Pictures of rare characters

For those who'd like a little better idea on who is rare and who is not, check the link in my sig for the character finder - it includes all meetable characters at WDW, along with data from where others have spotted them recently.

Just to let anyone who's looking for the Snow Queen know, I met her at the "Teardrop" bit in Toontown Fair last week. We had just checked the Fairies line when we noticed some people looking up at the teardrop in interest, and so we went up to have a look and found her. She was really good fun! So if you're going in the next few weeks, it's worth looking out there in case she's around.

We had great luck at DLR finding some rarer characters. . . We got Mary poppins, Bert and Penguin together and they played with us for almost 10 minutes as we were the first/only people there at the time. It was great!!
DSC02820.jpg
DSC02821.jpg

Evil Queen (Snow White) was in the plaza by the entrance as we were leaving, and she popped out for a few minutes (Like literally maybe 15!) before the parade.
DSC02679-1.jpg

Atta was with Flik at DCA (Not so rare maybe in California?)
DSC02682.jpg

Cruella was on Main Street.
DSC02672.jpg

At WDW, we got Jiminy before the parade in the square by Town Hall (again, VERY limited amount of time out)
(Looking for pics! Hopefully be back soon!)

What about Robin Hood? I'm on the hunt for him. I hear of sightings here and there, and i know he's rare, but when he IS out and about where is he usually?

I was suprised to see Christopher Robin in the Halloween parade a few years ago. He was sooo cute...but really being a child, I'm guessing we will never see him anywhere else. too cute!

Ok gong in about a month. What time and where in the animation bldg at DHS do i check for "rare" characters and what times at the teardrop? Thanks to all in advance. love this thread.

How about Roo? When I told my dd we were eating at CP with the Pooh characters, she immediately asked if Roo would be there...I told her I didn't think so, I have never seen a pic with Roo in any reports.

It's great to hear about Marie, my dd loves her and has a Marie "outfit" for BOTH days we are going to Epcot! :goodvibes

In order of preference:

1) the Penguin from Mary Poppins
2) Evil Queen
3) Prince John

I"ve heard about the big character deal at 5 at DHS, but heard that it's inside the Animation Building. The photos from the PP were outside, so I don't want to be wandering around the animation building at 5 only to find out they were outside that day! I certainly would prefer outside, as the photos are so much nicer!

I actually got a picture last summer w/ Prince John. Me and my brother. I bowed to him and he seemed to like that whiel my brother told asked him. where is Robin Hood...Then he got that angry look on his face lol

Thanks for the great pictures. We leave in less than 48 hrs. WHoo hoo!:
cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Those are awesome loribeth! Nice camera resolution too.

Would Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum count as rare?

All the reports from the party this year are no.

I'm so glad we finally made time to wait out his line at the P & P party!

We met him (by accident) at P&PP, too. He was hanging out on Main Street (at the exact same time he was at the tutorial, actually) all by himself. No guests anywhere, just him, his handler and us. The kiddos were asleep, my mom was too far ahead (with the autograph books, too! :headache:), but we snapped a pic.

Loribeth, great pictures. My DS has been looking for Rabbit. How long ago did you get all of these? I hope it was recently.

Wow, Stromboli! Impressive. I've never seen him before. I didn't even know they had a costume for him!

Also, LOVE your Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs pic!

We had great luck at DLR finding some rarer characters. . . We got Mary poppins, Bert and Penguin together and they played with us for almost 10 minutes as we were the first/only people there at the time. It was great!!
DSC02820.jpg
DSC02821.jpg

Evil Queen (Snow White) was in the plaza by the entrance as we were leaving, and she popped out for a few minutes (Like literally maybe 15!) before the parade.
DSC02679-1.jpg

Atta was with Flik at DCA (Not so rare maybe in California?)
DSC02682.jpg

Cruella was on Main Street.
DSC02672.jpg

At WDW, we got Jiminy before the parade in the square by Town Hall (again, VERY limited amount of time out)
(Looking for pics! Hopefully be back soon!)

Adorable pics! I do think DLR has more character action, especiall if you are looking for Mary and her buddies. When I made my daughter's new Mary Poppins costume for our trip next week, I actually made it a little big and am hoping to head west next year!

These seemed sort of rare to us.
WDW_2009_0904_181349.jpg

WDW_2009_0904_175621.jpg

We also got all their autographs.

In addition, don't know if any of these are rare, but I guess it is possible:
Frozone
Jimminy Cricket
Alice in Wonderland
Hook and Smee

These seemed sort of rare to us.
WDW_2009_0904_181349.jpg

WDW_2009_0904_175621.jpg

We also got all their autographs.

In addition, don't know if any of these are rare, but I guess it is possible:
Frozone
Jimminy Cricket
Alice in Wonderland
Hook and Smee

Jimminy used to be pretty rare, but I've read he's pretty regular out at Rafiki Planet Watch in AK now.

Alice is common near the Teacups in the MK, or in the UK in Epcot.

Hook and Smee are a 2-fer across from POTC every day in the MKk.

Frozone, I don't know about. If he's out, it would be DHS.

I don't know if these are rare. We found all of these characters back by the kids playground in Toontown.

PICT0184-1.jpg

Friar Tuck from Robin Hood

PICT0186-1.jpg

King John from Robin Hood

PICT0187.jpg

Marie

PICT0192.jpg

My son Max meeting Goofy's son Max.

Those are awesome loribeth! Nice camera resolution too.
Thank you.

Loribeth, great pictures. My DS has been looking for Rabbit. How long ago did you get all of these? I hope it was recently.
If you click on the pictures it'll take you to their Flickr pages and you can see the month and year the pictures were taken in. I saw Rabbit in October of 2008.

Wow, Stromboli! Impressive. I've never seen him before. I didn't even know they had a costume for him!

Also, LOVE your Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs pic!
I've only seen Stromboli once.

Thank you.

I don't have any pictures, as they were all taken on DM film camera. (shock horror, I know!), but the "rare" characters I've met are:

Mr. Foulfellow. (I think I met him. I have some slight memory of him.) - Don't remember where, unfortunatley. It was a while back.

Jiminy Cricket. - AK.

Cody the bear? from Brother Bear? (I think that's his name. It was a while back, also. :laughing:) - Canada, @EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter