Please post your experiences at a I95 hotel

OKW91, I had forgotten how awful that Days Inn was in Selma, NC - we stopped there in December 1993 - never again. Guess some things never change.

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! Someone else who had the sad misfortune of spending the night in Emporia, VA... The whole town was creepy - let alone the hotels! My son-in-law decided we'd spend the night there on on way back from WDW although I had begged him to stop before we crossed the line into VA.

I can't remember if it was the Hampton we stayed at but it was bad, bad, BAD.. I think he paid $65 a night and I was never so scared in my life.. We were on the ground floor and I kid you not when I tell you that the room next-door to ours didn't even have a DOOR HANDLE!! He and my DD slept in the bed closest to the door (which I shoved a chair in front of after he went to sleep) and I laid all night in the other bed - with my 3 yr. old granddaughter in my arms - and didn't sleep a wink.. Doors slamming, people banging things around, sirens, tractor-trailer trucks - you name it.. The other night I was watching one of those real cop shows and they arrrested this murderer in Emporia, VA and I SWEAR it looked just like the hotel room WE were in!!

DO NOT STOP IN EMPORIA - KEEP RIGHT ON GOING!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D Please forgive me for laughing, C. Ann, I know it must have been terrible and maybe my mood is a little off this morning, but:

You just gave me the wonderful picture of how I think Lucille Ball would have acted in "I Love Lucy" if she and Ricky had spent the night in a dive like the hotel you described in Emporia! :D :D :D

I can just see you with your red hair in curlers shoving a chair up under the door handle while Ricky sleeps soundly and happily in the next bed, then clutching little Ricky with your eyes wide open and bugging out at the sounds we hear offstage.

So Lucy, I mean C. Ann, turns on the TV to try and relax and there's a news bulletin about a hostage situation or an escaped convict and the reporter is standing outside of what appears to be the very same hotel THEY'RE staying in! Can you hear the audience laughter? I can! Can you hear Lucy screaming "Ricky!! Ricky!!" and him jumping up disheaveled, screaming sleepily back; "Wha?...Wha?" :D

I really sorry.....just got a chuckle when you mentioned, breathlessly; "The other night I was watching one of those real cop shows and they arrrested this murderer in Emporia, VA and I SWEAR it looked just like the hotel room WE were in!!" It just sent my mind reeling off on a tangent of "What would Lucy do?"

I apologize. My mind entertains me at the most inopportune moments. I know it was probably heartstopping for you.

No problem.. I've actually chuckled about it since then myself and have told my son-in-law that I will NEVER go on vacation with him again.. When he asked why I simply replied, "Let's just say you're not very good vacation material.."

Was telling another friend about it and she said, "Oh no! He checked you into a hooker hotel??" I thought I'd fall on the floor laughing but quite frankly, I could see this place renting by the "hour" as opposed to by the night..

By the way, the biggest event in Emporia appears to be the "Peanut Festival".. Does that tell you anything? KEEP ON GOING....

Excellent Lucy/Ricky scenario - you should be a screenwriter!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter