Poly or BC? Would any of these factors sway you?

I have pretty much always stayed at BC and the fact that we are smack in the middle being close to EPCOT and HS I love my two. They are both great resorts and you cant pick a bad one, but i would say stay at BC

I've never stayed at the Poly, but we have been there several times to eat and the lobby is always a madhouse, super packed and did not seem relaxing or peaceful at all! We stayed at the BC this past July, it was very peaceful any time of day, not too much traffic. I can't comment on any of the restaurants inside the BC, we ate at WS and other resorts mostly. There is a separate section of the pool (across the walkway, where the stairs are for the large slide) for smaller kids with a smaller slide, my 6 year old daughter spent most of her pool time there, riding the slide over and over. That section was never crowded. She loved all the rest of the pool as well as the lazy river, but she would not ride the big slide. The public walkway that you have to cross was never particularly busy, mostly just other pool guests at the time of day we went.

I'm considering a split stay for next year and trying 3 nights at the Poly and 7 at BC, because I want to try out a monorail resort. Also, we will be there over 4th of July and think it would be awesome to watch the fireworks from the beach. But I have to talk the family into it as we all loved BC so much. I keep showing my daughter pictures and videos of the Polynesian's volcano pool and beach, but she's still pretty adamant on the BC :) Her 2 favorites on this trip were walking through the countries at Epcot and the pool.

Ugh now I'm second guessing my BC reservation...I will have a seven year old who is an awesome swimmer (swimming since he could walk really) but I worry about him crossing that walkway or falling on the slide stairs. Or getting tired in the deep end etc. His brother is not reliable for help - head is always in the clouds. My worry is that I'll feel the need to hover so I'll never get to relax by the pool (we usually do WL where we can see them from pretty much any seat at the pool). Thoughts?

Depending on what time of day you are at the pool, it may be hard to find a chair without a towel on it already to relax on in the first place. But, if I remember correctly, there may be some spots over by the shallow, sandy pool area where you may be able to see where he would cross to get to the slide stairs. As far as him getting tired, there are a ridiculous amount of life guards so if you lost sight of him I'm sure he would be fine. But I always feel the need to hover and never let my daughter out of my sight so I'm a fine one to talk :) But honestly I don't think I ever sat down on a lounge chair at the pool but still found it very relaxing ( I think at Disney any time you are not inside a park is pretty peaceful). How much time are you planning on spending at the pool? Enough to sway you resort choice on that alone? Are you the only adult? If not, maybe take turns watching the boys.

Depending on what time of day you are at the pool, it may be hard to find a chair without a towel on it already to relax on in the first place. But, if I remember correctly, there may be some spots over by the shallow, sandy pool area where you may be able to see where he would cross to get to the slide stairs. As far as him getting tired, there are a ridiculous amount of life guards so if you lost sight of him I'm sure he would be fine. But I always feel the need to hover and never let my daughter out of my sight so I'm a fine one to talk :) But honestly I don't think I ever sat down on a lounge chair at the pool but still found it very relaxing ( I think at Disney any time you are not inside a park is pretty peaceful). How much time are you planning on spending at the pool? Enough to sway you resort choice on that alone? Are you the only adult? If not, maybe take turns watching the boys.

We usually do the pool for quite long stretches in the afternoons...I am thinking I need to decide if we choose BC for the high fun factor of the swimming areas or Poly for a little bit less work for me and my husband. Husband is completely stressed at work so he will want to lounge for sure...decisions decisions...

I would go with the Poly, but it is close. The benefit of access to both monorails slightly outweighs the ability to walk to Epcot and HS (especially since 1/2 of HS will be dark for the next 18 months or more).

Your dining options expand too, with easy access the Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian from the Poly. Also Dole Whips!

We usually do the pool for quite long stretches in the afternoons...I am thinking I need to decide if we choose BC for the high fun factor of the swimming areas or Poly for a little bit less work for me and my husband. Husband is completely stressed at work so he will want to lounge for sure...decisions decisions...

Maybe you need to decide that if your husband lounges, are you ok with having to hover all of the time? And how will you handle that with 2 boys of different abilities at such a large pool area as Storm Along Bay? I would stay at the Poly now, and save the Beach Club for a few years, when it will be a bit less stressful.

Depending on what room you get at the BC you could be in for a LONG walk to get to the lobby and restaurants if you keep to the inside of the building. We stayed at both the BC and YC it seemed like we got the furthest rooms available both times. The hallways never end. If we were leaving the resort to go to the parks we would use the "secret" doors as they lead us right out of the building without having to go to the lobby to exit. Your Magic Bands will let you back in the same way. We loved that short walk to Epcot. Stormalong Bay is the best pool!
We have also stayed at the Poly. No complaints here. Seems to all come together when we stay here. The aloha feeling day or night, monorail, boat launch, MK fireworks, dole whip...
We enjoyed both resorts very much. I am sure you won't be disappointed with either one.

We have stayed at BCV many times and I do love it but I agree that although SAB is awesome it was far from relaxing. I never sat down because of the need to keep an eye on the kids. When we switched it up and stayed at VWL it was so nice to relax by the pool and be able to still see them. That being said I do love BCV especially the easy access to EPCOT which is the kids favorite park. This year we are trying a studio at the Poly for our trip in April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter