Poll: What would you pay for VDH Resale?

What would you pay for VDH Resale?

• Less than 100 per point

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • 100-110 per point

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • 110-120 per point

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 120-130 per point

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • 130-140 per point

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • 140-150 per point

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • 150-160 per point

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 160-170 per point

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Over 170 per point

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I wouldn't take it if it were free

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters

Cfabar1

DIS Veteran
Watching the VDH Resale Thread has me wondering....

With all the resale restrictions and rising TOT taxes, what would you pay for VDH points if you were buying them on the resale market?

The consensus seems to be that it is overpriced, but there is also obviously some value to it. Very very few options are available for DVC outside of WDW.

Without resale restrictions, VDH resale could have been a very attractive proposition to use as SAP points at WDW while guaranteeing availability at DL. However, Disney put the resale restrictions in which takes away that advantage.

High dues, High TOT tax... California is an expensive state compared to Florida....

I voted that I wouldn’t take it if it were free. It’d be more of an headache for me since I’d mostly be renting those points out. East coaster with WDW as my main park. Not to mention the high dues and rising transient taxes. Plus when we go to LA we like doing other things besides DL and likely to stay with family while we’re there.

The taxes are what they are but the biggest head scratcher is how in the world does sues go up 5% in two months when the tax isn’t even part of your dues? Moment like these I’m glad we are an east coast family so we never have to be tempted haha

I'm on the west coast but have no interest in owning at the VDH.

Watching the VDH Resale Thread has me wondering....

With all the resale restrictions and rising TOT taxes, what would you pay for VDH points if you were buying them on the resale market?

The consensus seems to be that it is overpriced, but there is also obviously some value to it. Very very few options are available for DVC outside of WDW.

Without resale restrictions, VDH resale could have been a very attractive proposition to use as SAP points at WDW while guaranteeing availability at DL. However, Disney put the resale restrictions in which takes away that advantage.

High dues, High TOT tax... California is an expensive state compared to Florida....
less than 100...taxes and dues are too much, not to mention the resale restrictions. it's really too bad because it would be nice to take advantage of having another dvc on the west coast

It has to make more sense than buying VGC & and make up for the fact that it can’t be used at any other resort…

I waffled on answer. I wouldn't necessarily pay for it, but if someone wanted to give it to me, I'd probably not say no. Voted I wouldn't take it for free since I'd never pay for it at any amount.

What happened to the consensus though that restrictions wouldn't have much bearing if any on VDH since people would self restrict anyways and only use VDH points at VDH making the restrictions kind of moot?

I waffled on answer. I wouldn't necessarily pay for it, but if someone wanted to give it to me, I'd probably not say no. Voted I wouldn't take it for free since I'd never pay for it at any amount.

What happened to the consensus though that restrictions wouldn't have much bearing if any on VDH since people would self restrict anyways and only use VDH points at VDH making the restrictions kind of moot?
IMO, it’s the combo of the dues, the point chart, the TOT, and the resale restrictions…..

I did some quick number crunching and more than 75% of us would only pay $110 or less!

I voted under 100, but I can’t swear I wouldn’t take a 50 point contract at $101-105 on impulse, but honestly I should not be buying VDH at all. 🙃

I like VGC so much more than VDH (based mostly on location, first stay at VDH is next year), but I don’t plan vacations to DLR far in advance, so it’s really hard to actually use points at VGC. I do think that this same phenomenon will ultimately be a problem for VDH as well…causing a lot of points to be wasted if I can’t book far in advance for two years in a row.

I did some quick number crunching and more than 75% of us would only pay $110 or less!

I voted under 100, but I can’t swear I wouldn’t take a 50 point contract at $101-105 on impulse, but honestly I should not be buying VDH at all. 🙃

I like VGC so much more than VDH (based mostly on location, first stay at VDH is next year), but I don’t plan vacations to DLR far in advance, so it’s really hard to actually use points at VGC. I do think that this same phenomenon will ultimately be a problem for VDH as well…causing a lot of points to be wasted if I can’t book far in advance for two years in a row.
I think $80-$100pp would be low enough to entice some people who want to have access to the Villas….

So one of the issues is who wants points that are exclusive to DL.... That definitely impacts the resale price, because some of us are so WDW centric that the idea of owning a timeshare at DisneyLAND doesn't make much sense.

Another issue is the dues and TOT, which limits the reach further.

Who knows where the general market is, but if their numbers are even somewhat similar with ours here on the discords, VDH resale is in for a rude awakening....

So one of the issues is who wants points that are exclusive to DL.... That definitely impacts the resale price, because some of us are so WDW centric that the idea of owning a timeshare at DisneyLAND doesn't make much sense.

Another issue is the dues and TOT, which limits the reach further.

Who knows where the general market is, but if their numbers are even somewhat similar with ours here on the discords, VDH resale is in for a rude awakening....
The way I see it is that, to sell > $120/pt sellers need to get extremely lucky to find someone sophisticated enough to know that a resale market even exists but not so sophisticated as to do extensive calculations, comparing the value of direct product to restricted resale.

I think being from the east coast , it does not make sense to buy something that I would not use every other year.

I’d say my two favorite resorts are Boardwalk and BLT.

If Boardwalk or BLT had resale restrictions, had the TOT of VDH, had the dues of VDH, and had the expiration date of VDH, I definitely would not pay $100 a point. I’m not sure what I’d pay. $50 I guess. $75? That’d be a hard choice.

Last edited:
We’d Easily add another 100 points at $125-150 a point, already have 500+ a VDH, would be nice to add on a bit more. Don’t care it’s restricted….we don’t do Florida, and we have a ton of points at Aulani to use there. Any resale VDH would be only for DLR. Don’t care about the taxes….we’d be paying them anyways at DLH or Grand California booking with cash (which is what we were doing before buying into VDH). Just finished a week in a 1 BR it was awesome. We’ll be back for a week in a 2BR in early Jan (can’t wait!!) and another week in a 2BR for the spring food and wine festival.

We’d Easily add another 100 points at $125-150 a point, already have 500+ a VDH, would be nice to add on a bit more. Don’t care it’s restricted….we don’t do Florida, and we have a ton of points at Aulani to use there. Any resale VDH would be only for DLR. Don’t care about the taxes….we’d be paying them anyways at DLH or Grand California booking with cash (which is what we were doing before buying into VDH). Just finished a week in a 1 BR it was awesome. We’ll be back for a week in a 2BR in early Jan (can’t wait!!) and another week in a 2BR for the spring food and wine festival.
Would you pay $150pp resale vs going direct for 150 points or would it have to be a small contract?

For free, definitely!!! (even with $3/pp/night for ToT that’s a great deal)
And at $50-75 ish pp it’s still worth it.

How will the ToT affect the rental market?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter