Poll: Should all bus stops at resorts have lines?

Should all resort bus stops have lines?

• Total voters
I'm just used to the CTA - no lines, just a mass of human bodies all trying to squeeze through the doors at once!

Actually I'm kidding, my experience has always been (at home and WDW) most people manage to get on in an orderly fashion.

Also though, if you are sitting and other people choose to stand and wait by the curb, don't get too salty if they get on before you. They probably didn't even notice you sitting there when they walked up.

I wish there were organized lines at POFQ and at the main stops (by the lobby/foodcourt) at POR and CSR. I've experienced chaos of some sort while waiting for a bus at all of those places. It's stressful when the walkways are packed with people standing around waiting and a bus shows up.

I don't think lines are necessary at the other stops at POR/CSR or at the deluxes though.

Pregnant and elderly riders shouldn't have to get on first to get a seat. Common courtesy would have me offer them my seat no matter when they got on.
One would think. The gentlemen in my family give their seats for pregnant ladies, ladies with children, and older folks.
I recall being five months along on our first Disney trip. I got on the bus thinking someone might offer me a seat, and no one did. I had a hard time not falling (center of gravity is off when you get passed about 4 mos), and I told dh that next time there were no seats available, I was just going to wait on the next bus.

Our first 4 trips On Site were at the All Stars, our next 6-7 trips were at Moderates, then we took a last minute budget trip and stayed at All Stars again. Surprisingly, my family was really annoyed with the people corrals after getting spoiled at the Moderates.

In over 75 nights at Moderates I've never seen anyone left behind at the resort so maybe our feelings would be different if we witnessed/experienced this.

Pregnant and elderly riders shouldn't have to get on first to get a seat. Common courtesy would have me offer them my seat no matter when they got on.

Sadly that has disappeared and young people are not being taught by their parents that they are way more capable of standing than those in need. My friend and I call it the rampant spread of "All About Me Syndrome".

One would think. The gentlemen in my family give their seats for pregnant ladies, ladies with children, and older folks.
I recall being five months along on our first Disney trip. I got on the bus thinking someone might offer me a seat, and no one did. I had a hard time not falling (center of gravity is off when you get passed about 4 mos), and I told dh that next time there were no seats available, I was just going to wait on the next bus.

Yeah ..... I am at Disney a total of 4-6 weeks a year with maybe 60% of that onsite. Half the time I am alone with my adult son who is clearly and obviously what most would consider severely disabled. I will say it is very rare for anyone to offer him a seat. I have him hold the pole while I straddle him (and given he's 32, I'm not young) and I wrap my arms around him to keep him from falling. Last trip also had DS2 with me. On last bus ride we were last to get on bus, knowing odds were he would stand. Yup, no offers. He was terrified being at front of bus and seeing out window so we shuffled, DS2 held him, and I stood at front blocking his view. Yes we could have waited for next bus but so far the week had not proven that Disney was getting buses in a timely manner at parks closing (mostly due to the parks closing all about the same time I'm sure), we just didn't have another 20-30 minute wait in us.

Note that when the rare time happens that a seat is offered, I let him sit then I stand in front of him. I do not accept a second seat.

Last edited:

People can be rude and thoughtless but 5 months might be a borderline call. You never want to assume a woman is pregnant and be wrong! That being said if someone appeared uncomfortable or seemed to be having difficulty standing or balancing I would offer a seat.

You shouldn't really have to, but I bet if you spoke up and said "hey I'm pregnant and my balance is off. Would anyone mind giving me a seat?" lots of people would be willing.

Been at POR since Sunday watched a family run in the back door of the bus that just showed up at the stop. Then didn't want to get out of the way when then needed to put a wheelchair on. Ignorant people like that are what make you need lines.

Really? So the elderly, pregnant, etc that got up early to get a better seat has to stand on the bus because of the later arrival that stands on the curb?
Let me say this... I have a disability that makes standing on the bus somewhat difficult. So I get the issue of "needing" (aka wanting because if it was a real need I wouldn't be using public transportation to meet said need) a seat. If I am willing to sit away from the bus pull up area, then that is on me. That is the decision that I make. I would rather have that option that be forced to stand in a line for who knows how long while waiting for the bus.

Curious if anyone has experienced this...
I've witnessed it several times and it drives me nuts.
It will be standing room only and I'll be next to a parent mom or dad that has a child not old enough to stand on the bus and they will be holding onto them and clinging to a pole or strap struggling very much to not fall over and no one gives up their seat!
I've even seen someone sitting ask if the parent wants them to hold the child! WHAT? Give them your seat! Don't offer to hold a stranger's 18 month old!

I also constantly see children that don't even want to sit in a seat and would much rather sit on the parent's lap being told to sit down. How many more seats could there be for older folks or folks that look like they truly need a seat if you would just put your 3 year old on your lap instead of them trying to stand because they don't want to be in their seat?

Really? So the elderly, pregnant, etc that got up early to get a better seat has to stand on the bus because of the later arrival that stands on the curb?
Yup!

It is public transportation and no different than bus/rail/metro lines anywhere else. Those who move fastest get the best seats. That's life!

But then this could turn into a "bus seats should be given to pregnant and elderly people" threads. I can tell you that if my 80 year old mother-in-law boarded a crowded bus and was offered a seat, she would say no. Why? Because she does aerobics every single day, works in her very large yard just about every day, hauls tools and fixes things in her house (she's widowed and lives alone). She may look elderly but my husband and I tired quicker than she does.

But then this could turn into a "bus seats should be given to pregnant and elderly people" threads. I can tell you that if my 80 year old mother-in-law boarded a crowded bus and was offered a seat, she would say no. Why? Because she does aerobics every single day, works in her very large yard just about every day, hauls tools and fixes things in her house (she's widowed and lives alone). She may look elderly but my husband and I tired quicker than she does.

They don't have to accept but it's good manners to offer. If they say no thanks thats fine!

I would say, why don't you see to your own needs, instead of expecting others to and being put in a bad place if they don't? Waiting for the next bus is much better than getting on a full one when you can't stand, and then hoping someone else will/can offer you a seat. Why put yourself in that position? I would more blame you and your husband than the people on the bus, to be honest. Don't endanger yourself hoping someone else will give you their seat.

I've been on buses before where I would offer someone my seat, but they had no way to get back to me anyway. But again there have been days where I can't stand either without falling over. We each know our own limitations, we don't know that of anyone else on the bus.

I ride public transportation, so I am accustomed to boarding without a line. If I want a seat on my ride home from work, I catch a bus at an early stop. Similarly, if I want a seat on a Disney bus, I will stand near where the bus stops, rather than sit on a bench. We all have this opportunity; we don't need to sit on the benches. That being said, we can still treat one another with courtesy and not push and shove.

As far as giving up seats to the elderly and pregnant women, bear in mind that they made the decision to take a vacation that involves walking several miles each day, often in extreme heat. If they can bear that, standing on a bus should be a breeze. Also, we need to be careful about making assumptions about those who don't give up their seats. I travel with a millennial family member who might not give up her seat, but it's not because she wasn't raised with manners; it's because she has a back problem. If I saw someone who was obviously struggling, I would certainly give up my seat, but pregnancy and age alone aren't good enough reasons.

As far as giving up seats to the elderly and pregnant women, bear in mind that they made the decision to take a vacation that involves walking several miles each day, often in extreme heat. If they can bear that, standing on a bus should be a breeze. Also, we need to be careful about making assumptions about those who don't give up their seats. I travel with a millennial family member who might not give up her seat, but it's not because she wasn't raised with manners; it's because she has a back problem. If I saw someone who was obviously struggling, I would certainly give up my seat, but pregnancy and age alone aren't good enough reasons.

It isn't so much that they CAN'T stand. It's that the bus is moving and makes sudden stops. Pregnant woman can have poor balance - as can elderly. So it isn't about it being a "breeze" to stand on a bus, it's about the danger of them falling and injuring themselves.

We always give up our seats, when it's just my husband and myself, and we have had others give up their seats for me when I was pregnant.

Last edited:
Trust me... You make the mistake of assuming someone's pregnant on the subway once and you do NOT take that chance ever again.

Some people you legit cannot tell. One of the paras at my school is on a medication that makes her look 6-7 months pregnant, but she is not. Meanwhile another is about 6.5 months along and you would never know to look at her.

So if someone is pregnant and going to raise a stink about people who don't offer her a seat, maybe wear one of those silly shirts that declares it to the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter