Poly DVC expansion coming 2024!

My spouse and I spend a lot of time at Disney pools; it’s an important consideration when we pick where to stay.

It would be a shame if the Poly’s Lava Pool became even more crowded than it already is because of Poly Tower, but those staying at Poly Village or PVB were not allowed to visit the Tower’s pool.

Which is why I don’t think you will see that. It’s just too close to the cash rooms to exclude any guests.

Actually, my hope is that the Poly2 pool is kind of bland with little or no kid appeal, like the Riviera adult pool. That way all the families with children will go to the Poly1 Lava pool.
Yeah! Quiet pool time can be hard to come by.

Disney's Riviera is rumored to have cost $350M to yet its two pools are rather plain, certainly not up to the theming of the older pools at the Polynesian, Yacht & Beach Club, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans Riverside, or Coronado Springs.

I'm sure they'll do the best they can with the Poly Tower pool, but they are limited to a relatively small footprint.
But those Riviera pools ARE themed. Their theming is in line with Riviera as a whole. It is a subdued, European theme. Poly is not. A pool themed like one of the Riviera pools would look really out of place at Poly.

But those Riviera pools ARE themed. Their theming is in line with Riviera as a whole. It is a subdued, European theme. Poly is not. A pool themed like one of the Riviera pools would look really out of place at Poly.
Have you seen the Poly2 renderings? A more subdued pool wouldn’t be out of place, and is more in line with the resort’s design as well.

Have you seen the Poly2 renderings? A more subdued pool wouldn’t be out of place, and is more in line with the resort’s design as well.
Personally, I hope that the new tower holds true to the theming of the Poly. I like the various theming at the hotels. When I hear people talk about how the Poly is outdated or seems "dark" that's very much in line with the Polynesian culture. I do appreciate modern amenities, but definitely hope that the new tower continues to pay homage to the authenticity of the culture it's named after, including the pool area. Does that mean it has to have a volcano? No, but I do hope that it carries on the theming of the rest of the resort.

Personally, I hope that the new tower holds true to the theming of the Poly. I like the various theming at the hotels. When I hear people talk about how the Poly is outdated or seems "dark" that's very much in line with the Polynesian culture. I do appreciate modern amenities, but definitely hope that the new tower continues to pay homage to the authenticity of the culture it's named after, including the pool area. Does that mean it has to have a volcano? No, but I do hope that it carries on the theming of the rest of the resort.
This is where we disagree! For me, Poly1 seems more influenced by kitschy 1960s tiki architecture and design. I’d rather the new resort have a more contemporary take on the Polynesian theme…maybe a little more islandy than the renderings, but still more subdued than Poly1.

This is where we disagree! For me, Poly1 seems more influenced by kitschy 1960s tiki architecture and design. I’d rather the new resort have a more contemporary take on the Polynesian theme…maybe a little more islandy than the renderings, but still more subdued than Poly1.
I get it... I like the immersion of the theming... perhaps even the kitchy-ness, to a point! I think it's the same reason that I cannot understand the obsession with WL. As someone who grew up in the midwest with several friends who lived in authentic log homes, that resort just does nothing for me. But I still appreciate the immersive theming....

I get it... I like the immersion of the theming... perhaps even the kitchy-ness, to a point! I think it's the same reason that I cannot understand the obsession with WL. As someone who grew up in the midwest with several friends who lived in authentic log homes, that resort just does nothing for me. But I still appreciate the immersive theming....
Me too! We own at CCV, and love it. With the cabins, its the best of both worlds. When we stay in a one bedroom, we get all the immersive fun of the lodge, but when we stay in the cabins it’s a more contemporary experience with all the fun theming still nearby.

All I care about is wherever or not there will be 2 bedroom villas——hope so.
Also, do you think there will be 3 bedroom villas a la VGF? Or do the bungalows preclude that?

All I care about is wherever or not there will be 2 bedroom villas——hope so.
Also, do you think there will be 3 bedroom villas a la VGF? Or do the bungalows preclude that?

The drawing suggest there will be. Plus, it has yet to be announced whether this will be part of PVB or a new association.

Copper Creek has both cabins (which are very much like the bungalows) and 3-bedroom villas, so I don't think the bungalows preclude a 3-bedroom option, even if the new Poly is part of the original Poly association.

Riviera is really a bit of an architectural outlier (it’s the basis for “most” of the complaints about the resort’s aesthetic) in that the source material, ie French and Italian grand resort hotels on the Mediterranean, are fairly subdued and lack the overt theming of, say, AKL, Poly, or WL. The pool at RR conveys that same architectural design motif.
The real thing is much more interesting than the Disney bland version IMHO.
1667949098475.png

During our last trip a CM was enthusing to us about WL. When he asked which part of Canada we were from, I said "The wilderness part - which is why we've never stayed at WL" 🤣

How do you figure that? Why would it be different that GF?

VGF was not a brand new project from ground up and personally, think it was a gap project to move cash inventory to DVC to help both divisions.

For DVC something to add for sale with RIV until they had VDH and this new tower to sell.

Obviously, buyers have no problem choosing a resort that has restrictions and what current sales have showed us is that pricing it right against a studio heavy resort, that is more and has less years can work.

So, if they still have the long term goal to keep new resorts restricted from resale, the current sales statistics really do give them what they need to continue what they started with RIV and got pushed out when Covid hit and Reflections got scrapped

VGF was not a brand new project from ground up and personally, think it was a gap project to move cash inventory to DVC to help both divisions.

For DVC something to add for sale with RIV until they had VDH and this new tower to sell.

Obviously, buyers have no problem choosing a resort that has restrictions and what current sales have showed us is that pricing it right against a studio heavy resort, that is more and has less years can work.

So, if they still have the long term goal to keep new resorts restricted from resale, the current sales statistics really do give them what they need to continue what they started with RIV and got pushed out when Covid hit and Reflections got scrapped
Yes.

And to tag on to this, the other difference now is that DVC has more data and experience with RIV sales going on at the same time as VGF, and performing well. One takeaway suggests that restrictions aren't hurting overall sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter