Poll: What will happen with Grand Floridian Resale prices?

What will happen with Grand Floridian Resale prices?

• Drop to 180-190 per point

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • Drop to 170-180 per point

Votes: 36 20.1%
  • Drop to 160-170 per point

Votes: 75 41.9%
  • Drop to 150-160 per point

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • Lower

Votes: 7 3.9%

• Total voters
There are still several listings for contracts under 150 points that are actually more than $207pp. I see contracts for 60 points listed at $210pp with no points coming until 2023.

There are always contracts listed unreasonably high, especially at a few particular brokers. It will take some time to adjust down, these are all individual listings and someone has to convince them to price them to actually sell.

Just agreed on 100 point @ $170. It's the UY I needed. Probably should went in lower but seller is paying closing costs . I'll update ROFR thread
Sounds like a pretty good deal, especially so if you got 2022 points. No closing & $3700 less than direct. If you don't need/want the blue card, it's a good deal - IMO, anyway. :) Congrats & good luck with ROFR.

Sounds like a pretty good deal, especially so if you got 2022 points. No closing & $3700 less than direct. If you don't need/want the blue card, it's a good deal - IMO, anyway. :) Congrats & good luck with ROFR.
Thanks! She didn't bank the points which really stinks. Even if everything goes smoothly with closing & points loaded, there won't be any availability left.

I have blue card from when RIV opened up sales again. Bought 100pt VGF last year at $165 splitting closing so I'm good with closing costs being paid fully this time. Don't think they will ROFR me while selling new points but you never know.

Is it too late for the seller to bank the points? That's too crummy.

That said, I bought a VGF contract a few years ago (pre-pandemic) from a distressed seller. The points situation was a bit of a mess, and other owners suggested that I could have gotten an exception to the banking rule had I called MS. Instead, we got the points in our account with about 2 weeks left and were able to rent them at $10/pp in a matter of hours. (I priced them super low because I wanted to get them rented asap.) You never know. Or you could have a 1-night party in a bungalow.

BLT listing in the 150s now too. Definitely not low enough. I'd be offering 140s, even 130s for a less desirable contract.

I don't think resale has caught up yet to how low this pricing is.

Is it too late for the seller to bank the points? That's too crummy.

That said, I bought a VGF contract a few years ago (pre-pandemic) from a distressed seller. The points situation was a bit of a mess, and other owners suggested that I could have gotten an exception to the banking rule had I called MS. Instead, we got the points in our account with about 2 weeks left and were able to rent them at $10/pp in a matter of hours. (I priced them super low because I wanted to get them rented asap.) You never know. Or you could have a 1-night party in a bungalow.
Hmmmmm...points should have been banked by Jan 31st. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask once they're loaded which would be around first of May if all goes well.

Tough choice, buy direct, offer on a resale.... There are currently no VGF contracts with our UY and we are looking at 100 - 150 to add to our current VGF, so that makes the decision to buy resale a little harder, as it would be nice to have all the points under one UY and not have to transfer from one contract to another.
It has been almost a decade since we bought a resale contract and I feel uneducated...LOL
I see the poll above saying $160- $170, but of course the smaller the contract, the more per point and then of course loaded or stripped, makes a difference.
I also see that closing costs are higher on resale than on direct.
How much of a discount would you look for in a resale contract over buying direct, 10%, 20%, 25% or more. Any feedback appreciated.

I'm more interested in buying direct than getting a deal with resale now, but think I might miss out. While I know that I won't be able to purchase at this price (due to where I live have to travel to Florida to purchase), do you think it will stay close to this range for a few months? Or do you think the price will go really high after March?

Boy would this be a tough day to be a resale broker. I guess they're going to have some uncomfortable phone calls about mom's stupid timeshare the estate just listed.
They can always rent out points until it becomes a seller’s market

Just 13 months ago I closed on a VGF 100 pt contract at $152 so it isn't like the resale prices have been what they were for all that long. They artificially inflated with all of the DVC and with other economic factors my guess would have been for a correction in not too long of time. The inventory has been increasing. Good for those who sold when it was high and perhaps soon to be a bit better for buyers again.

Nothing for sellers to sneeze at either having a timeshare that they can likely sell for at least what they purchased it for and often times more.

Just 13 months ago I closed on a VGF 100 pt contract at $152 so it isn't like the resale prices have been what they were for all that long. They artificially inflated with all of the DVC and with other economic factors my guess would have been for a correction in not too long of time. The inventory has been increasing. Good for those who sold when it was high and perhaps soon to be a bit better for buyers again.

Nothing for sellers to sneeze at either having a timeshare that they can likely sell for at least what they purchased it for and often times more.
Nice contract that got thru! DVD ROFR'd at $160 last March. I bought 100pt @ $165 w/ closing costs last March but I really think if DVD doesn't sell out VGF quickly - resale will continue to drop back down which it really needed to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter