Poll: What would you pay for VDH Resale?

What would you pay for VDH Resale?

• Less than 100 per point

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • 100-110 per point

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • 110-120 per point

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 120-130 per point

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • 130-140 per point

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • 140-150 per point

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • 150-160 per point

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 160-170 per point

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Over 170 per point

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I wouldn't take it if it were free

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Not with the Paradise Pier entrance…
I guess I’m thinking more of the process to go to Disneyland through the downtown Disney security line. I’ve never been through the security entrance near paradise pier, so I’m not aware of how many bag check and security lines they offer there.

I’m not an expert on Disneyland, but I’ve read Swan and Dolphin are even better than the Good Neighbor resorts. So, just for comparison, makes me question paying more for Riviera than for VDH when Riviera is competing with Swan and Dolphin, where you can literally walk to two theme parks.
This is why we did not want to buy Riviera and picked VGF.

I would point out though, that most people are looking for Disneyland trips to be short - 3-4 days tops. Disney world trips tend to be longer, and the allure of true DVC villa accomadations probably matters more. Plus, you still have the skyliner. It’s not like they are selling you OKW.

I would point out though, that most people are looking for Disneyland trips to be short - 3-4 days tops. Disney world trips tend to be longer, and the allure of true DVC villa accomadations probably matters more. Plus, you still have the skyliner. It’s not like they are selling you OKW.
Ticket prices for Day 1-3 at DL are very expensive, Days 4-5 cost almost nothing.

If we can stretch it out to 5 we always do, even if we just go in the evening and do other SoCal things during the day…

Ticket prices for Day 1-3 at DL are very expensive, Days 4-5 cost almost nothing.

If we can stretch it out to 5 we always do, even if we just go in the evening and do other SoCal things during the day…
Exactly, I'm thinking the 5-day hopper is the perfect trip & they know it. Even if only 4 nights, you use the $30 (4th) day on travel day to DLR, & the $20 (5th) day for travel day when you leave. (w/ 3 full park days between) Also why 75-80 points was the perfect amount for a VGC contract for me (4 nights = 2 weekdays & 2 weeknights)

We always do at least 5. Our trip last month was 9 days, our trip next month is 6 days.

Considering the taxes and direct purchase price, I currently think it's overpriced. But a studio ranges from 13 to 34 points, which at a resale price of 150/pp and no financing means you're paying between $200 and $523 a night. Even with financing, that's only $20 to $50 more per night. That same room ranges from $620 to $900 after taxes if paying cash.

Yes, it is expensive for a DVC property, but it's also a very expensive hotel on its own.

VDH looks better located than both Riviera or VGF.

I stayed at Grand Flo based on everyone touting the walking path. It’s a good mile walk from the Villas building to Magic Kingdom. That is not an ‘easy, quick’ walk. I’m sure big pine key is closer, but I don’t like studios.

VDH looks better located than both Riviera or VGF.

I stayed at Grand Flo based on everyone touting the walking path. It’s a good mile walk from the Villas building to Magic Kingdom. That is not an ‘easy, quick’ walk. I’m sure big pine key is closer, but I don’t like studios.
Is BPK all studios? I didn't know that (if so)

Is BPK all studios? I didn't know that (if so)
Yes, BPK is all studios, specifically Resort Studios, so-named because they are in essence regular GF hotel rooms decorated in different colors and with the addition of a microwave and toaster. The Deluxe Studios are all in the original VGF building and have a kitchenette, which includes a mini fridge instead of beverage cooler as well as a bar sink.

Sadly the bump from 3 days to 5 days jumped from $55 to $90 in the last hike. Still obv much cheaper than days 1-3 but UGH.

We debated one of the listings, but ultimately decided to wait to see if they come down more in pricing….$150 or less being our sweet spot. Kids aren’t getting any younger, but if it hits that in the next 1-3 years we’ll definitely add on. After that I think we’d just be content with our current point count, and borrow or purchase one time use points as needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter