Photopass change?

So I just went to start adding borders & stickers to photopass pictures from our recent trip and discovered that they're no longer an option unless you have an iOS device, which we don't. So a feature we had on many trips from 2008 to 2016 is no longer available - thanks Disney.

While we still have our group and ride photos which is nice, the $169 price of our prepaid memory maker is a ripoff considering we can't customize photos like before.

Photopass edits were one element of Disney magic that helped elevate the World above other theme parks. Now they're one step closer to being just another theme park.

So I just went to start adding borders & stickers to photopass pictures from our recent trip and discovered that they're no longer an option unless you have an iOS device, which we don't. So a feature we had on many trips from 2008 to 2016 is no longer available - thanks Disney.
I borrowed an iOS phone from friends to be able to add the borders and stickers. I think Disney just doesn't want to go to the expense of updating the program to be compatible with Android or Windows. Yes, it is very disappointing.

Whomever made the decision to stop the photo editing of borders etc. as a part of the Photopass should be fired, this is the worst decision I've seen made by Disney in a while....

Is it still possible to add borders using IOS phone?
I tried it just now and did not see the edit option on the phone, is it possible that I haven't purchased the photos? My kids only took a few pictures for one day and I have been thinking whether it is worth it to buy a one day photopass. If I can add borders, I can get some more.

I have an iPhone 6+, and get the photopass downloads free with my AP, I don't see the borders anymore, either. Doesn't make a lot of difference to me, but I'm sorry for those that really liked the edit feature, or that bought Photopass thinking the feature was there. I think Disney is missing a marketing opportunity...they could add the feature on the disc, so that those folks that buy the disc could add stickers and borders on their PCs, and then print them out.

I appreciate the AP freebie for the photos, but adding the feature to disc purchasers would be a plus for them.

Last edited:
I have an iPhone 6+, and get the photopass downloads free with my AP, I don't see the borders anymore, either. Doesn't make a lot of difference to me, but I'm sorry for those that really liked the edit feature, or that bought Photopass thinking the feature was there. I think Disney is missing a marketing opportunity...they could add the feature on the disc, so that those folks that buy the disc could add stickers and borders on their PCs, and then print them out.

I appreciate the AP freebie for the photos, but adding the feature to disc purchasers would be a plus for them.
I just checked and have the 6S+, they are still there but are hard to see. They are at the very bottom when you click the edit button, then borders. When I click on one it works properly. It only appears to work on photos taken by cast members only, not the photos taken on rides.

Last edited:
I am still using an old borrowed iPhone, just for the PhotoPass editing. It was updated yesterday, and yesterday I was still able to use the borders and the badges. They are very, very tiny when searching--certainly too small to see what they are until each one is clicked on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter