Poll: How will the tower at the Polynesian Village Resort become part of DVC?

How will the tower at the Polynesian Village Resort become part of DVC?

• It will be declared into a new Poly Tower Association, presumably with resale restrictions

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • It will be declared into the existing PVB Association, presumably without resale restrictions

Votes: 73 60.8%
  • It will be declared into the new Palmetto Trust, presumably with resale restrictions

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • Other: Explain in your remarks

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
Cant imagine them allocating all rooms to the trust. That would essentially be a new association in practice. That might be the worst thing they could do after the condo meeting.

Last edited:
After extensive consultation with my Ouija Board, Crystal Ball, and confirmed by my Magic 8-ball, here’s what I believe will happen:
  • DVC will put out a HUGE press release (attributed to Yvonne Chang, of course) announcing the roll-out of DVC 2.0 (my name, not theirs) soon.
  • DVC 2.0 will offer the opportunity to purchase a home resort of one of the following: CFW, RIV (undeclared units), AUL (undeclared units), VDH (undeclared units), and the new Polynesian Tower (all units).
  • In DVC 2.0, direct purchasers will have an 11-month home resort reservation priority, followed by a 9-month reservation priority for other accommodations in DVC 2.0, and lastly, a 7-month reservation ability at all DVC 1.0 resorts.
  • DVC 2.0 contracts purchased via resale may only be used at the DVC 2.0 home resort but will still have an 11-month reservation priority.
  • DVC 1.0 contracts purchased directly from DVC, and pre-2019 resale contracts, will have the ability to reserve DVC 2.0 accommodations at the 7-month window.
  • DVC 1.0 resale contracts purchased in 2019 and later will have no access to DVC 2.0 accommodations.
  • DVC 1.0 traditional “deeded” sales will continue under existing rules until available points in the remaining declared units are exhausted. Additional sales demand for DVC 1.0 will be met via ROFR.
  • All future DVC resorts will be included in DVC 2.0
Thoughts?

Edited to add VDH!

Last edited:
After extensive consultation with my Ouija Board, Crystal Ball, and confirmed by my Magic 8-ball, here’s what I believe will happen:
  • DVC will put out a HUGE press release (attributed to Yvonne Chang, of course) announcing the roll-out of DVC 2.0 (my name, not theirs) soon.
  • DVC 2.0 will offer the opportunity to purchase a home resort of one of the following: CFW, RIV (undeclared units), AUL (undeclared units), and the new Polynesian Tower (all units).
  • In DVC 2.0, direct purchasers will have an 11-month home resort reservation priority, followed by a 9-month reservation priority for other accommodations in DVC 2.0, and lastly, a 7-month reservation ability at all DVC 1.0 resorts.
  • DVC 2.0 contracts purchased via resale may only be used at the DVC 2.0 home resort but will still have an 11-month reservation priority.
  • DVC 1.0 contracts purchased directly from DVC, and pre-2019 resale contracts, will have the ability to reserve DVC 2.0 accommodations at the 7-month window.
  • DVC 1.0 resale contracts purchased in 2019 and later will have no access to DVC 2.0 accommodations.
  • DVC 1.0 traditional “deeded” sales will continue under existing rules until available points in the remaining declared units are exhausted. Additional sales demand for DVC 1.0 will be met via ROFR.
Thoughts?
My only thought is on point 3. Given the survey, it might be 11 month in all DVC2.0 accommodations.

And - DVC2.0 resale buyers will have the option for $$$$$ per point to get all DVC 2.0 rights.

My only thought is on point 3. Given the survey, it might be 11 month in all DVC2.0 accommodations.

And - DVC2.0 resale buyers will have the option for $$$$$ per point to get all DVC 2.0 rights.
I gave that thought and what I struggle with is how DVC can distinguish between which resort is your actual home resort for sales and pricing. Not all resorts are equal in terms of demand. Having staggered reservation priorities for accommodations in DVC 2.0 seems to address that. Still value added, but your best bet and buy is the home resort.

• DVC 2.0 will offer the opportunity to purchase a home resort of one of the following: CFW, RIV (undeclared units), AUL (undeclared units), and the new Polynesian Tower (all units).
Thoughts?
And VDH?

My prediction... this is going to be a huge failure, because so many people are going to buy without understanding how it works (I'm fairly fluent & don't understand it), that there will be such a huge backlash from new buyers and also people that are in the know that are now more inconvenienced.

And VDH?

My prediction... this is going to be a huge failure, because so many people are going to buy without understanding how it works (I'm fairly fluent & don't understand it), that there will be such a huge backlash from new buyers and also people that are in the know that are now more inconvenienced.
Oops, forgot VDH. Good catch! I have updated the list, thanks.

Interesting prediction and you may be right. At the end of the day, I don't think that it will be all that complicated. We're all swinging in the dark right now, and it's a new concept to DVC, but as I understand it, other timeshare companies have similar set-ups so seems to work.

I don't think that it will be all that complicated. We're all swinging in the dark right now, and it's a new concept to DVC, but as I understand it, other timeshare companies have similar set-ups so seems to work.
True... i'm already interested if i can get Aulani, VDH & Poly in one contract!! (just skeptical about the fine print. lol)
**150 point contract gets me benefits & home booking for Poly, VDH & Aulani**

True... i'm already interested if i can get Aulani, VDH & Poly in one contract!! (just skeptical about the fine print. lol)
**150 point contract gets me benefits & home booking for Poly, VDH & Aulani**
The finest of print of all (not included) might be a potentially low resale price if you ever have to sell. It might be a much larger impact than the current resale restrictions, based on the actual fine print.

• DVC 2.0 will offer the opportunity to purchase a home resort of one of the following: CFW, RIV (undeclared units), AUL (undeclared units), VDH (undeclared units), and the new Polynesian Tower (all units).
Thoughts?

Edited to add VDH!
Looks good to me!! :)

The finest of print of all (not included) might be a potentially low resale price if you ever have to sell. It might be a much larger impact than the current resale restrictions, based on the actual fine print.
I don't know about that. I think if @Chili327 has to sell in this hypothetical situation he/she may come out better than those selling only Riv/VDH/CFW as those would only be able to stay there whereas the resale would have several options with this DVC 2.0.

Of course nobody wants to sell but it might be the better option but it still boils down to the fine print that you mentioned.

I don't know about that. I think if @Chili327 has to sell in this hypothetical situation he/she may come out better than those selling only Riv/VDH/CFW as those would only be able to stay there whereas the resale would have several options with this DVC 2.0.

Of course nobody wants to sell but it might be the better option but it still boils down to the fine print that you mentioned.
Interesting, but definitely all subject to the fine print.
I mean if the restrictions are the same, you're right, at least you'd have more options, but i'm sure Disney is going to think about that ahead of time (or i'll wait for those to hit the resale market. lol), & either commit to rofr all of them, or some way to not let that happen (new stricter restrictions?)... Or maybe they don't care?

I'm thinking that resales for resorts in DVC 2.0 will be treated the same as in DVC 1.0. You'll only be able to use those points at your home resort.

I'm thinking that resales for resorts in DVC 2.0 will be treated the same as in DVC 1.0. You'll only be able to use those points at your home resort.
Sorry when I was reading your 2.0 I didn't catch your "Choice of" I thought it was all of them as people were talking about them doing in the trust.

If that is the case then yes you would probably lose money on the resale market.

Ok, so i need to start over from square one...

Say someone bought 150 points (in the trust, includes Aul, VDH & Poly, etc), now has it for sale on the resale market, so i guess this is where i get lost, why when i buy it do i only have 1 home resort.!?

Ok, so i need to start over from square one...

Say someone bought 150 points (in the trust, includes Aul, VDH & Poly, etc), now has it for sale on the resale market, so i guess this is where i get lost, why when i buy it do i only have 1 home resort.!?
The way I understand it, and I could certainly be mistaken, is that purchasers will still be buying points at a specific, home resort. Same as in DVC 1.0. The difference is that in DVC 2.0, there's a collection of resorts (CFW being the first, the rest are TBD) that an owner can choose from. At their home resort, they'd enjoy an 11-month priority, the same as in DVC 1.0. Then, they'd have a 9-month reservation priority at the other resorts in the trust and lastly, a 7-month opportunity at DVC 1.0 resorts.

This is purely speculation on my part, but I think it logical to make the offerings in the trust attractive for direct purchase without totally abandoning the core of DVC 1.0.

The way I understand it, and I could certainly be mistaken, is that purchasers will still be buying points at a specific, home resort. Same as in DVC 1.0. The difference is that in DVC 2.0, there's a collection of resorts (CFW being the first, the rest are TBD) that an owner can choose from. At their home resort, they'd enjoy an 11-month priority, the same as in DVC 1.0. Then, they'd have a 9-month reservation priority at the other resorts in the trust and lastly, a 7-month opportunity at DVC 1.0 resorts.

This is purely speculation on my part, but I think it logical to make the offerings in the trust attractive for direct purchase without totally abandoning the core of DVC 1.0.

You're probably right, i'm just behind on the latest news... but i believe it was to give people multiple home resorts (any within the trust), & that's what the draw was. But i could be wrong, or it could have changed, i know new info is coming out all the time.

You're probably right, i'm just behind on the latest news... but i believe it was to give people multiple home resorts (any within the trust), & that's what the draw was. But i could be wrong, or it could have changed, i know new info is coming out all the time.
Oh, trust me, my thoughts are purely speculation. I think there is logic behind them, but at the end of the day, I know nothing more than I've read here on Dis and then put bits and pieces together to come up with what I think would work and be attractive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter