• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help with a point question

tinkerbell423

Mouseketeer
Hi I am hoping someone can tell me if the following situation is "doable" and how to go about it. We are going to WDW in Oct-Nov. Our family (12 in all)has a grand villa at SSR (using most of my mother in laws points). My brother in law recently decided to come along. We are trying to figure out the best way to fit him into the trip. My husband and I have points but they are not available to boworrow untill Feb. We were wondering if we could post on the rent/trade board and trade points with someone. We could use their points for the Oct trip and return them. I know you are only allowed to transfer point in or out during the use year but not both. We could have the point transfered to my mother in laws account if need be. Will this work. Has anyone ever traded point before? I was wondering how hard it was to find someone willing to do this.
Thanks for your help
Carrie

you get only one transfer a year, either in or out.

therefore, you'd need to find someone willing to transfer points to you this year and trust that you will use your only transfer for them next year.

that's going to be a tough one...

you're probably better off renting the points outright if there is still availability for your oct-nov dates, and then renting your points next year to make up for it.

Oct/Nov is going to be a pretty tough ressie at this point. You might consider checking for rooms available on cash. Those may be easier to get and you might snag one with the DVC discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter