Photo Shoot Photos Please

We did our photoshoot at the Poly at 6pm in the RAIN! They offered to rescheduled but DS and I both thought it would be fun in the rain ... and it really was!

image236.jpg

image248_00.jpg

image280_00.jpg

image213_00.jpg

GoofySon'sMom: I love your photos. You guys have a great attitude with the rain and all and it really shows. What fun!

GoofySon'sMom: I love your photos. You guys have a great attitude with the rain and all and it really shows. What fun!

Thank you! You know I had stressed what to wear & how to get there without being all sweaty and looking 'perfect'. Then I realized that that just isn't us. So the rain was actually a bit of a relief. We could just have fun and not worry about the perfect picture. Thankfully our photographer was a good sport. We had a blast!

Our BC photoshoot from 8/18/08... it was at 8:00am. Lots of sun squinting issues for some photos....but overall, I LOVE our pics!!! We had a great photographer who took 60 photos... about 40 of which I really do love! These were taken literallly 4-5 hours before Tropical Storm Fay rolled in and stayed put for days and days... :rotfl: :rotfl:

image062.jpg

image069.jpg

image086.jpg

image115.jpg

image123.jpg

image078.jpg

image131.jpg

image141.jpg

image143.jpg

image151.jpg

image153.jpg

FYI, on the full thread with resort photos, it was noted that the photo shoots are NO LONGER $25 each, they have increased the cost plus you can no longer make enhancements to photo. Here is the info from stitchkingdom.com

NEW! Please note that as of September 1, 2008, Portrait sessions at the resorts are a separate entity from the Disney's PhotoPass system in the theme parks. While both Parks and Portraits use the same system for their photos, they are separate products. As such, the pricing structure has changed dramatically. There is no longer a discount specifically for guests who pre-order Disney's PhotoPass. Guests who pre-order the PhotoCD or purchase it within the theme parks can reserve a Portraits session for $74.95 with proof of purchase (either email or receipt). Guests wishing to purchase only the Portraits session on CD can do so for $149.95. Alternatively guests who purchase the Portraits session but then wish to combine photos from the Parks may do so by bringing their CD and PhotoPass cards to any resort location for a fee of $49.95 (bringing the total to roughly $200). Note that Disney's PhotoPass enhancements will not be available for Portrait session photos or any photos from the theme parks combined with it. Additionally, guests will no longer have the option of receiving their Portrait session photos on a Disney's PhotoPass card. However, any guest who had booked their session prior to September 1 or pre-ordered the PhotoCD prior to September 1 will be able to continue to take advantage of the lower rate and be able to add Portrait session photos to their Disney's PhotoPass.

I am so bummed now. I love all the great resort pictures and was looking forward to our family doing this, but then I read this post. The change in cost doesn't bother me as much as not being able to do any enhancements on the Portrait Session. I called to talk to a photographer about this, just to double check that I was understanding what I had read here. And I was right and I told her well I have a camera that is probably better quality than the photopass people, so why would I have them take the pictures, since it would be the enhancements that would make it special. She was like well you can still crop the pictures and do those things and I said sure, but you can't add the borders and other things. And she was like that's right. So I guess I'll just take my own camera and my family and a small tripod and take my own pictures and save the money. Disney has made a poor choice in making these changes I think.

Cindy

We just finished doing the Photo shoot at the Poly on 9/25. The photographer just put all our pictures on a photopass card. I was just sitting at home tonight adding borderd to my pictures.

We just finished doing the Photo shoot at the Poly on 9/25. The photographer just put all our pictures on a photopass card. I was just sitting at home tonight adding borderd to my pictures.

I wonder if that happened because you had booked your session before September 1st. Supposedly everything changed after Sept. 1st. Did you book your session after Sept 1st, because if that is the case I'm calling them back tomorrow and asking again, because this isn't what they told me today.

I have some photos to share but am having a problem resizing to a bigger picture on photobucket... has it changed recently? I will try again in a bit!

Kidmom, I LOVE the one of your girls holding hands walking towards the lighthouse! I bet that would be gorgeous in B&W too.

The price increase combined with not allowing the enhancements with the photo pass CD takes it off my to do list.

Denise in MI

Wow! I can't believe the price increase....and no enhancements:( Here are some from September 2007.
disney10-1.jpg

disney9-1.jpg

disney16.jpg

I am so bummed now. I love all the great resort pictures and was looking forward to our family doing this, but then I read this post. The change in cost doesn't bother me as much as not being able to do any enhancements on the Portrait Session. I called to talk to a photographer about this, just to double check that I was understanding what I had read here. And I was right and I told her well I have a camera that is probably better quality than the photopass people, so why would I have them take the pictures, since it would be the enhancements that would make it special. She was like well you can still crop the pictures and do those things and I said sure, but you can't add the borders and other things. And she was like that's right. So I guess I'll just take my own camera and my family and a small tripod and take my own pictures and save the money. Disney has made a poor choice in making these changes I think.

Cindy

I agree! :scared1: With the price increase and NO enhancements I will take this oof my things to do! :eek:
If I want photos of my family, we will use our own camera and tripod. Same locations! Great Photos! No additional cost! Priceless! :banana:

Wow...that news is disappointing (higher charge, no photopass). I think I could probably do a better job anyway with my own camera.

Anyone notice that there are a few photos that are gorgeous, but the folks in the photos have things "growing" out of their heads? Go back and check this thread. I've seen lampposts, trees, a fountain, and even a volcano that looks like a hat. I'm sure it's different from photographer to photographer, but if I paid that much money and my photos came out like that, I wouldn't be happy. A good photographer should pay attention to the surroundings as well as the subjects.

Maybe it's just me? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter