Podcast Team Helping Me Through a Rough Time

rlduvall

DIS Veteran
I was inspired by Torontogal's thread about the Podcast Team helping her through a difficult time with her father. My precious 65 year old mother was diagnosed with lung cancer 21 months ago. She did wonderful until about 3-4 weeks ago. She went downhill fast and while traveling to and from her home to take care of her, I too listened to the Podcast for escapism. Though my heart was aching, I was able to escape the sorrow and actually laugh at the Podcast's antics - even if I felt a little guilty about it :) . I originally was going to attend the Podcast Meet on 12/13, but cancelled - and even though it was the right thing to do, I was very sad to miss out on such a wonderful occasion. I am not an overly demonstrative individual and I don't get close to many people, but for some strange reason I feel a closeness to the Podcasters even though I have never met them. (I promise I'm harmless :goodvibes )

Unfortunately, my mother passed away on 12/6. In order to not let this post become too sad and morbid, I won't go into all of the weather difficulties we have experienced in Oklahoma since then that affected my necessary closure. I guess my long-winded point is that by listening to the old Podcasts, I have been able to readjust my point of view and focus on the positives of life. Mom would have wanted it that way.

Keep up the good work . . . and Torontogal, my thoughts and prayers are with you. It's a horrible feeling to lose a parent. :flower3:

My heartfelt sympathy for your loss. I understand how the Podsquad can help you escape for a little bit, I find listening to be my weekly 'therapy'.
Being from Kansas, I know what you are going through 'weatherwise'. It's been very devastating for thousands of families, and now we have this new storm coming through, hopefully it won't be as devastating.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.....AND, I hope you will be able to attend a future 'meet and greet'.

Thank you rlduvall and I am sorry for your loss.
I appreciate your warm thoughts...

I just wanted to extend my heartfelt sympathies as well to Torontogal and rlduvall. I too had my mother pass away on Sept. 9th, and the Podcast has helped me so much to escape a little in a difficult time. I wanted to wish you both all the best, and continue to use the DIS and Podcast for escapes and support during this difficult time. Good luck over the holiday season.

I dont think any of us ever thought about things like this when we started doing this podcast. We weren't even sure if people would listen.

After talking to people at the meets and reading things like this, I am humbled to hear that there are benefits to our goofiness that we could have never imagined.

I can not express how wonderful it is to hear that we have helped in even the slightest way at such a difficult time. You have given us all a wonderful gift by letting us know. Thank you for that.

Please know that you will be in our holiday prayers and wishes.

Thank you again,
Kevin

I am sorry for the loss of your Mom :grouphug: I know I too am going through a bad time and the podcast is such a great thing to turn too to escape. I agree with you and am glad you reminded me of the gift they give us with the show. Thanks for being so thoughtful, even when your in pain yourself :goodvibes

i am so sorry about your mother.
it's so nice of you to share your positive thoughts with us.

and thanks for your idea - i will be undergoing major surgery next week, to be followed by a week in the hospital.
I'm going to borrow my son's old ipod and load it up with all the podcasts (there are many i've never had a chance to listen to)..

so hopefully, the podcasters and your idea will get me through the pain...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter