Photo sharing: Zoos

tink2020

Suddenly Tagless!
So, I'm always overwhelmed to post pictures around here because I'm VERY much an amateur. But I got a new camera yesterday, and I'm pretty happy with it so I thought I'd share some of the pictures I took today.

38-flowers-purpleandyellow.jpg

39-flowers-pinkandwhite.jpg

40-flowers-pinkcloseup.jpg

42-flowers-various.jpg

49-flowers-purple.jpg

57-elephants.jpg

VERY nice. I like some of the perspectives there too. And so colorful, looks like a botanical garden. :thumbsup2

Who'd have ever thought that those animals could plant and tend such beautiful gardens?? :teeth:

Seriously, great pics, very colorful and interesting. I like the gorilla with the basket!

I think all your photo's are lovely....I love looking at everyones photo's!!!!

I LOVE the second one in your second post (purple tulips in the foreground). Gorgeous color there.

buckylarue said:
Who'd have ever thought that those animals could plant and tend such beautiful gardens?? :teeth:

Seriously, great pics, very colorful and interesting. I like the gorilla with the basket!

The secret is in the use of fertilizer. :rolleyes1

Great shots!!

Tink,
we were at the zoo on Tuesday - absolutely breath taking!! All those tulips - I'll have to load up a couple to share - and did you know the big gorilla died on April 11? He had a heartattack while undergoing a root canal! :guilty: poor thing. :Your pics are great - the colors and DOF are nice! Good work on a beautiful day!!! :thumbsup2

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

I'm taking my new camera to the National Zoo next week. Hope I can get a shot of the baby Panda.

LMarge said:
Tink,
we were at the zoo on Tuesday - absolutely breath taking!! All those tulips - I'll have to load up a couple to share - and did you know the big gorilla died on April 11? He had a heartattack while undergoing a root canal! :guilty: poor thing. :Your pics are great - the colors and DOF are nice! Good work on a beautiful day!!! :thumbsup2

I did hear that! Did you see the signs for him?

79-colossussign.jpg

80-colossussign.jpg

83-colossussign.jpg

He was my favorite! We actually were just there about 2 days before he died when his group was out.

I'd love to see your pictures! Zoo Blooms is one of our favorite times... we go at least twice during that time, and zoo babies is next! :blush: Are you in Cincinnati, or just stopped in for a visit?

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures.... the flowers are SO beautiful, so I had an easy subject :blush:

I'd love to see your pictures! Zoo Blooms is one of our favorite times... we go at least twice during that time, and zoo babies is next! :blush: Are you in Cincinnati, or just stopped in for a visit?[/QUOTE]

Tink - sorry for the delayed reply!! The week of our visit, we were out for Spring break - the kids that is! - and what an insane week it was - we were at the zoo on the Tuesday after Easter (18th?) It was a beautiful day, clear cool and not crowded!!! We live here in the cinci area - ****ord to be exact. We relocated here about 7 years ago, my dh is a pilot for Fed EX and at the time was working for Airborne Express (now DHL) -- switched companies in 2000 and we just decided to stay, love the area and the comute to Memphis isn't too bad!LOL The zoo is one of our favorite outings, I just renewed our annual membership and plan on really giving it a workout over the summer break! I will try to get my pictures posted tonight - I have to do these things when the kids are not around, otherwise they all want to see what I'm doing!!! Take care and it's great to see a Cinci gal on the DIS!!! :sunny:

OK - here goes - I've been playing with this camera since November but am just now getting to use some of the assorted settings. A few of these are on macro, most are just super zoomed, and nothing has been done but cropping - no auto correct, etc. Let me know what you think!! I need good critical feedback - but don't be nasty!!! ;)

I just love tulips, they are my very favorite flower - the red/orange ones were so beautiful in person!

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1798c.jpg

6037d3c4.jpg

Here's some more - thank's for looking! I'm not sure how many you can put in one post? And I don't want to hijack the thread!!! :sunny:

IMG_1841c.jpg

70368c14.jpg

edd0295e.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1785c2.jpg

IMG_1781c.jpg

That's it for my flowers!!! Next is the animals!!!LOL

I love your pics. Especially the 2nd in the first post and the 2nd in the second post. Nice job!

LBAK said:
I love your pics. Especially the 2nd in the first post and the 2nd in the second post. Nice job!

Thank you!! I love the second one in the 2nd post as well - it's one of my favorites - it's also one of my kids favorite areas - as the ice cream stand is close by!!! :thumbsup2

Here are a few animal shots - kids included! - the one of the snake was taken thru the glass - I HATE snakes, but my ds wanted me to take his picture since "he is looking right at us!" If his tongue had popped out I probably would have passed out!!! :rotfl2: ll in all, it's a pretty cool shot if your a 7yo boy!!

IMG_1815c.jpg

This one was for my hubby - he's a hunting fanatic and was drooling over this turkey!!! This guy was strutting around fluffing himself all out and the gals were totally ignoring him, much like our house!!! :rotfl2:

IMG_1780c.jpg

Tink - I think this sea-lion is stuck on that rock!! Everytime I've been to the Cinci zoo he's on there! My kids loved him, he just sat there blowing bubbles out his nose for the longest time!

IMG_1772c.jpg

This bird and the monkey after it were taken in the dark, with no flash, thru glass - any tips?
IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

This was my ds2yo's favorite guy - he kept saying "come here kitty baby" over and over!!!LOL "Kitty Baby" is the name of his favorite stuffed animal, next to his Pooh Bear that never leaves his side!
IMG_1755c.jpg

Thanks for looking!! I have more, but I won't hog the thread!!! :sunny:
Marge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter