Pet names for rides and attractions

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
This very topic has likely been discussed before and possibly even started by me, BUT with so many new posters around I thought I give it another spin! What names have you or your family given to a ride or attraction that isn't the "official name". Let me give you some examples:

The Mad Tea Party= The tea cups

Cirque du Soleil= Cirque du So Lame

Stitch's Great Escape= Stitch;s Great Mistake

Primeval Whirl= Primeval HURL

MESP= The Electric Light Parade

And I'm sure more than a few people still call SSE The Golfball. So tell us how you guys roll!

The Tomorrowland Transit Authority = Blue Train (who can say the whole name anyway?!)

***To OP: Do you really think Cirque du Soleil is "lame"? Just wondering...we think it's fantastic, so it was interesting to read that, unless it's just what you call it but not what you think of it! :goodvibes

The Tomorrowland Transit Authority = Blue Train (who can say the whole name anyway?!)

***To OP: Do you really think Cirque du Soleil is "lame"? Just wondering...we think it's fantastic, so it was interesting to read that, unless it's just what you call it but not what you think of it! :goodvibes

In fairness I haven't seen it (have seen them on tv and elsewhere), but the concept has zero appeal for me. Dh finds it "creepy". We also have another name for it, that isn't DIS friendly.

Yep! My BFF calls SSE "The Golfball!" *LOL*

Other than "The Teacups" for the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, no real nicknames for the attractions.

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin = Shoot the Batterbies (courtesy of my then 21 month old son who couldn't pronounce batteries correctly)

Spaceship Earth = The Great Big Ball of Air Conditioning (courtesy of my husband one particularly hot May)

My daughter has name the Haunted Mansion "The Creepies" or "Haunted Banshee"(I think because of the Screaming Banshee in Cars).

Way back when, my daughter started calling the Winnie the Pooh ride the Pooh Pots. It has stuck ever since.

From when DS was 4... Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was called the Choo Choo coaster.

Splish Splash
Buzz Buzz
Primeval Hurl
The Giant ... (can't say on the DIS ... I think I finally broke my DH from saying it)

Restaurants
Pizza Barfi
Gackin' Yeti

Resorts
Poffle-Q (POFQ, another one if my DHs)
The Projects (value resorts ... which we actually like!)
Snot & Witch Club
Moose & Squirrel (swan & dolphin)

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter