Poll: What will happen with Grand Floridian Resale prices?

What will happen with Grand Floridian Resale prices?

• Drop to 180-190 per point

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • Drop to 170-180 per point

Votes: 36 20.1%
  • Drop to 160-170 per point

Votes: 75 41.9%
  • Drop to 150-160 per point

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • Lower

Votes: 7 3.9%

• Total voters
Wondering if on direct purchase you are going to have to pay 2022 Maintenance fees? On most resale contracts the sellers are asking to be reimbursed for 2022.

The sold out resorts might drop some too as the sales teams have three to focus on selling. Those buying the crazy direct price at Cresent Lake may switch to VGF now. They didn’t like RIV but now have a pretty good second option. I‘m at $170 as the new ceiling in resale.

How aggressive are you going? 30% or less. I highly doubt Disney will ROFR resale at this time with so many points to sell direct.
Keep us posted, I am fence sitting on whether to go direct or resale, it is all about the numbers.

I'm making some aggressive offers on some VGF contracts in the 100 pt range. We'll see how lucky I get and hopefully will be able to share something in the ROFR thread soon!

Last edited:
We had thought about selling our 100 VGF points, because of the new VGF2 (and the increased difficulty getting into VGF1), however, with resale depressed, I think that it will be a much better play to hang on to them and just rent them out.

How aggressive are you going? 30% or less. I highly double Disney will ROFR resale at this time with so many points to sell direct.
Keep us posted, I am fence sitting on whether to go direct or resale, it is all about the numbers.
Anywhere in the 140-160 range? I doubt I can get as low as 140 since I'm only looking for 100 or 125 max. We want a different UY for fall trips for my wife/daughter's birthday, so adding on direct won't work for us and neither would adding 150pts because it's too much money for us.

$150 seems about right to me.

Especially since it's fairly well known that ROFR doesn't really happen on actively selling resorts, I bet some better deals than $150 could be had from motivated sellers.

WOW. Quite a few VGF resale now listed in the 160s. Haven't seen anything that low since I bought in the 150s peak Covid.

Those are your motivated sellers, and I still think that's too high. I might put in a Poly offer...

WOW. Quite a few VGF resale now listed in the 160s. Haven't seen anything that low since I bought in the 150s peak Covid.

Those are your motivated sellers, and I still think that's too high. I might put in a Poly offer...
DISboards buyers seeing "downward pressure" on resale prices.

luisa-madrigal-encanto.gif

Interestingly, if prices take a dive, VGF resale becomes the #1 cost effective sleep-around points. I think around $160/pp it starts beating SSR.
I actually bought direct VGF2 points as sleep around points... I may not be the brightest, but those low dues + length of contract made sense. That point chart made me not want to stay at VGF2 (or VGF1) very often!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter