Planners for 2008 - Join me here! UPDATE - List in OP!!!

I'm in!

Not dates yet (DH will be changing jobs soon and we have to wait and see when he can get time off). However we'd like to go the week right before or right after Thanksgiving in '08.

This will be the first No Kids trip we've taken since we had kids! Planning to stay at POR again :love:.

Boy it's going to be a long wait....Thank God for the DIS!

Haven't posted in awhile because I was to depressed over canceling our past November 2006 trip. But talked to DH last night and we want to suprise our DS 16 with a trip around his birthday to AKL. His b-day is Feb 14th, Yep a Valentine baby and he has never been for his birthday even though the rest of the family has spent atleast one b-day in WDW. He is a HUGE Disney fan and is planning what he thinks is his baby sisters first WDW trip in 2009 but we are going to suprise him next Feb and pull him out of school and just go. :banana: :banana: We are looking at Feb 10th through Feb 15th. Our plans now are for AKL if we can swing it but CSR if not. We will also be doing the dining package and 6 day PH passes. party:

Well I am happy to find you guys and add us to the group. DH has always been kind of blah on Disney but this past November DS was chosen as part of a large group to go on a trip to Disney. We ALL loved the trip, and DH has said that if we ever won the lottery we would spend a good chunk of the year in Disney. :rotfl: So he is a convert. We had wanted to go back this year but because DH wants to stay in the Dolphin instead of Pop and do a few things extra we are waiting until 08... more time to save right?
We are planning to go either the 2nd or 4th week in November or the 2nd week in December. Our main goal is to be there in a slower time, and that sometime during our stay we can see the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. The kids are already very very excited. They are loving the planning. The only definate thing we have decided is one day DS and DH are going on a fishing trip while DD & I do the princess thing. princess: Pretty sure we will stay at the Dolphin again ... maybe the Swan. Staying between 7 and 10 days (10 if we can swing it lol). Also going to try for a limo ride from the airport to the hotel think the kids would get a big kick out of that. :)
We probably will not go again after that until 2010 and that will be for DD's hs graduation. So gotta make the most of this trip!

We just got back from a trip to WDW for DD's gymnastic meet at WWoS and are tentatively planning one for next year same time (for the same meet - great excuse to go down).

Dates: Thurs before Sanddollar to Sat after (10 days), so 3rd week Jan
Resort: AKL or WL
Tickets: 7 day hopper plusses (a few days will be tied up with gymnastics, and want some resort and DTD time)
Dining Plan: probably
Transportation: Fly down, rental car (will NEVER go without rental car again!)

I plan to book it with a big down payment now and pay it off over the next year.

Anyone know when the 2008 package rates may come out? Summer?

Allyson :)

I'll join :) I'm new to reading and posting on DIS (though I joined a while ago). In any case, we took our first ever trip Sept. '06 and were planning on going back Feb. 2010 but none of us wanted to wait that long so we're planning on Jan. 2008 which is 3 weeks before the youngest turns 3.

dates: mid-January
resort: Polynesian at request of my oldest DD
dining plan: not this time, don't want as many ADRs
tickets: 7 day park hoppers for DH and DD and looking at an AP for me
transportation: fly, DME, rent car on property

June of 2008 for us - this is the only place that I can admit that - everyone else thinks I am crazy for planning so far ahead!!

dates: Sept 22-28
resort: Not sure, depends on what I decide after staying at my final moderate this year
dining plan: OH YAH!! Love love love (I'm soo in love) with the DDP
tickets: 7 day park hopper plus passes
transportation: fly down, DME, WDW busses

Welcome aboard to those who have joined us here: MissMichelle, McKelly, tarazandra, and jlw29;16595871 (hope I didn't miss anhyone!)!! :cheer2:

Transportation: Fly down, rental car (will NEVER go without rental car again!)

Just curious...is that because of the competition and getting back and forth to WWoS?

I'll join :) I'm new to reading and posting on DIS (though I joined a while ago).

If you thought reading was addictive, the posting addiction is far worse...I made veteran in less than a year, LOL!

You know, I think that's partly why I wanted to go back, so I could plan some more! LOL

June of 2008 for us - this is the only place that I can admit that - everyone else thinks I am crazy for planning so far ahead!!

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: to tarazandra and McKelly!!!

Dates: March 13th - 23rd
Resort: All Star Movies
Dining plan: Yep!
Tickets: 10 day. No hopping.
Transportation: Fly Southwest, use DME, use Disney transportation.

Can't wait to go!!!!

Add us to the coundown as well!!!! :cool1: We just got back from our first trip this past Jan-5-11. We want to go back again next year Jan again. We are officially hooked! I am watching these boards again to find out when to book. We went through AAA last year and I wasn't completely satisfied. So I am going to try on my own. I just hate that I have to wait so long to book for January. Everything I've seen makes it seem like I can't book package till August! Please advise for those of us who travel in January.

Thanks!!!!!!! Can't wait!:woohoo: :dance3: :woohoo:

Count me in!! I can't wait! We're taking my DF and her 3 children with us (they've never been) and I'm driving her crazy cuz I keep calling her with info and stuff. I found some travel toothbrushes at the Dollar Store and I called her to tell her and she just laughed at me!:rotfl:

We're planning on going in 2008 but we're not sure when. Dh has expressed a sincere interest in going to see the Christmas decorations but I love January. With baby due in October I think maybe we will bypass the winter trip and hold off until December. I've already told DH if I have to wait than I plan on staying at the Poly;) .

I hope to be going in either January or at Easter of 2008...
Staying in the Contemporary for 2 weeks!
It's a year away but already I'm excited!

Hi everyone! Just set our dates for our 2008 trip. My parents are taking my sister and I and our DH's to celebrate dad's retirement and we can't wait!!!

Dates: August 2-9
Resort: Pop Century or a moderate. I'm leaning towards POFQ because it's one of the moderates we haven't stayed at yet.
Dining plan: Yep!
Tickets: 5 day hopper with water park option
Transportation: Flying, hopefully Jet Blue because I love that airline!, DME, and Disney buses

Add me to the list of 2008 planning. We went in April of 2006 when I was 5 months pregnant. It was my DS's first trip. I have been wanting to go back since then. We decided today with our neighbors, our best friends, that we would all go for Mardi Gras next year. Since it is the first week of February next year, the crowds should be sparse (at least I hope). I was actually surprised that mu hubby said okay since we were planning a WDW trip with my parents and siblings for Mardi Gras 2009. I can't complain. I get to go an extra time.

Dates: February 2-8/9
Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Dining Plan: ABSOLUTELY!!!
Tickets: Probably a 5 or 6 day PH
Transportation: Fly, DME, WDW bus

Less than a year baby!!!!!

Hi all! I am new here and just thought that I would post a reply to this thread as we are planning our FIRST ever trip to DW in September 2008!! It will be me, hubby, two dd's, dh's mother, and dh's sister. I have been bugging dh for awhile now about going and after sitting down with him and showing estimated costs and such HE AGREED!!!! :banana: I hope that everyone bears with me if I ask some stupid questions.

So as of now this is the plan
Trip: September 2008
Resort: All Star Music (family suite)
Tickets: 6 days
Travel: Driving from Maryland
Gosh, I hope I did that right!!

Woohoo! Can't wait! DF has never been to disney, and I have been once when I was 8, and then again a few years ago with mom and sis - but only for 1/2 day at MK, Seaworld, and Discovery Cove. Just enough to get me in a Disney craze and make me want to go back sooooooo bad! I have been driving DF nuts with all my planning (but I've saved us about $1500, so he should be thankful!). I just tell him, with all the stress in my life right now, disney planning is my happy place.
Anyway....

dates: January 6-19 2008 for our honeymoon!
resort: Pop Century (or CSR depending on the AP discount)
dining plan: no, getting AP so will get DDE
tickets: a 10 park hopper and an AP, plus water park tickets for both of us; also going to those "other" parks - USO/IoA, SeaWorld, and Discovery Cove; and also going to Cirque and the Blue Man Group. We're also considering other things like Richard Petty Driving Experience. We'll see!
transportation: fly down, DME, WDW busses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter