Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Disneyland

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• Total voters
I applied but didn’t make to round 2 for the DCL section. I was thinking that since they allow you to pick which question you want to answer that maybe the question you pick automatically gets you out of the running. I have a hard time believing that they read through all the entries, but they instead look at all the applicants that answered question #2 for WDW or question #3 for DVC for example. It’s got to be really hard to decide who to pick to go onto round 2 since there are so many Disney fans and know the ins and outs of planning a Disney vacation. Congratulations to all who are moving on to the next round!!

I keep racking my brain about what they could be asking us for in the video. I have watched a few video from past applicants a d I don’t know if that is a good thing to bad thing. Some are so elaborate. I look at them and think “I can’t do that!” But my husband reminds me that if they were looking for a marketing executive, that is what they would have been hiring for. They are looking for normal people.
Your husband is right! I've seen sample videos too, and you're right--some of them are super over the top; however, from what I've seen reported in the FB group, there are plenty of panelists who were chosen after submitting a video where they just sat and filmed against a plain background and answered the question. I think the best advice for the whole process is to have fun, be yourself, and don't overthink it!

Ok everyone I am a little worried. There is a video question that is very similar to a question from R1. I am most comfortable with this prompt as it is my most unique answer and where I am at most ease. My personality will show through here where as the other questions I feel I will be visible nervous and less comfortable. But my question is, are the rounds separate? I hate to feel like it is a “trick” to see if you pick the similar question. Y’all, I shouldn’t be up at 4:30am stressing about this!!!

Not really interested. Surveys where people are randomly chosen provide the best cross-section of input. Some of the prior descriptions of the selection process sounds like you are trying out for a game show. If all they are trying to do is find people with over-the-top enthusiasm for Disney, not sure what that will accomplish.

Ok everyone I am a little worried. There is a video question that is very similar to a question from R1. I am most comfortable with this prompt as it is my most unique answer and where I am at most ease. My personality will show through here where as the other questions I feel I will be visible nervous and less comfortable. But my question is, are the rounds separate? I hate to feel like it is a “trick” to see if you pick the similar question. Y’all, I shouldn’t be up at 4:30am stressing about this!!!
I don't think the rounds are really separate, but I also don't think that there is a "trick" question aspect to the process. From everything I've read, including input from current and former panelists, you're really probably best off if you choose the question that "speaks to you" the most. The point of the videos is for them to see your personality!

Not really interested. Surveys where people are randomly chosen provide the best cross-section of input. Some of the prior descriptions of the selection process sounds like you are trying out for a game show. If all they are trying to do is find people with over-the-top enthusiasm for Disney, not sure what that will accomplish.
Well, it's good that you're not interested, since they are no longer accepting submissions! :)

@Panikim I had the same freak-out with my bf last night lol. Ultimately, we don’t know, so just do what feels right to you. Maybe someone completely different will be reviewing our phase 2 apps, and they’ll have no clue what we said in phase 1. Maybe it’ll be the same people or they’ll have access to what we said in Phase 1. It’s so nerve-wracking not to know more about the selection criteria, but the good news is that nobody else does either! I would just do what you think showcases why you’re such a great pick, and then know at least you did everything you could if it doesn’t work out this year. I know that that’s easier said than done, though! Like I said, I’ve don’t plenty of panicking since this whole process started haha. Good luck!!

Well it is official. Spent the last two days recording pieces and last night editing, all for my husband to look at it and say “looks like you are trying to hard and it doesn’t look or sound like me.” I tried to explain how hard this was, not know what they are looking for while still trying to just be yourself. I ask him for suggestions. I mean does he want me to just throw my hair up in a messy bun, put on some joggers and an old race tshirt and ramble about Disney like I could do? You can’t make a 1 minute video from a prompt that way. Of course it looks scripted. I am so confused about what I doing now. I am not sure if I am gonna finish it or not.

Ugh sorry to hear that. You’ve made it so far already, though! They keep emphasizing how big the cut was to get to phase 2. Have you watched any of the planDisney videos online? A lot of them are SUPER scripted. As long as your personality is coming through somehow, like through your answer, I really don’t think they’ll knock anyone for having a script.

Well it is official. Spent the last two days recording pieces and last night editing, all for my husband to look at it and say “looks like you are trying to hard and it doesn’t look or sound like me.” I tried to explain how hard this was, not know what they are looking for while still trying to just be yourself. I ask him for suggestions. I mean does he want me to just throw my hair up in a messy bun, put on some joggers and an old race tshirt and ramble about Disney like I could do? You can’t make a 1 minute video from a prompt that way. Of course it looks scripted. I am so confused about what I doing now. I am not sure if I am gonna finish it or not.
DEFINITELY finish!! You have nothing to lose by trying. I just submitted my video this afternoon, and it was scripted, but what I found to be helpful in terms of my delivery not sounding stilted was that I imagined that one of my really good friends (literally, a specific person--not just "a friend" in theory) had asked me the same question, and I was answering her. My video from 2019 was super cheesy and scripted, and I realized that I seemed stiff, but I couldn't get it to come off any other way. This time, I did go for my natural look, but you really can't NOT have a script--it's impossible to get all of your points across in under 60 secs if you don't plan.

I also agree with @tiana1989--it's helpful to go look at some of the planDisney videos by the current panelists. I specifically looked a the DVC ones, bc that is my specialty area, but really, watching any of them can be helpful, b/c it gives you a feel for how the current panelists look and sound.

Well it’s submitted. After and number of reshoots that I am too embarrassed to mention, and finally just giving up and recording with the front half of my hair done in the middle of the night with my dogs staring at me, I think I am happiest with the results. Hate to admit it but I definitely like it more than the one my husband hated and I liked. Now it is time to wait and see what comes next. Any idea how long until the next round of emails if you are selected?

Well it’s submitted. After and number of reshoots that I am too embarrassed to mention, and finally just giving up and recording with the front half of my hair done in the middle of the night with my dogs staring at me, I think I am happiest with the results. Hate to admit it but I definitely like it more than the one my husband hated and I liked. Now it is time to wait and see what comes next. Any idea how long until the next round of emails if you are selected?
Congratulations! You're done! :) In 2019, submissions were due on 10/9, and we got notified on 10/16. I think I saw someone say that in 2018, it was 8 days from R2 due date to the R3 notifications.

For round 2, I just recorded in one straight sitting my response to their question. No editing, but I let my personality and love for WDW shine.

Do people really edit their videos before submitting? Now I'm thinking I didn't do enough! Lol

For round 2, I just recorded in one straight sitting my response to their question. No editing, but I let my personality and love for WDW shine.

Do people really edit their videos before submitting? Now I'm thinking I didn't do enough! Lol
I think there is a wide range of what people submit, but there are plenty of current and past panelists who report just recording straight through with no edits and no thrills while sitting on their couch, and that obviously worked for them! I think being yourself is the most important part. Best of luck!

I wanted to do that but I knew my brain couldn’t function that way and keep track of what I was gonna say without stumbling over my words. I opted to edit together that way I could ensure that I could enunciate and not be garbled. But I think it is about knowing yourself and letting your personality shine through, regardless of the style of recording.

I had to practice just to time it out and make sure I stayed under a minute. But actually the biggest hiccup for me was when I reread the instructions before uploading and noticed the 50 mb limit. My clip was somehow 150!! I had to Google how to compress it lol. Also, I double checked the instructions, and it said phase 3 notifications will go out late October/early December. It seems like we’re about one week behind past years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter