pet peeves

this might have been listed already (too lazy to read all 160 posts). the following pet peeves are related to people walking:

1. when a person just stops walking in the middle of a crowd, not considering the fact there are people behind them. for this reason i maintain the 2 second rule :lmao:

2. people walking head on towards me and expecting me to move out of the way, somehow expecting that i am the only one who should move out of the way. i don't move anymore, i will glady collide into someone who just won't share the road. On the other hand if it appears they just don't see, me then i do avoid the collision. I'm not a total monster.:rotfl:

3. groups of people who congregate and discuss something at the entrance to an attraction or in the middle of wide open walkway, blocking other pedestrians.

My pet peeve is about the trams to/from the parking lot...
When they no further boarding DON"T GET ON!!!! Argh! Trust me wait 2 min and another tram will be there to pick you up!

I guess I don't have many pet peeves. I don't mind a couple of people jumping the line because someone in their party is holding their place especially if the configuration of their party gives you a clue about why they might have done it (one parent holding the line, another with a toddler who probably had to use the bathroom, etc.) However, when a huge group of grownups or teens are shoving past you because their friend called them on the cell phone and told them to come on up, it's not quite right. I mean, what are the odds that 10 adults needed an emergency pee break at the same time?

My main complaint in long lines is people who don't pay attention to the fact that the line is moving. You end up stuck behind them while they chat or sit on the railings, waiting for them to realize that the line has moved and there is now a 20 foot gap between them and the people in front of them. It's like, "Move along already, please."

I'm a VERY fast walker, but I don't get bothered by people who are meandering. I can usually get around them, but I figure that for a lot of people being on vacation is the only time they DON'T have to be in a big hurry, so I don't begrudge them the chance to meander. Sometimes it even makes me reflect and ask myself, "Why am I rushing? I'm supposed to be on vacation. Breathe already." That can be helpful for me because I have a hard time unwinding sometimes, so it's good to be reminded to stop and smell the roses.

While I don't have a problem with people saving seats to eat especially if they have small children, someone elderly or infirm, etc. in their party, if I personally was waiting and saw someone who already had their food being reduced to having to sit on the ground, I'd offer them my seat. That's just me and small kindnesses like that are no sweat off my nose.

I think the worst for me is when the parents of some poor child continue to push hard, when it is obvious kid is flat out exhausted. I have been in so many lines when the kid is cranky, crying, and just plain tried and the parents scold the child and seem oblivious to the true problem. All it takes is a little down time so everyone can rest and everybody will be happier.

We saw something like this. On the bus over to MK one day. It was about 4:00 p.m. and we had spent a couple hours by the pool so we were relaxed. A family with two young children got on and the kids were miserable. They were cranky and obviously very tired. DW and I commented to each other those kids just need to be at the resort, get some dinner and hang out by the pool or go rest in the room. They started to get on the parents nerves. crying and complaining. Mom says to them both we paid for this trip and have these reservations so we are going to use them. which in turn brought out our favorite line of the week "there goes another happy Disney family". :lmao: crying and complaining continued for the duration of the ride. I'm not sure that night was fun for any member of that family or anyone that came in contact with them. I know it costs a lot, but to me this vacatio is about the kids. We go where my son dictates. So if he wants to swim and hang out we swim and hang out. He wants to go to the same park two days in a row we will do that. It's vacation to us. Not the most relaxing form of vacation, but vacation nonetheless. Don't stress.

:rotfl2: :goodvibes :rotfl2:

If only I could witness other people's kids acting as bad as mine, maybe I would feel better! But it never happens. All I ever see are these little angels sitting on benches or on the bus quietly and politely!

I think it's because we are more critical of our own kids. :lovestruc They are with YOU so you notice how misbehaved they can get. KWIM?? Look at how many people on this thread said something about their kids yet I never notice it. :rotfl:

I don't have a problem letting A person or two by my so they can meet up with their party. It really doesn't bother me a bit.

But when there is ONE person holding a spot and then 5 or 6 or more people start shoving through rudely as if I should know enough to move for them...then I get angry and I will pretend to ignore them while also blocking their way. Rude of me? probably.

I agree. No need for them to push through and be rude. :sad2:

One thing that I can think of is when people don't know how to control their kids. I love seeing the adorable well behaved children :)

speeders...this may sound a bit odd but there are two kinds of speeders that i have encountered at WDW that really peeve me.

1. The multiperson bikes (don't know the correct name) at the boardwalk. Last Sept there was a group of people racing each other on these. They were flying, i mean rip roarin' flying on those things on the down grade by YC/BC. If i had not yanked my DS3 out of their path, they literally would have flattened him. Seriously, they should put some type of mechanical regulator on those things so that people can't race. How fast does one really need to go on those things anyway.

2. ECV speeders. Just because one can drive faster than the crowd doesn't mean they should. I have had my ankles banged up on more than one occasion and have been 'run off the road' on multiple occasions.

IA with the person who said Pin Trading. Only because I had bought a really yummy lollipop from the Italy part of Epcot that I was eating on the way out of the park. This girl who was old enough to know better but pushed passed me knocking it out of my hand to look at a CM's pins. She knew what she did and didn't even apologize about it.

I know one of my Dad's pet peeves during our trip was that I couldn't decide what to spend the last bit of my souvenir money on. I even returned a shirt I bought the day before because I decided I wanted something else. By the end he was like I don't care what you get just to decide on something.

I think someone holding line is great! If you have small children or a family member with a disability... then I'm sure you agree. It is not like the rest ofthe group is hopping rides here and there, then comin to meet up in the line. Usually it is becuase of potty breaks, need a drink, rest in the shade...

They don't do it to inconvenience you, just convenience their families.

I just thought of one. Has anyone complained about kids on helleys in the parks? Those do get on my nerves because they can be dangerous to other people.

speeders...this may sound a bit odd but there are two kinds of speeders that i have encountered at WDW that really peeve me.

1. The multiperson bikes (don't know the correct name) at the boardwalk. Last Sept there was a group of people racing each other on these. They were flying, i mean rip roarin' flying on those things on the down grade by YC/BC. If i had not yanked my DS3 out of their path, they literally would have flattened him. Seriously, they should put some type of mechanical regulator on those things so that people can't race. How fast does one really need to go on those things anyway.

2. ECV speeders. Just because one can drive faster than the crowd doesn't mean they should. I have had my ankles banged up on more than one occasion and have been 'run off the road' on multiple occasions.

ITA!

We always here how difficult these things are to drive. To me, that's a reason to go slower than those around you, not faster.

But, ....

My pet peeve are the "politically correct police" on Disney boards!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

d1gitman, I've been slapped around pretty good for suggesting just what you did above.

When one family member waits in line and once at the front the rest get in line with them.I almost got into a fight with some lady when she did this because I said something lol....I was on my honeymoon and we were in line for ToyStory Mania ride it was Aug of 2008 and there is a guy and a young boy in line ahead of us.And then this lady goes under the bars and gets with them and I really didnt for it to come out so loud but I said to my DH wow thats rude and this lady flips around so fast that I thought she was going to fall and she goes really *****y Im getting in line with my husband and kid do you flippin mind.I was like I was like yes I mind I just think its rude that you didnt get in line with them and she just turned around rolling her eyes.lol....

When one family member waits in line and once at the front the rest get in line with them.I almost got into a fight with some lady when she did this because I said something lol....I was on my honeymoon and we were in line for ToyStory Mania ride it was Aug of 2008 and there is a guy and a young boy in line ahead of us.And then this lady goes under the bars and gets with them and I really didnt for it to come out so loud but I said to my DH wow thats rude and this lady flips around so fast that I thought she was going to fall and she goes really *****y Im getting in line with my husband and kid do you flippin mind.I was like I was like yes I mind I just think its rude that you didnt get in line with them and she just turned around rolling her eyes.lol....

But how do you know she didn't have to go potty??? :confused3

I just don't think it's that big a deal. :confused:

But how do you know she didn't have to go potty??? :confused3

I just don't think it's that big a deal. :confused:

I don't think that's a valid excuse. My dad has always teased my mom and I for how often we go to the bathroom, but in all our trips to Disney, we NEVER had to leave a line to go to the bathroom. She's an adult! A kid, I can understand. I would think that an adult can understand that if she's going to be in a long line for an attraction, that she should use the restroom before getting into the line.

I don't mind catching up if they have a kid 8 or younger / a disabled person. But when 1 adult waits in line then the other adults come in, there's a problem! You're adults, you should be able to wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter