Poll: How will the tower at the Polynesian Village Resort become part of DVC?

How will the tower at the Polynesian Village Resort become part of DVC?

• It will be declared into a new Poly Tower Association, presumably with resale restrictions

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • It will be declared into the existing PVB Association, presumably without resale restrictions

Votes: 73 60.8%
  • It will be declared into the new Palmetto Trust, presumably with resale restrictions

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • Other: Explain in your remarks

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
It 100% will have resale restrictions. The question will be are they extreme restrictions ie only staying at the tower or looser restrictions allowing you to stay at the original 14 resorts (which would be 2 when the contract ends).

The trust vs existing association vs new association.
My thoughts are it will be part of the existing association. I also don’t think Studios or bungalows at PVB will have any point changing as they will price the studios the same in the tower even though the accommodations are not equal (no extra shower). Just look at BPK vs studio at VGF as they are priced the same lagoon vs lake, standard vs standard).
In the same association, while it will cost the same for studios it does solve the issue of only having bungalows for families that already own at PVB. This is also great news for people that own resale at the O14 as it gives another larger option on the monorail loop.

No matter the situation our family is excited as we will now have a third option featuring an extra REAL bathroom when staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom room.
Would you put money on that?

I can't see them adding restrictions if it is same association. What a clusterF for owners new & old.

Also, this may be a stupid question that I'm afraid to ask (sorry), but I thought inventory is declared into the condominium property, not the association?

You are correct, and I have probably confused things by saying association.

In the case of PVB, the tower is not part of the current defined property so it would require the condo property boundaries to be amended if it wanted to make it part of that condo property. …similar to what had to happen with VGF with the BPK building.

But, the POS for current resorts seem to indicate thar they can add new units to the condo property but never sell those units at all.

This would allow them to just create a new vacation plan that has it under the trust association and have nonthing to do with the PVB association at all.

Last edited:
But, it could then be given its own vacation plan which is not the same one that was put in plat to sell PVB as a leasehold condominium.
@Sandisw , I know I keep coming back to this, but if this is what they do, what is the advantage of keeping it in the same association?

@Sandisw , I know I keep coming back to this, but if this is what they do, what is the advantage of keeping it in the same association?

There really isn’t…that is why the more I have read the statues, all the trust documents…several times..the PVB POS, and my own resort POS, I have shifted my thinking that they are not going to mix it.

I am not convinced, the documents, as written, allow units from the tower to be added to the declared as part of the leasehold condominium, and then added to the trust that way, with DVD selling access to those differently than the other PVB units.

And, as I mentioned, the fact that I can’t get DVC or anyone from DVD to discuss what was stated ar the meeting leads me to believe that this will be in the trust now and not part of PVB way, especially since we know they are committed to resale restections.

I just think Poly tower is too nice of a project to give those up easily. And, by adding to the trust in its entirety, and giving CFW trust use owners access at say 10 months, it will help sell CFW as well!

Interesting poll results, so far. And as always, great discussion points. I do feel bad, though, for the ardent supporters of the misdirected belief that the Poly Tower will be added to the legacy PVB resort and sold traditionally, without restrictions. I think y'all may have ingested just a wee too much pixie dust or your mouse ears are screwed on just a little too tightly. :)

DVD added resale restrictions to VDH and now CFW. There is no way they will pass on that chance with the Tower. And don't even bring up the fact that DVD didn't do so when they showed mercy and took over those empty hotel rooms at the Grand Floridian and slapped a little new paint and wallpaper on them. Not even close to being similar.

There really isn’t…that is why the more I have read the statues, all the trust documents…several times..the PVB POS, and my own resort POS, I have shifted my thinking that they are not going to mix it.

I am not convinced, the documents, as written, allow units from the tower to be added to the declared as part of the leasehold condominium, and then added to the trust that way, with DVD selling access to those differently than the other PVB units.

And, as I mentioned, the fact that I can’t get DVC or anyone from DVD to discuss what was stated ar the meeting leads me to believe that this will be in the trust now and not part of PVB way, especially since we know they are committed to resale restections.

I just think Poly tower is too nice of a project to give those up easily. And, by adding to the trust in its entirety, and giving CFW trust use owners access at say 10 months, it will help sell CFW as well!
Brilliant analysis. Couldn't agree with more. :worship:

This may be stating the obvious, but I didn’t see it mentioned in a search. Loop 200 of Fort Wilderness is called the “Palmetto Path.” I keep questioning the trust branding, but that seems to be the closest I can find. So, makes me think that maybe we are overthinking this… and maybe the trust is a specific nod to Fort Wilderness.

This may be stating the obvious, but I didn’t see it mentioned in a search. Loop 200 of Fort Wilderness is called the “Palmetto Path.” I keep questioning the trust branding, but that seems to be the closest I can find. So, makes me think that maybe we are overthinking this… and maybe the trust is a specific nod to Fort Wilderness.
Wait, what!?! Dis'ers overthinking something? Say it isn't so.......

But it's also a distinct possibility. I know that I have spent waaaaaay too much time thinking about it. But hey, it's fun to do.

Would you put money on that?

I can't see them adding restrictions if it is same association. What a clusterF for owners new & old.
Yes I would put money on it. They already have restrictions with Poly 1. Those who purchase poly 1 on the resale market save a lot of $$ but have restrictions in the fact that they can only stay in the O14 resorts of which it is apart of. The restrictions don’t really hurt people with a 2042 as they would have access to the O14 for the length of their contract. They really hurt people who own CCV and PVB (RIV is surprisingly less than PVB for studios) if they don’t have enough points at their home resort as they can no longer stretch points by staying elsewhere or in the case of CCV being up early if you are a studio family to fight the demand.

I certainly hope they will be apart of the association but no matter what they will have sort of restrictions for people who do not buy the contract directly from Disney unless they were grandfathered in on an older resale contract.

Yes I would put money on it. They already have restrictions with Poly 1. Those who purchase poly 1 on the resale market save a lot of $$ but have restrictions in the fact that they can only stay in the O14 resorts of which it is apart of. The restrictions don’t really hurt people with a 2042 as they would have access to the O14 for the length of their contract. They really hurt people who own CCV and PVB (RIV is surprisingly less than PVB for studios) if they don’t have enough points at their home resort as they can no longer stretch points by staying elsewhere or in the case of CCV being up early if you are a studio family to fight the demand.

I certainly hope they will be apart of the association but no matter what they will have sort of restrictions for people who do not buy the contract directly from Disney unless they were grandfathered in on an older resale contract.
Whoa, whoa, whoa… what restrictions are at Poly??
I don’t think that’s considered restrictions… restrictions are only at Riviera and VDH so far.

*edit*
I need to add, I’m not sure if I’m not following you or if you’re not understanding what restrictions are. I’m not the pro around here, so I’m definitely having trouble following what you’re saying. 2042, CCV, etc have no real bearing on the restrictions and if you count them as if they do, then all the resorts do.

1704688278436.png

Last edited:
My personal guess is they'll move to Marriott's model and:
  1. Poly Tower will be added to the trust. The Trust will essentially own half of PVB.
  2. The trust will have resale restrictions, but it will be a bit different than today. You will be restricted to the resorts/property in the trust. So if it's only Poly and CFW in the trust, resale owners are limited to those resorts. If they add more properties to the trust, you'll get access to those with a resale contract as well.
  3. Long-term, I'll assume they'll add fees for buying resale Trust points. Similar to what Marriott does today.
I agree with 1 and could see 3 happening. But 2 would be a step back from the current restrictions. With RIV resale, all you get is RIV. I can't see the trust allowing resale access to multiple resorts. I think they will find a way to limit resale in the trust to one resort.

I see may be one advantage that is Poly Tower would expire in 2066 if same association instead of expiring in 2074 if new association. After 2066, DVD can combine original poly and tower together to sell to solve the issue that poly only has studios and bungalows. They could still give Poly Tower 42 years when making it a new association, but this would violate what they have been doing for new resorts. Then every time when there is a new resort announced, we would also be debating on how many years it will have. 😂

Also, I think most people think that Poly Tower is a better product than CFW. When selling them at the same time, comparing 42 years with 50 years for paying “almost” the same price per point (just a guess, not sure how price will be set) might boost some sells in CFW.

Last edited:
I see may be one advantage that is Poly Tower would expire in 2066 if same association instead of expiring in 2074 if new association. After 2066, DVD can combine original poly and tower together to sell to solve the issue that poly only has studios and bungalows. They could still give Poly Tower 42 years when making it a new association, but this would violate what they have been doing for new resorts. Then every time when there is a new resort announced, we would also be debating on how many years it will have. 😂

Also, I think most people think that Poly Tower is a better product than CFW. When selling them at the same time, comparing 42 years with 50 years for paying “almost” the same price per point (just a guess, not sure how price will be set) might boost some sells in CFW.

With the way a land trust is, and you are not buying as a deeded owner , the expiration is a little less important.

Plus it can go into the trust and still end 2066 if they want it to.

I don’t think that’s considered restrictions… restrictions are only at Riviera and VDH so far.

*edit*
I need to add, I’m not sure if I’m not following you or if you’re not understanding what restrictions are. I’m not the pro around here, so I’m definitely having trouble following what you’re saying. 2042, CCV, etc have no real bearing on the restrictions and if you count them as if they do, then all the resorts do.

View attachment 823821

I think they mean that Poly 1 owners are restricted because they can’t stay at RiV, VDH and CFW.

So, they also have restrictions on them. Just not in the same way.

I think they mean that Poly 1 owners are restricted because they can’t stay at RiV, VDH and CFW.

So, they also have restrictions on them. Just not in the same way.
Just to clarify, I think you may mean that anyone who purchased a PVB resale contract after 2019 would not be able to use those points at RIV, VDH, and now CFW. Anyone who purchased PVB points directly from DVC can use them at those locations.

As more and more points associated with "restricted" resorts (RIV, VDH, CFW) come online, it may put more pressure on booking at the 7-month window for the other resorts, as the total pool of points continues to increase. Surely many of those folks will want to stay at the other resorts. All this is to say that "restrictions" on points may have both direct and indirect effects, both of which make purchasing directly from DVC more attractive.

*edit*

View attachment 823821

Any Property purchased on the resale market is technically restricted from staying at all DVC Properties unless it was purchased before they made the change.

The question will be are they extreme restrictions ie only staying at the tower or looser restrictions allowing you to stay at the original 14 resorts (which would be 2 when the contract ends).

I originally was pointing out that it could be the loose restriction that the O14 resorts currently have where a resale buyer could stay at those resorts until they are no longer available do to expiration or it could be the extreme restrictions such as Riviera, VDH and now the cabins at FT Wilderness appear to be having where the buyer can only stay at the property they have purchased.

My hopes are they are the O14 restrictions but in some shape or form there will be restrictions on Poly 2 if not purchased from Disney.

Just to clarify, I think you may mean that anyone who purchased a PVB resale contract after 2019 would not be able to use those points at RIV, VDH, and now CFW. Anyone who purchased PVB points directly from DVC can use them at those locations.

As more and more points associated with "restricted" resorts (RIV, VDH, CFW) come online, it may put more pressure on booking at the 7-month window for the other resorts, as the total pool of points continues to increase. Surely many of those folks will want to stay at the other resorts. All this is to say that "restrictions" on points may have both direct and indirect effects, both of which make purchasing directly from DVC more attractive.
It also will cause issues down the road for those that have the later resale contracts such as PVB and CCV as the list of available resorts to switch to at the 7 month window dwindles for those that have purchased resale.

This goes back to the whole buy where you want to stay mantra. All of the resorts are great and I wouldn't mind staying at the same one year after year but it is nice to know you have options available to you if you want to switch it up.

With the way a land trust is, and you are not buying as a deeded owner , the expiration is a little less important.

Plus it can go into the trust and still end 2066 if they want it to.

I’m all for the Poly Tower will go into the trust, I just think it could be part of Poly and then go into the trust. Like they can make part of Riviera or other resorts that they have not declared into the trust.

I’m all for the Poly Tower will go into the trust, I just think it could be part of Poly and then go into the trust. Like they can make part of Riviera or other resorts that they have not declared into the trust.

I think it can too but the hurdles to do that, after doing my research, don’t give DVD any benefit.

So, I think it will be part of the trust association or it will be added to be part of the PVB system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter