Podcast Cruise: Is it a good deal?

The other benefit or perk to the Podcast cruise is that you will be able to attend any of the Podcast events. While I realize that none of that has been announced, I would hope that you see a pattern of quality from the Podcast events and prizes.

As soon as we are able to make firm plans, we will start making announcements....or torture y'all with cryptic hints.:rotfl:

All I can tell you is that the planing that is going into this cruise is amazing. As the days go by...things are being put into place that should make everyone very happy that they are involved.

I apologize for being vague....but I would be killed for spilling secrets.:rotfl:
Hope this helps.

Kevin

Prizes... hehe :hyper: He said "prizes..." :hyper: hehe.... There may be prizes....:hyper::hyper:

Disney Cruise Line works on a tier pricing system.

As the percentage of available space fills, the pricing moves to the next tier. As the tier changes, the price increases.

Dreams Unlimited Travel is holding group space at the lowest tier. This is the lowest prcing available.

In addition, DU is offering a ship board credit for this cruise. This is not something that is usually offered.

Disney Cruise Line does not allow anyone to discount their product. No travel agency is ever allowed to run a "sale" on a DCL cruise. They can offer group space or a ship board credit, but they are not allowed to offer a different price structure that that of DCL.

When comparing the DU group space to the pricing offered by DCL, please keep in mind that $200 (approx.) is a substantial saving already. You will notice a greater savings as the tier changes and the price increases.

Also...please keep in mind that DU holds a limited amount of group space. The pricing being offered is not an endless promotion. When the group space is filled, even the DU price will increase.

The other benefit or perk to the Podcast cruise is that you will be able to attend any of the Podcast events. While I realize that none of that has been announced, I would hope that you see a pattern of quality from the Podcast events and prizes.

We are unable to announce any of the planned activities as they are not yet set in stone. Disney Cruise Line will not allow us to make any firm plans until we get a bit closer to the sail date. As soon as we are able to make firm plans, we will start making announcements....or torture y'all with cryptic hints.:rotfl:

All I can tell you is that the planing that is going into this cruise is amazing. As the days go by...things are being put into place that should make everyone very happy that they are involved.

I apologize for being vague....but I would be killed for spilling secrets.:rotfl:

If you have any questions, you can write to Tracy at Tracy@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com. She will be happy to answer any and all questions regarding this cruise....except the secret stuff we're planning. (Dont think I dont know what your thinking....:lmao: )

Hope this helps.
Kevin

Okay. If you can't tell us what you are doing, can you give us a hint as to when you will know what we are doing? Am we going to have to wait until January of '09? DH is just thrilled that I could get talked into going on a cruise. He's wanted to do one for awhile, and I've been chicken.

Okay. If you can't tell us what you are doing, can you give us a hint as to when you will know what we are doing? Am we going to have to wait until January of '09? DH is just thrilled that I could get talked into going on a cruise. He's wanted to do one for awhile, and I've been chicken.

I really cant as it is just to far out to get any commitment from DCL.

While they are happpy that we are all going, they are not nearly as excited and anxious as we are. They have 14 months of ships full of happy, excited, anxious guests to handle before they get to us.

We can not reserve public space on the ship, make plans, ask for anything or really even ask questions for many months.

Making any kind of announcement...even what we'd LIKE to do....would be very premature at this point.

This isnt us trying to be "cute".....we just cant get information regarding a cruise in May 2009 for quite a while.

Once we can start doing that.....information will be forthcoming.

Kevin

To someone who has never cruised before and won't know any better, what are the biggest differences between DCL and a Royal Caribbean cruise?
I can only speak about what I know - we've only done 3 Disney cruises and haven't sailed any other lines yet but I understand that Disney's staterooms are 30% larger than industry standard. Also, except for category 11 and 12, the staterooms have split bathrooms (bath and a half) - also, the bathrooms have tubs, not just showers. Disney children programming cannot be beat - I believe it was #1 in the last Conde-Nast awards. And if you are a true Disney fan, the evening shows cannot be be beat. There is of course, the characters, which aren't available anywhere else. Disney movies are available onboard at the movie theater and if a new Disney (or Disney-owned) movie is being premiered on land, it is also premiered on the ship the same day. There is also Disney's rotational dining which is unique to Disney and is just awesome! And of course, there is Castaway Cay!!!

DH and I are doing a RC in Oct of this year on the Freedom of the Seas so when we get back, I'll do a comparison - RCCL vs DCL, my opinion, of course ;)

if my DBF wasn't going to be in flippin Italy for the semester, I'd book in a heartbeat! Of course being a CM, I can get the cruise for 3-400 dollars, but then I wouldn't get all the fun parties!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter