Photo sharing: Zoos

Can you explain using the polarizer inside to a newbie? :confused3 I thought polarizer is for bright sunny outdoor?

Thanks

Sue

spoon2003 said:
Can you explain using the polarizer inside to a newbie? :confused3 I thought polarizer is for bright sunny outdoor?

Thanks

Sue
polarizer also reduces or eliminates glare on glass

Kelly Grannell said:
3. I'm too lazy to use polarizer so I just put the lens right to the glass

I do the same thing :rotfl: but I really am lazy. You are not lazy! Didn't you memorize the music to Illuminations to time the fireworks sequence?
Absolutely brilliant :thumbsup2

DebºoºS said:
Didn't you memorize the music to Illuminations to time the fireworks sequence?
Absolutely brilliant :thumbsup2

Not Illuminations but Wishes. Regardless, that's not a proof of non-laziness, that's proof of craziness :rotfl:

Kelly Grannell said:
Not Illuminations but Wishes. Regardless, that's not a proof of non-laziness, that's proof of craziness :rotfl:

the first step in getting help, is admitting you have a problem...LOL :thumbsup2

MICKEY88 said:
the first step in getting help, is admitting you have a problem...LOL :thumbsup2

Let us not forget that she LAID on the GROUND to take a picture of the castle! (Sorry OT, but I couldn't resist!!!!):tilt:

makinorlando said:
Let us not forget that she LAID on the GROUND to take a picture of the castle! (Sorry OT, but I couldn't resist!!!!):tilt:

that's called dedication :) unless there is a "brazilain tour group" around ( if you ever read the shocking thread on the attractions board about what they have been known to deposit on the ground) then it would classify as way left of center

another polarizer question...would it cut down on glare from any reflective surface? husband uses glazes in his painting work that shine much more than even semigloss paint and it's hard not to get a glare ( although never thought of the angle either) which washes out the subtle shadings of color.

sigh. another day, another tip learned on the photography boards!!! You guys rock!!! :worship: :cheer2: :woohoo: :thanks:

MICKEY88 said:
if you do use flash shoot on an angle so the flash doesn't bounce back into the lens...

to eliminate fence use wide open aperture creating shallow depth of field, focus on subject and unless it's right up against the fence the fence should disappear..

shot thru a fence...
PICT0030-vi.jpg

Eagles200435-vi.jpg

Funny how light waves will bend like that...

Mikeeee

I took this at Busch Gardens, Tampa - I put the lens right up against the plexiglass.

Lions2.jpg

No tips to add, but I had to post this after noticing your signature.

DSC_0080_edited-1.jpg

Not the greatest image, but it was taken through glass in a fairly dark viewing area at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. And while we're on the glass subject, I kind of like this one, but the color doesn't look right.

DSC_0044_edited-1.jpg

Awesome Penguin picture, Jen. Thanks. All penguins photos are above average merely by the nature of the subject matter. :)

Golf4food said:
Awesome Penguin picture, Jen. Thanks. All penguins photos are above average merely by the nature of the subject matter. :)

Thanks! Those little guys were a riot--jumping on top of each other, falling in the water. We stood there watching them for a good half an hour.

MICKEY88 said:

In my limited knowledge..

I was told early in my surveying career that when you focus past something and it disappears it is actualy the light waves bending around the object.

Otherwise it would still be there. Blurry but still there.

If anyone else has info otherwise, let me know if I am wrong.

Mikeeee

This has been posted here before but it is shot through the glass at Brookfield Zoo, Chicago.
54409752-L.jpg

I was actualy holding the camera over my head to move the ceiling light reflections out of the frame.

and this is thru the dirty aquarium glass:
55307610-L.jpg

I have read that people bring windex wipes to clean a spot on the glass to shoot through.

Mikeeee

IMG_0307.jpg

not as much fun as the animals but did help here too! ( yahoo) ( woodgrained with a sealer which is not matte)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter