points for AKL next year

kel3420

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I called yesterday to cancel our cash ressies at AKL for a deluxe Savannah Room $298 for one night and questioned the reservation clerk on using DVC points for a savannah view instead, as I had heard that this was now an option instead of the dreaded "standard room" which gets you a parking lot or sometimes pool view.

She started off by telling me that although it cannot be guaranteed that you will receive a room with a good view, they will try very hard. I mentioned that since we were only spending one night there, before heading off to Vero for a week, we wanted to ensure a good view. She told me that the new points for AKL go into effect next year. It will work on "you pay for what you get" (her words, not mine). For example, if you want to use minimal points, you will get a standard room, for more points, a savannah view, for even more point, an even better guaranteed view, for even more points, conceirge.

I am planning our next trip for next year, even though we haven't even gone on this year's trip (which absolutely KILLS my hubbie, anyone else?) and it will be interesting to see the points we might need for our next trip as we are very interested in staying at AKL even once. Anyway, I just thought people might be interested in this info, if they already didn't know.

Best wishes,
Kelly

The points chart is posted on the member web page.....you can check it out there!

It's high...but IMO it wasn't worth booking AKL on points with no guarantee of view anyway.

Are you talking about the 2002 points? In my post, I was mentioning the fact that the points for different views will come about next year. I am aware of the "standard view" points for this year, as I stated. I just did a search for AKL points for 2002 and got the following message:

"Sorry, currently the points have not been determined for the year of your selected Resort. Please revise your date range or try again at a later time."

Are you pulling up something different. I would love to see the actual points for next year.

Do yourself a favor and take a look at the point charts. There are substantial increases over this year and you will pay even more for a guaranteed view. If the deep discounts they are offering this year continue, you will probably be better off paying cash. Points needed for a room approach the same amount as a two-bedroom. Unless you want to burn off some points, cash may be better.

Regular Savannah View ranges from 29-76 points per night.

Deluxe Savannah is 36-95 points per night and Concierge ranges from 44-113 points per night.

We stayed at AKL for opening week on points this past April. We were told we would get a deluxe savannah ( bigger room - floor 5 ) when booking it, but got only a savannah view when we checked in ( which was very good, but one floor lower) The CMs didn't know what was going on as the place was new... There was no graduated point system in place for AKL at the time. It was a lot of points for 5 days- about 65 per diem, but it was opening week. That's the only reason we did it...

You can get more mileage from your points staying at the DVC resorts, or the cruise line. Check the resort discussion board for the discount thread. You can usually get AKL at a discount unless it is peak season. I agree with PamOKW, unless you are looking to burn up some points, you are better off paying cash for this resort.

and pay cash instead. I just came back from a 7 days at AKL and got an AP rate of $189 per night. Its a fantastic resort...you're going to hate to leave!

Stayed at AKL in Deluxe Savannah in May before we became members. The room did not seem that much bigger & the only difference you get in deluxe vs regular is you're on the 5th floor. It was nice but I would take any Savannah view for the difference in points/money. In all the views, at some point in time you WILL see the animals. We never saw the ZEBRAS from our view but had giraffes eating outside our balcony 3 mornings. We had to go to the other side of the resort (the center portion) to see the zebras.

It is an AWESOME place and worth the stay especially if you're spending more time there (the pool is great) than in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter