Pixar Day at Sea Character Breakfast?

drstrange

Earning My Ears
Today is the booking window for my upcoming January Pixar Day at Sea Cruise. I wanted to sign-up for the Pixar character breakfast but it was not available as a special ticketed event. Does anyone know if this is something that will be added later? I assumed that this was like the old Disney Junior breakfast that you needed a reservation for.

We are sailing on this cruise also. We are sailing concierge and when I put my request in 10 days ago, I added this to the requests. I got an email back from shoreside that said: “Character Breakfast is currently paused. We have notated your interest for when it resumes and becomes available to book.” I hope this helps, I thought the same thing as you.

We are sailing on this cruise also. We are sailing concierge and when I put my request in 10 days ago, I added this to the requests. I got an email back from shoreside that said: “Character Breakfast is currently paused. We have notated your interest for when it resumes and becomes available to book.” I hope this helps, I thought the same thing as you.
Thanks for this information. The odd thing is that the Pixar Day at Sea was announced during the return to sailing and advertised the character breakfast. So it seems strange to me that now they are saying it is paused.

Thanks for this information. The odd thing is that the Pixar Day at Sea was announced during the return to sailing and advertised the character breakfast. So it seems strange to me that now they are saying it is paused.
I found it strange too! After I got the email back from Shoreside, I even went back and looked at the Pixar Day information to make sure I read it correctly. I went on this morning thinking maybe shoreside had it wrong, but I still didn’t see as available to book.

I found it strange too! After I got the email back from Shoreside, I even went back and looked at the Pixar Day information to make sure I read it correctly. I went on this morning thinking maybe shoreside had it wrong, but I still didn’t see as available to book.
Something that I noticed on another sailing that I have coming up is that I am not able to book the princess meet and greet until 30 days out, so maybe this will be the same? I am so confused. I cannot imagine that they would not offer something that they advertised post-resumption of sailing.

"Character breakfast" in general has been paused on all ships since cruising resumed. The Pixar Day at Sea was announced almost a year ago and they may have expected character dining to be back before now -- and hopefully it will be by January!

I just learned that character breakfasts aren't resumed yet for our upcoming cruise. I'm pretty bummed about it, but, alas--I guess I guess gotta hop on another cruise later. 😜

Just FYI, I'm on the January 7th cruise and Hew Howdy Breakfast with Woody and Friends was available to book at our check-in date today. It was free and there were plenty of times available. There were also 2 additional reserved character bookings available for free (Toy Story and Incredibles). The reserved character greetings sold out quickly.

Edit: Both could be added through "Onboard Fun" in the app. Breakfast was offered on all of the sea days.

Last edited:
Thanks AL you are a pal! I see that and a few other offerings listed as well: "Meet Your Toy Story Friends" and "An Incredible Encounter". Thanks again for the good news!

For our sailing, December 22 is our check in date, and it’s also the date to book these onboard experiences. Looking forward to this sailing! :boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter