Poll: Should all bus stops at resorts have lines?

Should all resort bus stops have lines?

• Total voters
I couldn't vote.
I can't say No, I've never witnessed it because I have seen folks walk up later get on before someone sitting and I can't answer No, I like passive aggressive shoving because I don't.
I've ridden the bus many, many times, never from Value resorts as we don't stay there. I've never seen a confrontation arise due to the bus situation.
I choose No, I don't think it's a big enough issue to warrant a change. I like it the way it is

I couldn't vote.
I can't say No, I've never witnessed it because I have seen folks walk up later get on before someone sitting and I can't answer No, I like passive aggressive shoving because I don't.
I've ridden the bus many, many times, never from Value resorts as we don't stay there. I've never seen a confrontation arise due to the bus situation.
I choose No, I don't think it's a big enough issue to warrant a change. I like it the way it is

I agree the wording made choosing difficult. I did vote the first no because I interpreted "it" to be a fight/shoving match, which I've never witnessed. Have I seen people stand board before people sitting? Yes, but I don't recall people getting their panties in a wad over it (which could be because I don't HAVE to be there at rope drop so I'm not traveling at super peak times?).

Then again, living in NYC, I have learned to mind my own business and pay attention to my surroundings without really paying attention to snits going on around me (thankfully not the totally hard way - just got glared at and had someone get in my face yelling because I happened to look in the direction of a yelling match a second too long before another passenger stepped in - that was in my first week...lesson learned).

I would rather be able to chill out on a bench and rely on basic courtesy than be forced to stand in line. There doesn't seem to be any pervasive problem. I can ignore occasional rude or clueless behavior.

I like to sit on the bench too. I get slightly excited when there is still room on the bench when I get to the bus stop.

It isn't so much that they CAN'T stand. It's that the bus is moving and makes sudden stops. Pregnant woman can have poor balance - as can elderly. So it isn't about it being a "breeze" to stand on a bus, it's about the danger of them falling and injuring themselves.

We always give up our seats, when it's just my husband and myself, and we have had others give up their seats for me when I was pregnant.

I tend to err on the side of giving up my seat because I can normally stand on a bus without issue. Like you note the movement is what really creates the issue for many. Most of the time, I can stand and walk fine, but have a condition where my joints can dislocate. That makes the sudden stops problematic.

I couldn't vote.

I also didn't vote for the same reason. It doesn't work perfectly, but to me it works well enough.

I think the results are interesting, not what I expected them to be.

I see both sides, structurally it would be challenging at many locations so I don't see them bothering until there is "an event" of some kind. Like pool fences. I will say I don't like the corrals at some of the park bus stops. At the end of the day when the couple queue rows fill and then it's just corral space ......... I see lots of pushing and "cutting" ahead .... especially at the end of the day when tired people just want to get on the bus.

I couldn't vote.

I also didn't vote for the same reason. It doesn't work perfectly, but to me it works well enough.

OP here. I see what you mean by the list of possible votes prohibiting some folks from casting theirs. I do sincerely apologize for that. I was genuinely curious about what everyone else thought on this matter but I thought I would make an attempt at injecting a little humor at the same time.

Thank you for deciding to still share your comments even though the poll was unable to accurately capture your opinion. :thanks:

OP here. I see what you mean by the list of possible votes prohibiting some folks from casting theirs. I do sincerely apologize for that. I was genuinely curious about what everyone else thought on this matter but I thought I would make an attempt at injecting a little humor at the same time.

Thank you for deciding to still share your comments even though the poll was unable to accurately capture your opinion. :thanks:

You don't need to feel sorry! I could tell you were just trying to make a lighthearted poll.

I like the way it is now as well. We have never had a problem at the moderate or deluxe resorts. If they put in structured lines, that would make it difficult for people like me that need to sit while waiting. It would mean that everyone would always be ahead of us when getting on the bus, regardless of when they arrive. It isn't always a 'choice' to sit. What it would probably mean is that I would be forced to get an ECV, which I try hard not to do. As much as possible, I use a cane or a walker. Using an ECV would mean fewer seats for others to use and a delay for everyone else boarding the bus. As long as I can sit while waiting and then move to stand in line as the bus approaches, I can manage. I do not want to use an ECV until it is absolutely necessary. Standing for long periods is impossible for me, so using the buses from value resorts has become a thing of the past for us. I would find it difficult to see the same system at deluxe and moderate resorts.

One place that they have a roped line at the deluxe resorts is for waiting for the boat at the GF.
Our experience with the lines for the boat to the MK from the GF:
AT one time there was no line and people proceeded to the boat when it arrived. Needing to sit did not put you at a particular disadvantage and people seemed to watch for who arrived first and board courteously in a reasonable order. Nowadays, regardless of the fact that we are the first waiting for the boat, later arrivals that are able to stand wait in the queue area. They then board first even though it is clear that we have been waiting prior to their arrival, so that we are always last on board. Not a big deal usually, but we often don't get a seat together and if there are too many to get on the boat we can miss our chance to get on board for more than one boat. When the monorail isn't running, that is sometimes a problem for us.

We have considered one of us waiting in line while I sit, but DH has bad hips as well, so, although he can wait in line, it does cause him some pain to do so. Also, many people apparently consider a person joining another in line as cutting in line, so I would feel very badly about trying to do that.

I REALLY hope that they do not put structured queues everywhere at all the resorts.

If you create another poll, there's always the "Other - because there has to be an 'other'" choice :)

If everyone just used common sense it wouldn't be so difficult. Just because I walk up and stand but I see people sitting on a bench that doesn't mean I'm before them. They were there first. When the bus pulls up I look over and if they are getting up for the same bus I let them on first. Just use some common courtesy.

It's like when I go to the salon to get my eyebrows waxed. There are always 5-10 people waiting and you just have to be conscious of who was before you.

I don't understand why mods and deluxes do not have lines.

Wow, I didn't realize this! SO glad we didn't switch to a moderate this time. I really dislike cattle call type boarding for anything.

LOVE how the AS have roped lines.

It's like when I go to the salon to get my eyebrows waxed. There are always 5-10 people waiting and you just have to be conscious of who was before you.

Really? That is bananas! Why don't they have a check in procedure, a sign in sheet or way to take a number? In my town that kind of thing would cause cat fights

Moderate and deluxe resorts don't have lines I believe because it is much nicer to be able to sit in a covered bus depot than it is to stand in yet another queue. I know people who won't stay at the values simply because they have those lines.

Yeah, there are more than enough lines at Disney. I'm glad there are times where I don't have to stand in one.
I think it's a non-issue for me because I'm not bent out of shape about having to stand on a bus leaving the resort. I'm not worn/out tired yet. It won't hurt me one bit if I sit at the bus stop and it causes me to get on the bus a few minutes later than someone who walked up after me and I have to stand. Typically, we stand and watch for the bus to arrive. As soon as we see our bus driving up, we stand up and are already forming a line by the time it reaches the stop. Though really, I find 99% of the guests we encounter are aware of who was there before them. Bus loading has always been orderly.

Really? That is bananas! Why don't they have a check in procedure, a sign in sheet or way to take a number? In my town that kind of thing would cause cat fights

There have been arguments and I've heard an all out fight once or twice. I don't know why they don't change it but it works 99% of the time and 100% of the time I'm there. There are about 4-7 waxers and some people only go to one certain person. It's really not chaotic. Be mindful, pay attention and know you're next. We're all adults.

Yeah, there are more than enough lines at Disney. I'm glad there are times where I don't have to stand in one.
I think it's a non-issue for me because I'm not bent out of shape about having to stand on a bus leaving the resort. I'm not worn/out tired yet. It won't hurt me one bit if I sit at the bus stop and it causes me to get on the bus a few minutes later than someone who walked up after me and I have to stand. Typically, we stand and watch for the bus to arrive. As soon as we see our bus driving up, we stand up and are already forming a line by the time it reaches the stop. Though really, I find 99% of the guests we encounter are aware of who was there before them. Bus loading has always been orderly.

Yes I've never really experienced disorderly bus behavior before. And if we did we would just let them go before us and go about our day.

I will say if there are 10 people waiting and an empty bus pulls up I don't wait for those sitting on the bench to go before me. I figure we're all getting a seat so it doesn't matter. If the bus was full or lots of people were waiting I would definitely let them go first.

Totally agree with this. In our 3x per year stays over the course of the last 8 years or so, I have stayed at a value exactly once, and although their are many things about them that I dislike the lines for the buses is the thing that annoys me the most, and makes me unlikely to book one in the future. I don't need to stand in any more lines at Disney, and I certainly don't like starting my day standing in a line at my resort. I actually find that most people are pretty cognizant of those around them, and I have seen a lot of people not board the bus until those sitting at the benches (who were there first) boarded. The only time I ever saw an actual verbal disagreement was actually at POP. I am sure that issues do arise at the other resorts, I just don't think the benefits outweigh the costs of making the change.

Yes I've never really experienced disorderly bus behavior before. And if we did we would just let them go before us and go about our day.

I will say if there are 10 people waiting and an empty bus pulls up I don't wait for those sitting on the bench to go before me. I figure we're all getting a seat so it doesn't matter. If the bus was full or lots of people were waiting I would definitely let them go first.

This thread has me trying to even think of a time that I boarded a bus at the resort that was standing room only. I think I did one time from ASMu to Downtown Disney. The only other times weren't even when we were getting on. We were staying at the WL and then would pick up at FW. They really needed two separate buses because it was always filled to the brim once we picked up there.

Most of the time people see the bus and kinda form a line and it really doesn't matter because like you said everyone is getting a seat anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter