Photopass Superthread!

Question #3, LOL.

Can I buy the Photopass now even tho my vacation starts on October? Thank you!!

When you go on the app and click on a picture, it will ask you if you want to activate starting that day. So if you're there 7 days or less just click on your first picture. The activation is effective as of 6 AM, so if you accidentally click your fourth or fifth picture it doesn't matter as long as it's on the same day. (The pictures have watermarks until you activate, so I activated mine while I was still in the park so I could see my photos better.)

Yes, you can access from your laptop. I looked at my photos in the park from my phone then once I got home I pulled them up on my laptop and downloaded them.

Yes, once you have paid and downloaded the photos are yours and you can print them anywhere. There is no copyright on them.

Thank you! I want to pursue now even though our trip is in late September

Question #3, LOL.

Can I buy the Photopass now even tho my vacation starts on October? Thank you!!

I'm pretty sure you can -- There's nothing on the website that indicates there is any kind of expiration date other than 45 days after the date of your first photo. Personally I bought mine as soon as it was announced they were available again, which was about a month before my trip if I remember correctly. I know in the past people have purchased that far in advance with no problem.

We were scheduled to go to DL this past April, but had to reschedule the trip because of DH's work (we are now going Sep 17 - 30). I booked everything last fall (including ordering PP+). At the time that I ordered it, it seemed to be like it has always been ($69, get smart cards of photos on your trip, get home and punch in all the codes, edit photos and download). I haven't read all the posts on this thread, only the last couple of pages, but it sounds like they've changed it. We are there for 2 weeks, I don't want to be limited to getting photos for just 7 days of that. Does anyone know if the new rules apply even if you purchased your PP+ before they came in to effect? What exactly are the new rules?

We were scheduled to go to DL this past April, but had to reschedule the trip because of DH's work (we are now going Sep 17 - 30). I booked everything last fall (including ordering PP+). At the time that I ordered it, it seemed to be like it has always been ($69, get smart cards of photos on your trip, get home and punch in all the codes, edit photos and download). I haven't read all the posts on this thread, only the last couple of pages, but it sounds like they've changed it. We are there for 2 weeks, I don't want to be limited to getting photos for just 7 days of that. Does anyone know if the new rules apply even if you purchased your PP+ before they came in to effect? What exactly are the new rules?

I would call Disney to verify that you can still use the one you ordered last y

Thanks for the response! I called this morning and they said they would totally honor the one I bought, I just have to make sure I explain to the people at character dining that I'm using the old PP+ so they don't charge me for photos. :)

Does anyone know if you can enter a PP card in two accounts? Like, if my husband links a card (or his AP) in the app in his account. I link cards in my account and then we decide to order the PP downloads for all. Would we be able to enter the card(s) he entered in his account into my account as well? Or do we need to be careful to only use a single account?

We visited 3rd week of August and purchased the week PP+. We barely ended up with any photos. There were hardly any photographers in the parks. Two of the special anniversary spots had photographers, the rest unattended. One on the street in cars land. One near the castle. Two working the sidelines before PTN. That was it. Were we just unlucky or is this consistent with what others of you have experienced?

We visited 3rd week of August and purchased the week PP+. We barely ended up with any photos. There were hardly any photographers in the parks. Two of the special anniversary spots had photographers, the rest unattended. One on the street in cars land. One near the castle. Two working the sidelines before PTN. That was it. Were we just unlucky or is this consistent with what others of you have experienced?

Not consistent with my experience. Some characters don't always have handlers, but I rarely have an issue getting a ton of pictures from the Photopass photographers. But it probably helps I know rough times and locations where there's usually someone stationed at this point. Only one I've yet to find is one of the wandering photographers to do a special set of pictures.

We were there the week before you. I thought there were fewer photographers than normal, but we did still find some. Had a hard time finding one in Carsland but eventually did. Never did see one over on the side of the castle where we normally get magic shots. Saw them quite a bit in the hub and there was one hanging around the Club 33 area. I frequently saw photographers hanging out over by the Mexican restaurant in DL near the restrooms! Not sure why as there is nothing to photograph there, other than it was quite hot and they were standing in the shade chatting!

They were hit and miss with characters -- we saw them with Minnie at DCA, with Goofy at Toontown, and of course with Pooh over by Splash. Chip and Dale were out without photographers in DCA, as were the Evil Queen and Peter Pan in Fantasyland.

Still thought it was a good deal because we got lots of ride photos.

Can I just clarify that I'm understanding this correctly:

1. I can purchase photopass before I go and activate it on my phone once we want to start our 7 days
2. I can go to the parks and gather photos on a PP card, then come home and decide whether or not to get the photopass 7 day option.

Is there any price difference for pre-ordering? And if I wait until I get home to decide, can I still get the ride photos on the card or is that exclusively for pre-orders?

I must be missing something, i can’t find anywhere on the disney website to purchase the photopass?

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass/claim-photos

In the upper right hand corner click on additional products

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass/claim-photos

1. I can purchase photopass before I go and activate it on my phone once we want to start our 7 days
2. I can go to the parks and gather photos on a PP card, then come home and decide whether or not to get the photopass 7 day option.

Is there any price difference for pre-ordering? And if I wait until I get home to decide, can I still get the ride photos on the card or is that exclusively for pre-orders?

There is no price difference for preorders and yes you can wait to purchase until you get home.

You just need to take photos of your ride photos with the number on them (or just write down the number, including the letters in front). When you get home, you can add those numbers to your photopass account.

The last time I was at Disneyland, we used the old PP+ system. I just want to make sure I understand how it is working now (having read through the last 7 pages of this thread).

If you have the correct tiered AP, you get PP+ automatically? If you were to start with a hopper and upgrade to an AP during your trip, do you just use a regular PP card until then? And write down ride photo numbers? Do you link them in your photopass account or Disneyland account? When you have the AP, do you give them that at the ride photos or still just get the ride photo number to link later? TIA - it has changed a lot in such a short time!

I'm hoping someone can help me. I purchased the Photopass+ Collection (the $99 one) and I finally have all our trips finished and all our photos in my account. I put in the code into the spot on the app last night (so now a full 24 hours ago) and nothing has happened. A small window popped up that send "Your photos will be linked soon!" and that's it. I literally can't find any information about how long it should take for my photos to be unlocked and ready for download. I have 200+ photos and that might make it take longer but there's no hint anywhere of this taking over 24 hours. Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to call the help line tomorrow morning if nothing happens. It was such a hassle getting the Collection that if the photos weren't as good as they are, we'd never buy Disney photos again.

I have a question.
I bought PP+ in early August for our trip next week. I got an e-mail confirmation immediately, but that's all I've gotten. Last time I bought it (a couple years ago), I got a disc and instructions in the mail. Are they doing it differently now? I don't have the right kind of phone to use the app I see people talking about.
I know I can get my card from our first photographer. How do I order photos after the trip? I don't have any links or barcodes or anything to link the card I get to an account.

There is no disc. You either have to use the app or just get your card from the first photographer.

You should have a Disney account from buying your PP+ if you didn't have one already. When you return, just log in to your Disney account and go to Photopass. There's a "claim photos" link. You type the number from the Photopass card you get at the parks into your account and it pulls up all your photos.

In fact, since you've already purchased you should be able to go to your account now and see that your Photopass card is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter