Pins and Airport Security

R

RHSgrad03

I wear an American flag pin on my hat ever since 9/11, and I was wondering if I could go through airport security with it still on. Anyone ever had an experience like this?

I would imagine if the Disney pin traders can get through security carrying pin bags full of Disney pins, one lapel pin on your hat shouldn't cause a stir. In fact, I think the one pin being out in the open shouldn't cause any problems at all.

Here's a link to one thread on the Collectors Board talking about transporting pins.

I agree!!
We do a Disney cruise almost every month, and I always bring my pins in carry-on (some of those little suckers are worth way too much to trust to check-in bags). I have always been allowed to bring them on, although if I put them in another bag and run it through x-ray, that always earns me a search. I have learned to send the pin bag through separately. For something you are wearing, there should be no problem at all.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I went in May carrying a number of pins and my lanyard in my camera bag. I unzipped the bag so they could search it and put it through x-ray. No problems in Chicago or Orlando.

If you are wearing the hat, I'd suggest taking it off and putting it on the x-ray conveyor. Most detectors now are set to be very sensitive -- my credit cards in my wallet will set them off!. This way you can avoid possibly being searched.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter