• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Places to eat in Bradenton?

bengunn

Pirate Member
I am sure I asked this before but I think it was on the old UK DIS Boards.

We are staying in Bradenton on the Gulf Coast for the first week in September and would appreciate any recommendations of places to go and places to eat - especially as DW and I celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary while we are in Bradenton.

Depends what you are looking for?

Ybor City can be kind of fun - 'Tampa Bay Brewing Company' is okay and inexpensive. If you like italian food then 'Lauro Ristorante' is very good (probably the best Italian food in Tampa, if not Florida).

However, I would suggest hopping in the car and heading to St Petersburg Beach. Right at the southern end of the beach is the 'Don CeSar' a bright pink hotel (www.doncesar.com). Somewhat expensive for dinner, but excellent food and views from the top-floor dining area. Rather than go for dinner, book a table for 'Sunday Brunch'. I guess it must cost $40/head. The choice of food is amazing and the entertainment can be very good (magicians move from table to table, string quartet playing in the corner, clowns to entertain the kids).

It's only a short hop away from Bradenton over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge (I275, come off at Pinellas Bayway, will bring you out right in front of the Don).

I should point out that a reservation is advisable. I send a quick email two or three weeks ahead. My preferred time is 11.00am and I take my time. Don't get too full on the entrees - the desserts are 'WOW!', especially the freshly prepared crepes.

Afterwards I drive back to Fort DeSoto (you will pass the signs on the way down Pinellas Bayway) and walk off my lunch strolling around the fort.

A note on parking, there is Valet parking available, or after passing by the toll plaza take the first left. You can park there - remember to have your ticket validated by the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter