Places to eat in Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom

jenjen212

Just keep Swimming, Just keep Swimming...
Of what is still open in Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, what are the best places to eat?

I haven't been to either of these parks in awhile. I was last in AK before Pandora area opened, and before Galaxy's Edge area opened in HS.

Are there any new "Must Try" food items?

We leave in 3 days and everyone raves about Woody's Lunchbox at Hollywood Studios (Quickservice). We plan to hit that up when we're there next week

I'm sure I'll be disagreed with, but I absolutely love Sci Fi at DHS. Their Donut dessert is one of my splurges each time we visit. 50's Prime Time is also pretty tasty. At Animal Kingdom, Tusker House is getting ready to reopen. As far as counter service goes, I really enjoyed Docking Bay 7 inside Galaxy's Edge. It had different foods other than just your stand burgers, chicken nuggets, and pizza. I, too, hear good things about Woody's Lunchbox, but the seating looks like a nightmare to me. I don't think you can go wrong with the counter service inside Pandora. Everything I've had there, I've enjoyed.

At HS, we enjoy eating outside at the Brown Derby which has a slightly different menu from indoors; more like bar food. A picket fence separates you from the rest of the outdoors so you can see the happenings yet feel more “enclosed”.

No idea what if any QS eateries are opened under the enclosed market near the entrance to Tower of Terror but we like the one that offers freshly made burgers. Think it’s called Katies Kitchen.

ETA Its actually called Rosie’s All American.

Last edited:

Right now Brown Derby Lounge is only serving drinks, not sure if they will go back to small plates or not. But, Brown Derby itself, if our fav. at HS for TS. We aren't huge QS fans but we have eaten at Ronto Roasters and Docking Bay 7 and it was o.k.

AK - if it's for TS, we love Tiffins not your normal stuff but not too exotic and good atmosphere. Bonus, you can get small plates at Nomad Lounge if you want a smaller meal. I'm not the huge fan of Satuli's Canteen in Pandora as most people are. It's o.k. but given the choice of that and Nomad Lounge, Nomad Lounge is going to win every time for us. A lot of people like Flame Tree BBQ, we have tried it but we are from Georgia so BBQ is sort of our thing and we are kind of picky about it.

Right now Brown Derby Lounge is only serving drinks, not sure if they will go back to small plates or not. But, Brown Derby itself, if our fav. at HS for TS. We aren't huge QS fans but we have eaten at Ronto Roasters and Docking Bay 7 and it was o.k.

AK - if it's for TS, we love Tiffins not your normal stuff but not too exotic and good atmosphere. Bonus, you can get small plates at Nomad Lounge if you want a smaller meal. I'm not the huge fan of Satuli's Canteen in Pandora as most people are. It's o.k. but given the choice of that and Nomad Lounge, Nomad Lounge is going to win every time for us. A lot of people like Flame Tree BBQ, we have tried it but we are from Georgia so BBQ is sort of our thing and we are kind of picky about it.

Interested in trying some things from Docking Bay 7, but wanted to hear reviews. For AK, we may try the Nomad Lounge. In the past, We've ate at Flame Tree and didn't mind it. But, interested in checking out the newer things. (I agree about being picky about certain things. I feel that if it is something that I know that I cook better myself or if it is something that I can eat anywhere, I'd rather try something else.)

Last edited:
I'm sure I'll be disagreed with, but I absolutely love Sci Fi at DHS. Their Donut dessert is one of my splurges each time we visit. 50's Prime Time is also pretty tasty. At Animal Kingdom, Tusker House is getting ready to reopen. As far as counter service goes, I really enjoyed Docking Bay 7 inside Galaxy's Edge. It had different foods other than just your stand burgers, chicken nuggets, and pizza. I, too, hear good things about Woody's Lunchbox, but the seating looks like a nightmare to me. I don't think you can go wrong with the counter service inside Pandora. Everything I've had there, I've enjoyed.

I agree that 50's prime time was pretty good the last time that I was there. I also want to find healthier options that differ from the bk burgers, nuggets and grilled cheese. lol

Thanks all... we are going in August. Hopefully, more food areas will open up. We will be traveling with our 4 year old. She was 2 the last time we were there, so she doesn't remember it. It's like a first visit all over again. lol

I wasn't sure if I should just do the QS in HS. But, was thinking of Hollywood and Vine - if they are still doing the Disney Jr characters.

I agree that 50's prime time was pretty good the last time that I was there. I also want to find healthier options that differ from the bk burgers, nuggets and grilled cheese. lol
Give Docking Bay 7 a try. I'm not vegetarian or vegan, but I had the vegan option there with vegan "meat"balls, hummus, and vegetables and it was so tasty! Backlot Express also offers it as well as a pretty good southwest salad that was quite filling with enough protein to keep me full until dinner. Sci Fi has a meatless crab cake that I was very pleased with, but really no truly healthy options so maybe skip that. ABC Commissary has a Mediterranean salad that is the same as the one I had at Cosmic Ray's and that was quite good - I didn't even need to add chicken to it to feel satisfied. The curry rice bowl at ABC Commissary is also full of flavor. Satu'li Canteen at Animal Kingdom has these bowls that are so good and you can easily customize them to make them as healthy as you like as you select your protein, grain, and sauce. I haven't had a bad bowl there.

We like 50's PT at HS. I had started to like ABC, but they've changed the menu for now and my family wouldn't like anything there.
AK I love Satuli Canteen. I like the bowls. Last trip I tried the shrimp and oh it was so good! And I love the blueberry mousse dessert. The rest of my family prefers Flame Tree. And our AK day we always go to Sanaa at AKL for lunch, it's DD's absolute favorite, especially when we get a table right by the window:)

AK - Yak & Yeti restaurant. We liked it a lot and the kids loved it even more. They gave up a second floor corner window overlooking the park and it was awesome. Food was good and service was excellent. Good price point as well. Think Pei Wei but with other options.

AK - Flame Tree BBQ is decent and worth trying out in my opinion.
Rainforest Cafe is probably the worst place to eat there -- or anywhere.

HS - We haven't been to GE yet but looking at trying Docking Bay 7 --- Toy Story wasn't open when we went so want to try Woody's Lunchbox. Heard great things. We enjoyed Sci Fi Drive In and we like 50 PT as well.

Last edited:
HS

- We ate at the Brown Derby on our recent trip. Enjoyed the change of pace and all the items were really good!
- We usually go with Prime Time - I think the food is good yet average southern food. Super fun experience if you get a waiter that is in character
- Sci Fi - havent been in a while but definitely a fun experience. Was my favorite as a kid! Reviews on the food have been better recently
- Woodys Lunch Box - snagged a mobile order for totchos in the early afternoon. They were surprisingly delicious! Dont worry about seating here. CMs keep everyone out of the seating to make sure only those who have orders that are ready in.

AK

- We consistently enjoy Yak & Yeti - both Table service and quick service! Huge menu at the table service. Quality food all around.
- Flame Tree BBQ was our staple growing up. Got tired of it, so didnt go for a while. Went on this past trip and got the BBQ mac and cheese bowl and it was probably the best meal we had all trip! Would be great to split as a snack too!

We leave in 3 days and everyone raves about Woody's Lunchbox at Hollywood Studios (Quickservice). We plan to hit that up when we're there next week

I'm not sure if their menu changed since we last try it, but we weren't impressed. My main issue with this place was the outdoor seating is extremely hot and their tiny umbrellas offered very little relief. Given that, I was surprised to find that much of their menu were hot meal items. Food itself was okay, but not a first choice on a hot sunny day.

AK has a lot of great options, but our favorite has been Nomad's Lounge. They don't take reservations, but you can put your name on a walk up or online wait list. We love the food and drinks here and being able to sit outside on a cozy patio right next to the water. The cavalcade boats came by about every 15 minutes or so when we were there in April. And while the adult menu has mainly appetizer type foods there is plenty of it and they do serve full kid's meals.

HS is our least favorite park for dining options, but Ronto's Roasters was surprisingly good. I think they have short hours though so we missed them last trip. For TS Hollywood Brown Derby is our usual pick. Sci-Fi is good as well, but I haven't been able to score an ADR here the past few years.

AK - love Satu'Li for noon. Flametree or Yak & Yeti are also very good. Nomad lounge is a great break.
HS - enjoyed Docking Bay 7 and HBD. Haven't tried Ronto roasters or Woodys Lunchbox. Otherwise not a real fan of the other CS options. The Dis had a recent review of ABC Commissary and said it was much better (hard not to be).

Thank you all for the tips & updates! My ADR window opens on 6/8, so I'm trying to have a list ready.

Studios - Ronto Roasters and Docking Bay 7, the 2 restaurants in Galaxy's Edge, are great. Woody's Lunchbox has good snacks but I wouldn't go there as my main meal of the day. Same with Baseline Taphouse. For a table service meal, I think Brown Derby is two steps above any other restaurant in the park, and I go there once per trip. I will go to the other places if people want to, but Brown Derby is the best.

Animal Kingdom - I still like Satuli Canteen, although I think people who go more often than I do have started to migrate away from it, since the menu hasn't changed in years. Flame Tree BBQ and Tiffins are my next two choices. I rarely eat table service here because it's almost always a half day park. Another tip - animals are most active early in the morning.

Hollywood Brown Derby is good, although we haven't been there for years. Thinking about doing a lunch this upcoming trip, but not sure how to work it if we get a Boarding Group. We like Flame Tree at AK, and I believe Tusker House is opening/opened popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter