Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Disneyland

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• Total voters
Also, for those of you who have applied before, do they change the questions each year? I kinda feel like I’ve been giving the best, most genuine answers I can give. Obviously if I don’t get picked then they’re not what it takes, but I’m also like shoot, so what am I supposed to say when I apply again next year? 😂

I had to practice just to time it out and make sure I stayed under a minute. But actually the biggest hiccup for me was when I reread the instructions before uploading and noticed the 50 mb limit. My clip was somehow 150!! I had to Google how to compress it lol. Also, I double checked the instructions, and it said phase 3 notifications will go out late October/early December. It seems like we’re about one week behind past years.
I saw the 50mb on Thursday and was worried about that the whole time I was recording too. I really hope they aren’t too far behind years past (even though this is my first year). My nerves can’t take too much more. I just want to know one way or another.

Just one week, I think. So our timeline will be the same. It’s just I’ve seen elsewhere that the deadlines in prior years were a little earlier than ours have been. I don’t think the actual selection process itself is taking longer. It makes me super curious though how many people they have getting through all these videos to do it in 8 days or whatever.

Also, for those of you who have applied before, do they change the questions each year? I kinda feel like I’ve been giving the best, most genuine answers I can give. Obviously if I don’t get picked then they’re not what it takes, but I’m also like shoot, so what am I supposed to say when I apply again next year? 😂
I've applied 5 times (at least???) and moved on to R2 twice--this being the second time. Questions from this year are almost identical to 2019. I think I would have felt the same way you do if you had asked me in 2019, but then this year, when I went back and looked at my 2019 answers, I definitely had a different approach this year. You never know what you might learn or how you might change from year to year!

Ugh so I’m torn. On the one hand, the waiting is killing me. On the other, I keep thinking of things I don’t like about my answers/video and becoming more convinced there’s no way I’m advancing to the next round, so at least right now I can enjoy still being in the running because the rejection hasn’t come yet. Ignorance is bliss! 😂

Ugh so I’m torn. On the one hand, the waiting is killing me. On the other, I keep thinking of things I don’t like about my answers/video and becoming more convinced there’s no way I’m advancing to the next round, so at least right now I can enjoy still being in the running because the rejection hasn’t come yet. Ignorance is bliss! 😂
I’m dying and am doing the same thing. As much as I want to believe I have a shot to move forward, I am second guessing everything after looking at other videos. So yea, I am living in blissful ignorance with a hint of nausea!

I can’t believe we haven’t heard yet (based on other years). My heart stops every time I get a new email alert haha. But I just had a coworker try to schedule a meeting for the week of the training, and I had to come up with an awkward I don’t know I might have something going on so I didn’t have to be like “so funny story, there’s this Disney panel that’s impossible to get on, so I’m 99.9% sure I won’t get selected but in the off chance I do, I need to be available for a training that week.” 😂

I'm surprised, too, that we haven't heard yet, though i guess we can just chock it up to another thing that's different this year!

Yeah, I’m thinking maybe they have fewer people reviewing, or more people applied this year since it wasn’t open last year so they advanced a bigger pool to the next round. The instructions did say late October/early November, so this could go into next week. Sigh…

Yeah, I’m thinking maybe they have fewer people reviewing, or more people applied this year since it wasn’t open last year so they advanced a bigger pool to the next round. The instructions did say late October/early November, so this could go into next week. Sigh…
Agreed on all points. I had actually been doing a really good job of not even thinking about it until yesterday. Now? Not so much. Lol

Yep. Honestly I’m having a horrible day, so I don’t think I want to hear from them today anyway lol. I’m at the airport (en route to Oogie Boogie Bash!!), and my flight has been so delayed that we’re missing our connection and might not be able to get in tonight. I can’t take a planDisney rejection on top of this. 😂😂😂

But yeah, I figured we’d hear around noon EST since we did last time, although there’s no reason for that to be the case haha. I’ve been stalking my email each day between 12 and 12:30. 😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter