Pixar Place Superthread

I don't think it's changed — we're staying there in a couple of weeks and from every room tour I've watched, the vents are still pointing directly at the bed(s), which are lined up against the same side of the room as before 😕
I agree that is what I have seen in room videos too.

But on the positive side, how exciting to be staying in the newly refurbed hotel! You will have to let us know how it went and how you liked the room. Inquiring minds want to know 😄

Hello! Myself, DH, and 2 kids are flying in from PNW and will be in Anaheim August 18-24.
First night, we will be at Best Western Plus Stovall’s inn. Then the 19-24, we will be at Pixar Place in pool terrace club level rooms.
We are doing 3 day, park hopper passes so will definitely have some non park days to enjoy the hotel/pool/downtown Disney.
Still trying to decide what days we actually want to be Park days. We saw that Halloween season begins the 23rd so I’m definitely thinking about having that be a park day even though it will be busy we’ve never seen Disneyland with all the Halloween glory.
Our last visit was in April of last year for a week at GCH with five day hopper passes. We loved that fun bucket list trip but realized we needed some more rest and relaxation days so we opted for just three day passes.
We are hoping the club helps with that relaxing in between park days. It does however make me a bit nervous as no one has obviously tried their new club level lounge so I will be watching to see if anyone can share details before our trip. Another thing that makes me a bit nervous is going in the summer and expecting a pool day for the kiddos. The pool looks quite small, we may need to rent one of their little pod things to ensure we have some shade during our pool day.
Excited to hear others experiences!

I am soo excited for this super thread. I stayed here just before the opening and really loved the new changes. Our family decided if we cannot do DVC in Disneyland we will be doing Pixar Place Hotel. It was soo nice and the CMs were the best CMs we encountered out of our whole trip.
I just read your trip report and loved it! It was so informative. Oh and congrats on finishing two races. That was impressive! 🙂

Does anyone know where most of the 1 bedrooms are located? We are thinking about booking one, but I didn’t know if they were high/low floors, park view/standard view or just a mix of everything? The website doesn’t specify.

I'm hoping to get the scoop on meeting Bing Bong from someone who has stayed at PP lately. I know he started doing meet and greets in the pool area but I haven't been able to get any other details (such as how often he meets, or how hard it is to get the details about meeting him when you get there). It might be worth the money to stay at the hotel if I can grab a rare character while I'm there!

I don't think it's changed — we're staying there in a couple of weeks and from every room tour I've watched, the vents are still pointing directly at the bed(s), which are lined up against the same side of the room as before 😕
Darn!! This was the most annoying part of our stay in October! I figured it would be too pricey to change it with the renovation, but it definitely gives it a downgraded feel when the AC is set up like that (to me).

I'm hoping to get the scoop on meeting Bing Bong from someone who has stayed at PP lately. I know he started doing meet and greets in the pool area but I haven't been able to get any other details (such as how often he meets, or how hard it is to get the details about meeting him when you get there). It might be worth the money to stay at the hotel if I can grab a rare character while I'm there!
I would love to meet Bing Bong!

All the videos I've watched of room tours seem to only have showers. Has anyone stayed in a refurbed room with a bathtub? My autistic daughter hates showers but loves baths.

Hello! Myself, DH, and 2 kids are flying in from PNW and will be in Anaheim August 18-24.
First night, we will be at Best Western Plus Stovall’s inn. Then the 19-24, we will be at Pixar Place in pool terrace club level rooms.
We are doing 3 day, park hopper passes so will definitely have some non park days to enjoy the hotel/pool/downtown Disney.
Still trying to decide what days we actually want to be Park days. We saw that Halloween season begins the 23rd so I’m definitely thinking about having that be a park day even though it will be busy we’ve never seen Disneyland with all the Halloween glory.
Our last visit was in April of last year for a week at GCH with five day hopper passes. We loved that fun bucket list trip but realized we needed some more rest and relaxation days so we opted for just three day passes.
We are hoping the club helps with that relaxing in between park days. It does however make me a bit nervous as no one has obviously tried their new club level lounge so I will be watching to see if anyone can share details before our trip. Another thing that makes me a bit nervous is going in the summer and expecting a pool day for the kiddos. The pool looks quite small, we may need to rent one of their little pod things to ensure we have some shade during our pool day.
Excited to hear others experiences!

A lot of the Halloween stuff will start appearing over the time you are there. I’d recommend doing the 24th, if possible. The 23rd will be packed with bloggers and influencers. I’ve been there the first day of the holiday and spooky seasons and it’s really annoying.

Any more reviews of the refurbed rooms yet?

I'm particularly curious about the pool terrace rooms, and I'm having a tough time even finding old pics. Does anyone have pics of the poolside rooms pre renovation? I'm trying to get a sense of how out in the open you are on the patio.

All the videos I've watched of room tours seem to only have showers. Has anyone stayed in a refurbed room with a bathtub? My autistic daughter hates showers but loves baths.
I've been watching reviews and have only noticed showers as well. I know the one bedrooms have baths, but those are pricey.

Hopefully we will start getting more reviews in and someone can answer your question. Fingers crossed a bathroom room exists!

Any more reviews of the refurbed rooms yet?

I'm particularly curious about the pool terrace rooms, and I'm having a tough time even finding old pics. Does anyone have pics of the poolside rooms pre renovation? I'm trying to get a sense of how out in the open you are on the patio.
I cannot help with the renovated rooms! (Really wanted to stay here in a couple weeks but it was over budget by a lot!). But, I do have photos from the pool terrace room we had in 2010. The last photo, from inside the room, you can see the stairs you have to take to get up to the pool and slide area. So it was pretty private, no one really walks by unless they have a pool terrace room. (But you can look down into the terrace part- I have a photo of that too). Hope this helps!

Attachments

• D9DDDBC1-6A6B-4879-B23D-7F5FA4BE9336.jpeg
    D9DDDBC1-6A6B-4879-B23D-7F5FA4BE9336.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 8772720E-52CD-4E82-B6A1-2271AE4AD96B.jpeg
    8772720E-52CD-4E82-B6A1-2271AE4AD96B.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 3D2DACF9-3814-4FA9-934F-D49E6EBAF496.jpeg
    3D2DACF9-3814-4FA9-934F-D49E6EBAF496.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 6AC42119-F61D-4477-AC96-B325D5889235.jpeg
    6AC42119-F61D-4477-AC96-B325D5889235.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 25
I cannot help with the renovated rooms! (Really wanted to stay here in a couple weeks but it was over budget by a lot!). But, I do have photos from the pool terrace room we had in 2010. The last photo, from inside the room, you can see the stairs you have to take to get up to the pool and slide area. So it was pretty private, no one really walks by unless they have a pool terrace room. (But you can look down into the terrace part- I have a photo of that too). Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! This helps a ton. Seems like it wouldn't be a lot of foot traffic down there.

When are you staying? We have a rest day later this month and I kinda want to see the lobby and stuff here. If we make it over there, I will try to take updated photos. ☺️
We are planning on going at the end of August. I'd love some updated photos if you make it over on your rest day. Thank you!

The hotel looks so good based on pics/videos. Can't wait to see it in person!

We are planning on going at the end of August. I'd love some updated photos if you make it over on your rest day. Thank you!

The hotel looks so good based on pics/videos. Can't wait to see it in person!
We saw part of the new stuff in November 2023, and were really impressed! I could not believe the changes they made at the front desk area. It’s so much bigger now! I do want to see the Luxo lamp though!

That looks so nice! Was there any noise from the pool area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter