Philly Cheesesteak? South Jersey/Philly folks speak up!

I've tried a cheesesteak at one of the parks before. Sooooo dissapointed. NEVER again will I get one outside of the Philly area.

..... If you've never had a Philly cheesesteak - and you're not planning on moving into the area - you probably SHOULD'NT try one, because after you do, you'll never go back to eating what you call a cheesesteak in your area. There's no comparison.

Kind of what I figured...but I thought I'd ask. I never imagined this thread would get so many respones!! Boy do we love our cheesesteaks or what!! Disney hires people from all over the world....maybe they should hire some guys from Philly and open up in the American Adventure....one can dream...
Kimba

that cheesesteaks in Disney are as close to the real thing as the "Boardwalk" is!

Go birds!!

I'm originally from Jersey so I've had the "real thing." And I have to say that the cheesesteaks at Port Orleans Riverside Mill food court are pretty good.

Not as good but I really liked them. Give it a try!

My husband always insists on ordering the cheesesteaks where ever we go....away from home that is...and then complains about it. I personally say skip it. It will never be as good...NEVER! And I agree if they have to tell you it's a Philly cheesesteak...IT AIN'T!

We are originally from NJ----do not try anything advertised as "Philly Cheesesteaks" in Florida if you have EVER had a REAL Philly cheesesteak in Philly !
You will be disappointed to say the least. Lots of places advertise Philly cheesesteaks but they don't compare--even a little !!
We stayed in Philly for 3 days last year and my Husband even had cheesesteaks for breakfast---said he had to make up for lost time !!!!

Florida Princess

DVC---OKW 1992

princess: princess: princess:

Born in Philly, I have lived in FL all of my life. I too eat cheesesteaks in great numbers when I visit.

Cheesesteaks in Florida? I just think of it as a hot roastbeef sandwhich.

you can now get cheesesteaks outside of philly...in NYC...because Tony Luke opened a store there :D

I eat steaks outside of philly, but ONLY in PA and fully realizing its not going to be a PHILLY steak (for instance in my area lots of places use a bread that is almost like a pizza crust...its very good)

in philly, I prefer jims

You have to try the Pork at Johns on Front and Snyder...the place looks like a dump...actually a shed but it is so good...not fancy like Tony Luke's but so good!! Get there before 11:00 though b/c when they run out of rolls that's it!

mep319 said:
You have to try the Pork at Johns on Front and Snyder...the place looks like a dump...actually a shed but it is so good...not fancy like Tony Luke's but so good!! Get there before 11:00 though b/c when they run out of rolls that's it!

I went to John's a few weeks ago. It was really good, but I didn't see anyone getting spinach or broccoli rabe (which I love) on their sandwich. I've heard that John's cheesesteaks are good, too.

luvmick said:
A south Jersian here and I would persnally not eat a cheesesteak anywhere but here or Philly . Genos and Pats are the best!! :Pinkbounc My son had one at Disney and said they were not the same.

I'm from Boston and I agree - I don't eat any cheesesteaks unless they are from Geno's or Pat's. It's so convenient for us out-of-towners that they are located across the street from each other so we can get them both at once!! Any other cheesesteak not from Philly just seems like a steak sandwich to me!

My DH and I talk about this all the time. There is nothing like a Philly Cheesesteak - but only in Philly. It may be a steak with cheese on it - but never call it a Philly!!!! :smooth: :smooth:

My sister now lives in VA and when the come to visit - first item of business - before family even - a Philly Cheesesteak.

Lets go EAGLES.

They really can't compare to those made here in Jersey but they edible. I wouldn't reccomend them.

Cheers :earboy2:

i just had a yummy cheesesteak this weekend, and it was SO good...this thread is making me hungry for another! :D

I still dont understand why bell peppers and sour dough bread can be used in the same sentence!?!?! Give me a "whiz wit" from Jim's Steaks, Tony Lukes or Geno's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter