseverance, I finally got through. The girl told me that fulfillment of curbside orders was currently running "Three and a half weeks!" Couldn't believe my ears. How can Home Depot be running 24 hours, while Lowes runs 24 times that long! She said I could just come into the store and shop for the item. So I cancelled the order with her and headed over to Home Depot where I found the needed item at half the price being asked by Lowes. (Note, it was probably my fault for missing it online by being too specific in search terms).

So moral here is, if you are shopping for building supplies, I highly recommend Home Depot over Lowes, cheaper, MUCH quicker, and much better customer service. I also really like the curbside system at HD - you send them a text saying "HERE" and then answer a handful of texts to give them the details, then they come out with your order. Easy peasy. Shout out too my local Home Hardware for doing it right too, but they don't carry the kind of building materials I needed at their urban stores (Home Building Centres tend to be rural).

Looks like a bonus redeption on the weekend. I wasn't going to do it, was trying to save up for christmas, but I really want some hair dye and nail polish and I hate actually paying for it! So I'll get some groceries and stuff to make me feel pretty :) And try to not use all my points.

Had my first oops with my PC Express Order but customer service made it right. I ordered a package of black forest ham and picked up my order today. Got out the package to use for dinner tonight and noticed the expiration date was June 12, 2020. Called customer service and they gave me a credit towards my next order.

Soooo, redemption week ... I have enough to get $300.00 worth of whatever. Suggestions?
No, i won't play the shell game of using the points to buy stuff and then putting the $300.00 into a savings account/gift card whatever type thing.
I treat these points the same as my Airmiles, didn't buy anything i wouldn't normally buy so they're free and I want to use them on "something" I'm not even sure what type of stuff I can expect to get? Does Shoppers still sell electronics?

Soooo, redemption week ... I have enough to get $300.00 worth of whatever. Suggestions?
No, i won't play the shell game of using the points to buy stuff and then putting the $300.00 into a savings account/gift card whatever type thing.
I treat these points the same as my Airmiles, didn't buy anything i wouldn't normally buy so they're free and I want to use them on "something" I'm not even sure what type of stuff I can expect to get? Does Shoppers still sell electronics?

Yup, electronics are a great option! My local shoppers has a good selection—video games, cameras, and headphones come to mind. I’ve used my points for a switch, and I’ve had my eye on some outdoor bluetooth speakers.

My only warning: the most expensive stuff goes quickly on redemption weekends. So if you are going for something big, call in advance and make sure your store has stock, and plan to be there first thing on the first day!

Edit: I guess I should have also asked...what kind of stuff do you want?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter