Photo strategy in the time of masks

Behind the Christmas shop there are a few picnic tables and the entire area is usually uncrowded. Great side view of the castle. I’m sure I could have gotten a better shot, but I was sitting down 🥴

Attachments

• 6BB513E2-10EE-4B08-825B-F329675C0052.jpeg
    6BB513E2-10EE-4B08-825B-F329675C0052.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 32
But other places allow it. I believe I read universal does. They deal with all of that too I’m sure.

I'm not sure how this works, tbh. Though I don't take pictures with Universal photographers, so maybe it's just direction from them?

But I really do think if guests are allowed to de-mask for photopass CMs, then guests standing near them and taking their own pictures will also de-mask (arguing that it's practically the same), which can snowball. I don't think there are enough CMs to enforce mask wearing right now if maskless photos were allowed.

What about resort pictures with or without masks? What are the rules recommendations here or if you are far away from people, say, at Coronado can you take pics without masks?
Mask rules are the same at resorts as they are in the parks. They must be worn unless stationary, off to the side and actively eating or drinking. The only exception to this is in the resort pool areas where masks do not need to be worn.

Just looked it up. Universal is allowing you to remove face masks for pictures as long as you are practicing social distancing. I understand it may be difficult to police this but I wouldn't believe it would be any more difficult that making guests wear masks around the park with the exception of the relaxation zones. You have to wear masks for all pictures with the exception of marked Photopass picture locations. :confused3

The Universal photographers specifically tell you that you may remove masks for photos. We posed for a picture on the transport boat and the captain even asked if we wanted one with masks off. They say the same thing for character meet photos - socially distanced of course.

It's pretty easy and understood that you mask up after the photo. So, no reason that Disney couldn't follow suit. It's clear looking at maskless photos that you are socially distanced, so nothing that would look questionable if posted online. Especially considering there are various crowded photos that crop up constantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter